Legendia - A Nightime Epic (Official Script)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in 15 minutes Land Of Legends and GE will celebrate Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. The show can be experienced all around the Atlantian Mountain. Because of lower light levels around the mountain, please watch your step and take small children by the hand during the show. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Get ready, because tonight's celebration, Legendia, will begin in 15 minutes. Thank you.

Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in just 10 minutes the Land Of Legends family and GE will celebrate your day with a performance of Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. There are still lots of great places to watch the show all around the mountain. Because of fireworks and lower light levels during the show, for your safety, we ask that you remain on the promenade side of all railings. During the show, please watch your step and take small children by the hand. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Find a good spot because Legendia will begin in just 10 minutes. Thank you.

Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in just 5 minutes the Land Of Legends family and GE will celebrate celebrate your day with a performance of Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. There are still lots of great places to watch the show all around the mountain. Because of fireworks and lower light levels during the show, for your safety, we ask that you remain on the promenade side of all railings. During the show, please watch your step and take small children by the hand. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Find a good spot because Legendia will begin in just 5 minutes. Thank you.

Female Announcer: Good evening and welcome to Land Of Legends. Tonight we are pleased to present a visual journey, an international fantasy of music, light, and legends. We're about to embark on a sparkling, abstract expedition around Land Of Legends. With the legnds as your passport, we'll discover sights and sounds from colorful ports of call. And to celebrate our journey, the various legends will be united by the festive elements of water, fire, and light. And now, let your imagination be your guide as Land Of Legends proudly presents Legendia!

Ghost Host: Welcome Foolish Mortals. Now wherever you are in Land Of Legends, please turn your attention to the the Atlantian Mountain, look alive, and enjoy the show. If you ensist on lagging behind, you won't enjoy the show.

ACT 1:

As the lights fade, the mountain is quiet and dark. Then, a very faint light appears. The light is Mickey and he is holding a torch. HHe lights the campfire revealing Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy all around in a tent.

Minnie: Hey everyone, I got an idea. Let's tell stories of great legends.

Goofy: Garsh! Is that ScArY?

Mickey: Sometimes. I'll start. There once was a little mermaid, who lived in Atlantis...

Ariel: (As Mickey And Friends Go Under Part Of Your World Starts All Thru Song Water Screens Show Scenes) Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? (Water Shoots Up) Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? (Water Screens Show Her Collection) Wouldn't you think I'm the girl the girl who has ev'rything? Look at this trove. Treasures untold. How many wonders can one cavern hold? Lookin' around here you'd think - Sure, she's got everythin. I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I've got whozits and whatzits galore (You want thingamabobs? I got twenty) But who cares? No big deal. I want more. I wanna be where the people are (Water Screens Show People) I wanna see, Wanna see 'em dancin'. Walkin' around on those (Whad'ya call 'em?) oh - feet. Flippin' your fins you don't get too far Legs are required for jumpin', dancin' Strollin' along down a (What's that word again?) street. Up where they walk. Up where they run. Up where they stay all day in the sun. Wanderin' free. Wish I could be. Part of that world. What would I give If I could live outta these waters? What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand? Betcha on land they understand bet they don't reprimand their daughters bright young women sick o' swimmin' ready to stand and ready to know what the people know. Ask 'em my questions and get some answers. What's a fire and why does it (What's the word?) burn? (Flooded Stage Lights Up In Bright Flames) When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love love to explore that shore above? Out of the sea wish I could be part of that world (Fades Into Part Of Your World End And Eric And Ariel And Laying On A Rock) What would I give To live where you are? What would I pay to stay here beside you? What would I do to see you smiling at me? Where would we walk? Where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun? Just you and me and I could be Part of your world!

Ursula: (Huge Bubble Rises Showing Ariel Singing With Eric Leaving) Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. I can't stand it - it's too easy. The child is in love with a human. And not just any human - a prince! Her daddy'll LOVE that. King Triton's headstrong, lovesick girl would make a charming addition to my little garden.

(Mountain Fades And Ariel Appears On Trapeze Swings Not Noticable To Audience. Sebastina Is In The Water Starting Under The Sea)

Sebastian: (Represented By Audio Animatronic) Down HERE is your home! Ariel - listen to me. The human world - it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there. The seaweed is always greener (Seaweed Rises From Under Stage) in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there but that is a big mistake. Just look at the world around you right here on the ocean floor (Blue And Yellow Lights Go Up) Such wonderful things surround you what more is you lookin' for? (Dolphins And Fish Appear) Under the sea. Under the sea. Darling it's better down where it's wetter take it from me. Up on the shore they work all day out in the sun they slave away While we devotin' full time to floatin' under the sea. (More Fish Appear With Other Sea Creatures And Ariel Does Flips And And Swims Around Stage) Down here all the fish is happy as off through the waves they roll. The fish on the land ain't happy. They sad 'cause they in their bowl. But fish in the bowl is lucky they in for a worser fate. One day when the boss get hungry (Fried Fish Shown On Water Screen) guess who's gon' be on the plate. (The Various Fish And Dolphins Dance, All On Trapeze Strings) Under the sea. Under the sea. Nobody beat us fry us and eat us in fricassee. We what the land folks loves to cook under the sea we off the hook. We got no troubles life is the bubbles (Bubbles Appear). Under the sea. Under the sea. Since life is sweet here we got the beat here...Naturally (Snails Appear). Even the sturgeon an' the ray (Sturgeon And Ray As Puppets Appear And Dance) They get the urge 'n' start to play. We got the spirit. You got to hear it. Under the sea. The newt play the flute (Puppet Newt Plays Flute). The carp play the harp (Puppet Carp Plays Harp). The plaice play the bass (Puppet Plaice Plays Bass) and they soundin' sharp. The bass play the brass (Puppet Bass Play Brass). The chub play the tub (Puppet Chub Plays Tub). The fluke is the duke of soul (Puppet Fluke Plays Sax And Says) (Yeah) The ray he can play (Puppet Ray Plays Strings) the lings on the strings. The trout rockin' out (Puppet Trout Swims Around). The blackfish she sings (Puppet Blackfish Sings). The smelt and the sprat (Puppets Move Onto Stage) they know where it's at. An' oh that blowfish blow (Puppet Blowfish Blows Horns And Blows Up In An Explosion To Symbolize It Blew To Hard And Red Fireworks Shoot Out). Under the sea. Under the sea. When the sardine begin the beguine.
It's music to me. What do they got? A lot of sand, we got a hot crustacean band (All The Puppets Play A Lot Louder And Then Fade Some). Each little clam here (Clams Appear To Snap Over And Over) know how to jam here. Under the sea. Each little slug here (Puppet Slugs Appear And Dance) cuttin' a rug here. Under the sea. Each little snail here (Puppet Snail On Sax Plays) know how to wail here. That's why it's hotter under the water. Ya we in luck here down in the muck here, under the sea.

(Giant Ursula Head Appears Above Teather Complete With Tentacles And Lasers And Pyrotechnics. She Interupts The Music And Says)

Ursula: You pitiful, insignificant, fool! I can make you human Ariel. Come with me. (Ariel floats to head. Flotasm And Jetsem Tie Up Sebastian And Flounder, As Puppets And Fish Run Away.) You can be with your prince forever.

Ariel: You can do that?

Ursula: My dear, sweet child. That's what I do - it's what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk - like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to. I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch. But you'll find that nowadays I've mended all my ways, repented, seen the light and made a switch. True? Yes? (Fireworks Shoot Above Ursula, Purple) And I fortunately know a little magic (Ursula's Magic Table Appears And Opens) It's a talent that I always have possessed. And here lately, please don't laugh, I use it on behalf of the miserable, lonely and depressed. (Pathetic). (Ursula Head Moves And Sings. Various Magic Is Shown Throught Lights And Lasers) Poor unfortunate souls. In pain. In need. (Two People Appear. One Fat, One Too Skinny.) This one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl and do I help them? Yes, indeed. (Both People Now Perfect) Those poor unfortunate souls. So sad. So true. They come flocking to my cauldron crying, "Spells, Ursula please!" and I help them? Yes, I do. Now it's happened once or twice someone couldn't pay the price and I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals (Both people turn into the snakeish/worm things). Yes, I've had the odd complaint, but on the whole I've been a saint. To those poor unfortunate souls. Now, here's the deal. I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Now listen, this is important. (Magic Shows The Deal On Water Screens) Before the sun sets on the third day, you've got to get dear ol' princey to fall in love with you. That is, he's got to kiss you. Not just any kiss - the kiss of true love. If he does kiss you before the sun sets on the third day, you'll remain human, permanently, but - if he doesn't, you turn back into a mermaid, and - you belong to me. Have we got a deal?

Ariel: If I become human, I'll never be with my father or sisters again.

Ursula: That's right. . . . But - you'll have your man. Life's full of tough choices, innit? Oh - and there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of payment. You can't get something for nothing, you know.

Ariel: But I don't have any -

Ursula: I'm not asking much. Just a token, really, a trifle. You'll never even miss it. What I want from you is . . . your voice.

Ariel: My voice?

Ursula: You've got it, sweetcakes. No more talking, singing, zip.

Ariel: But without my voice, how can I -

Ursula: You'll have your looks! Your pretty face! And don't underestimate the importance of body language! Ha!
The men up there don't like a lot of blabber. (Ursula begins to take out potions) They think a girl who gossips is a bore. Yes, on land it's much preferred for ladies not to say a word and after all, dear, what is idle prattle for? Come on, they're not all that impressed with conversation (She begins mixing the potions and various color frieworks explode to symbolize the potions being mixed). True gentlemen avoid it when they can, but they dote and swoon and fawn on a lady who's withdrawn. It's she who holds her tongue who gets her man. Come on, you poor unfortunate soul. Go ahead! Make your choice! I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day. It won't cost much, just your voice! You poor unfortunate soul. It's sad. But true. If you want to cross a bridge, my sweet, you've got to pay the toll. Take a gulp and take a breath and go ahead and sign the scroll!
Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've gother, boys. (Ursula flys in the air). The boss is on a roll. This poor unfortunate soul. (Ariel signs agreement. Fireworks explode and Ursula's cave goes dark. The campers appear again).

Daisy: And then what happened to her?

Mickey: Well, she was turned into a human, and Ursula exchanged her for her father. Ursula began to control the oceans when...

Ursula: You pitiful, insignificant, fool! (Ursula Audio Animatronic Is Even Bigger) Now I am the ruler of all the ocean! The waves obey my every whim! (Blue fireworks explode) The sea and all its spoils bow to my power! (She wrecks havoc, creates a whirlpool and raises some shipwrecks. Purple fireworks explode). Now you little mermaid, you shall pay for what you have caused me(Laughing wickedly). So much for true love! (As Ursula is about to finish Ariel, Eric steers the ship into her. She is impaled and dies most horribly. Laser shoot out her eyes. Red, blue, purple, and black fireworks explode. Lasers go everywhere. The Ursula Audio Animatronic falls. The mountain goes dark.)

Ariel: (Lights Light Up On Ariel) Oh Eric! I could never let go! (Wedding Music. They kiss. Lights go dark).

Mickey: And they lived happily ever after.

ACT 2

Minnie: Oh! I got a story. There was once a beautiful Indian, who lived in the forests of Virginia...

THIS IS NOT COMPLETE, ONLY 4 MORE ACTS TO GO...

ALSO, EACH LAND WILL HAVE AN INTRO, 3 SONGS, AND A FINALE.

WILL FINISH POCAHONTAS' SONG LATER WITH POCAHONTAS AND NATIVE AMERICAN FINALE LATER SATURDAY WHEN I FINISH MY HOMEWORK.

Comments Appreciatted. The WeirdOne :D :hammer: :drevil: :king: :fork: :goodnevil :sohappy:

Goofster

Wow, you're good! Sounds cool, but I don't really understand the connection between The Little MErmaid and our park. It does all sound cool and the little mermaid part would be sweet in MK or the Studios, but I'm not sure how it goes along w/ land of legends. I mean, mermaids are legends, so I guess, it could work, but which land are they connected to?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
They...

They are connected to Atlantis...because Atlantis at one point was believed to be inhabited by the Merfolk of King Posiedon and that's why he sunk the city. So they could all live there. Plus this has to be as much of a character show as possible right? The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Hey Great! The only thing I'm thinking is that with mickey at the beginning, it resembles fantasmic...ALOT..
Maybe give each land a different charecter, and a different show...

Native American-Pochantos
Atlantis-The Little Mermaid
South America-The Jungle Book (I know it took place in India...But closes enough ;)
Egypt-The Lion King
Polynesian/Hawaiin-I'm thinking you could tie in Lilo and Stitch since it takes place in Hawaii, and has surfing...

I agree, make the night time shows for kids...

WeirdOne

Original Poster
OH MY GOD Chad..

I was thinking the same things for the shows. They are all different. And yes, the beginning and end are going to be tributes to Fantasmic!

Here's Mine...

Atlantis - The Little Mermaid
Native American - Pocahontas
South American - The Jungle Book
Egypt - Aladdin or Lion King
Polynesia - No Clue

Also, If anyone has good songs for Polynesia, Egypt, And South And North America, I Would Appreciate It.

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Was that an "Oh my GOD!" You are so frustrating...
or an
OH MY GOD we are thinking on the same levels?

Anyways, I understand the 'Tribute to Fantasmic..' but somethign original would be neat...what about this.. at each show, before it would begin, music would start, and mikey would walk out, holding a torch, the lights would come on, and revela goofy, minnie, donald and pluto sitting in a campsite, with a tent, mickey leans down and lights a fire, and Minnie says,"I think we should tell stories!" after agreement from the rest of the group, Mickey volunteers to go first, and starts telling the story of the little mermaid...
"There once was a little mermaid, who lived in Atlantis...."
The lights and mickey's voice would fade, and the show would begin as you have planned...

This would also flow well with the Idea of the 'legends' since most legends are oral stories passed down...

I Think Aladdin would be best for egypt :) FUn stuff with the genie too, oppurtunities for fireworks...

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Oh My God We Are Thinking On The Same Levels...

That Was An "Oh My God We Are Thinking On The Same Levels..."

As For The Camp Fire...Great Idea...

I Also Want One Character To Intro Each Show.

Mickey For Atlantis/The Little Mermaid.
Minnie For Native American/Pocahontas.
Diasy For South American/Jungle Book.
Goofy For Egypt/Aladdin.
Donald For Polynesia/Who Knows What Character.

I Got Most Of The Songs Down. I Am Re-Writing The Script Now.

Later And Great Ideas. The WeirdOne :D

Chad

:)
Great :) I was thinking the same thing for the intros, after I posted of course, that's why I have a handprint on my forehead where I slapped myself. Looks like it's coming along great :) The kids would LOVE this at night

WeirdOne

Original Poster
GREAT IDEA!!!

This popped into my head after posting to Chad's ride. I say instead of the show being on all 5 sides of the mountain, instead, we have the whole stage rotate like America Sings, Carousel Of Progress, or Meet The World, into a new scene. Like, first the stage startts out with Mickey, then rotates to Atlantis/Little Mermaid, then rotates to Pocahontas, etc...

What do you guys think...?

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

The majority has sorta moved off the mountain idea, and has moved to more of temple...Maybe a rotating temple? Stage?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Well think more like Carousel Of Progress...A rotating stage with each scene showing the new area/characters...The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Sure no problem, but would the idea work...The stage inside the temple would rotate to change each scene...Hopefully ya''ll get it...The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom