Leaving The Magic Kingdom Park

What land needs the most renovation and/or new attractions at the Magic Kingdom?

• Main Street USA

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Adventureland

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Frontierland

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Fantasyland

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Mickey's Toontown Fair

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Tomorrowland

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters

MonorailGreen

Original Poster
When leaving the Magic Kingdom many people returning to their cars at TTC find themselves waiting, sometimes, hours to board the monorail. If you board the resort monorail it is normally less crowded with little or no wait. It makes one stop at Disney's Contemporary Resort but if you have a seat it is not a big deal. Rather be sitting in the Contemporary than standing out in front of the Magic Kingdom to be packed like sardines on the "Express Monorail." It always works for me, even on peak days, very rarely is the resort side busy.

The_CEO

During mass crowded nights, they make sure you show your Resort ID before you even go up the path. So I wouldn't always count on this.

The_CEO

Again, it must of not been THAT crowded if you went and didn't get carded. They don't notice nor care if you do when its not a busy night. But beware they do check when it is :)

Sean23

Originally posted by The_CEO
Again, it must of not been THAT crowded if you went and didn't get carded. They don't notice nor care if you do when its not a busy night. But beware they do check when it is :)

I have done this a least 100 times and have never been stopped or carded.

Woody13

If you have valid admission media (i.e. Park Hopper, AP, etc.) you may use ANY of the WDW transportation system including the resort monorail.

Invero

Actually... this is a common mistake. The resort monorail is *NOT* quicker than the Express Monorail, even WITH a huge line at park exit.

The Express monorail will run with 4 trains. This means the train will hold in the station for 60-75 seconds, and the next train will arrive 90 seconds after the first one leaves. The huge long line that looks like it will be an hour long is typically 10 minutes. It moves VERY quickly. Chances of getting a seat run about 50%.

The Resort monorail on the other hand will run with 3 trains, and about every 5-8 minutes. It will arrive already half-full. Only half the train will be loaded. The train will typically hold in the station for 3-5 minutes. Once it leaves, it must stop at the Contemporary before the TTC. That's another 5 minute stop. Chances of getting a seat are 10-25%.

stkhill@mac.com

We enjoy utililizing our WL boat whenever possible-on the return we enjoy coming back to MK and then returning to WL by boat--Thankstgiving week we hope to watch Wishes that way

Sir Hiss527

Ssshhh...Don't let too many people know this. No you don't have to show an ID or anything. Just don't do this, while i'm there. I need to get home people :lol:

LadyDarling

Or..Don't take the monorail!

I know I'm a party pooper here, but we've NEVER taken the Monorail at night. The line looks pretty darn long (at least 2-3 trains). We take the ferry. The ferry can load more people and besides, it's INCREDABLY scenic.... especially on that last night, watching the castle fade into the distance. Or even arriving that first day and DYING with anticipation, spotting all the rides as they come into view over the trees.

It's also very romantic (a great chance to snuggle if it's a chilly night and you want the view from the top deck)!:sohappy:
5 more days!

Epcot is my fav

We always take the boat to the Poly or GF
-OR-
Take the monorail to Contemporary

Lines or crowds dont bother me when leaving....we always walk slow or sit to let it thin out b4 actually leaving

Dizneydude87

When I went on a really really crowded night, they had a sign that said trans & ticket center with an arrow to both monorails. Same thing with Grad Nite. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom