Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to permanently close Nov 6

Brian Swan

I don't think a few dollars is enough for lower the prices. The park admission be half the price for this park since half of the park will be closing by the rate they are going and I am sure Disney isn't done closing attractions at DHS.
Yeah. Just like the way they lowered the room rates when they turned the Poly into a deluxe construction zone. Oh, wait...

BernardandBianca

If they close One Man's Dream and don't relocate it...we're talking pitchforks, baby. :mad:

Why is it believed necessary to threaten violence over something as minimal as the closing of a walk-through museum attraction? Isn't there enough maiming and killing already (Canada, Washington to name two recents) without espousing more? This type of comment is, IMO, completely inappropriate.

DC0703

Wouldn't mind much of the OMD content being relocated to DCA. But a small exhibit on MSUSA would be good.

Just relieved that all the Studio "placeholders" are being eliminated so quickly. Obviously the rumors are proving true.

And all those construction walls could prove to be an attraction for many. Me included.

I agree that One Man's Dream is in an odd location, and would be a perfect fit for Main Street USA if there was the room for it.

It's an interesting attraction and I'd hate to see it go (one of the few attractions in DHS that doesn't require long lines or having to juggle starting times), but if that area gets a major Pixar overhaul, it would probably be moved or closed. My speculation of course.

38053WDW

Why is it believed necessary to threaten violence over something as minimal as the closing of a walk-through museum attraction? Isn't there enough maiming and killing already (Canada, Washington to name two recents) without espousing more? This type of comment is, IMO, completely inappropriate.

Looking for the /smirk/ at the end of your rant .. you have to be kidding right ?

DisneyGigi

I would have liked to have actually seen the Legend of Jack Sparrow but since they were offering stupid fastpasses to come back we skipped it, didn't think it was worth coming back for remembering that Narnia wasn't so great (either version) I am a little worried for One Man's Dream, please God, let them move it, but I am also very excited to see new things coming and very tickled to see the hat leaving!

dstrawn9889

i did get to see legend of jack sparrow there, and i thought that it was well done for what it was... a test platform for innovative effects... no not the cannonballs flying atound, the image mapping on the walls... did no one see the edges of the shadows that were image map? that the candle flames were CG as well... and that the image wrapped around the candles and placed the image shown BEHIND the candle props... that was really cool to see. the dialogue and floating head, meh... the technical aspect of the ride was cool though

Goofyernmost

Although, I understand your concern, the fact that this is a theme park and most of us are fans of Disney, there needs to be a lightening up provision put in here. It's an figure of speech threat expressing how unhappy people would be, it's not an FBI status discussion. Besides, as a human being, the fact that that other carp exists in the world is all the more reason that people need to hang on to their escapes.

The things you mentioned are truly serious in the real world, but, if all we have to think about are those things constantly we might just as well cut our wrists, now, and dream of a better after life.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom