Pre-Trip Leaving our new baby girl behind...

Hello everyone! I recently finished my TR for our December trip of 2014 and it was such a blast to write it and interact with everybody who participated that Ive decided to write my first Pre-Trip Report! We are also bursting with anticipation so writing a Pre TR just may help us stay calm, but I doubt it.

(For anyone who would like to read my last report, here is a link, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-bwv-holiday-tr.899325/ )

So whats up with this thread title? Is there a bun in the oven? Will we soon be hearing the pitter patter of little feet? Is the stork circling our neighborhood..... Do we have a baby on the way?????? Ummmmm.....no, haha. So dont worry, this trip will feature even more booze and food than our December trip.

We are however bringing home our new baby girl puppy in 7 weeks! We recently decided to add a new member to our private Animal Kingdom, a beautiful female Dutch Shepherd / Belgian Malinois mix. We are VERY VERY excited as this particular breed is absolutely AMAZING. I have a friend who is a professional trainer for K9 and sporting dogs and we are going for the full monty with her training! So while we are excited, the timing of our trip will mean leaving her with my parents only a few weeks after bringing her home. She will be in excellent hands but we will be sad to leave her. The silver lining is that we wont get sad on the last day of our trip because we know we will be going home to our new pup. For now, we are compiling a long list of possible names and most are based on Game of Thrones and/or Disney. The front runners as of now are, Sansa, Daeneryus and Boma.

We have a 14 year old american bull terrier (aka pitbull, but I dont like that term). His name is Brolly and he is the most gentle and sweet, but extremely protective dog. My work occasionally has me out late for certain events and I dont return home until 4 or 5 am some nights. I have never worried about my wife being home alone because he is there with her. His hearing has recently started to go and he often gets tired early in the day. He has done an amazing job being a protector of the home but its time for him to enjoy his golden years and oversee the training of our new puppy. He is still very active and we know he will be excited to have a new playmate to show the ropes too. Here is a quick rundown of our private Animal Kingdom:

B_snow.jpg
Brolly

As big and tough as Brolly is, the matriarch of the house is our eldest cat, Chloe. My wife allows her to get away with any and everything.
883.jpg

Making a cameo in the background is the baby of the house, Ruxin. Ya, we let them on the counter but we keep the Lysol wipes handy and constantly wipe it down so dont freak out. ALL of our animals eat a raw diet (yes, raw uncooked chicken and meat with bones) which among other benefits really helps with shedding.

The exotic animal section of our home features our two lovely parrots, Caesar and Cappy:

20150510_144900.jpg

Caesar is a Double Yellow Headed Amazon and he is 31 years old and yes he talks, but he has an uncanny laugh that sounds very human. My Mom got him in Mexico when I was very young. She would often yell for my father if he was outside or in the other room and to this day Caesar still mimics her and will yell out, "PAUL!!!!"

20150718_161007.jpg

Cappy is a Bare Eyed Cockatoo. He is appx 20 years old. We rescued him and the rescue shelter wasnt sure of his exact age. He is EXTREMELY talkative and has a vocabulary of about 20 words and can say full sentences and he is still learning new stuff. He is also very intelligent. We dont even keep his cage door shut because he just picks the lock anyway. His latest thing is making zombie noises when we watch The Walking Dead. If a Zombie moans or grunts, he chimes right in and is very good at zombie impersonations. It is a bit creepy though when he does it for no reason at all in the middle of the night. He also does the old Budweiser commercial with the frogs saying "Whats Up" over and over in different tones. He is very funny and we are soooo glad we brought him into our home.

The reason I bring up our animals is because our Disney trips often rely on having our family help out with our animals while we are gone. We are blessed to have such wonderful family members who help care for our furry family while we are gone. Ok, so now that your familiar with our animals, maybe I can get back to actually talking about our Disney trip.

So, for those of who you read my last report, you may remember that I surprised my wife on our last day by upgrading our tickets to AP's and we started planning a trip for the 2015 Food and Wine Festival. Well here we are several (long) months later and so far we have 5 days booked at Yacht Club (our favorite resort) for late October and we are going to add 2-3 additional days but havent decided if we want AKL or perhaps try something new like Port Orleans Riverside to scratch it off our list of resorts we havent stayed at. Either way, we will start with the 3 days at AKL or POR and then hop over to YC for the final 5 days and begin our shameless free fall into more food and booze than the human body should be allowed to consume.

Our trip will coincide with the anniversary of the day I proposed at WDW many moons ago in front of Cinderella Castle. I want to recreate the entire day as much as possible. It was a fairly laid back day with the exception of my nervousness going into the MK for the proposal but the CM's at MK were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and they helped me pull off a great surprise with the proposal. I totally thought she knew what was going on, but the CM's pulled out all the stops and she never saw it coming. My original plan had to be aborted last minute due to a refurb at the HM and I was in panic mode at the concierge desk at GF trying to figure out what to do, but the wonderful ladies there sat me down and we went over options and came up with a great idea that worked out better than I could have ever imagined. I'll get to that story later with the details of recreating the day. Its a great story with some really crazy twists and turns of events unfolding and of course,...me drinking a little too much which made a particular incident really funny.

The full cast of this trip is still somewhat up in the air. My sister and her boys have AP's as well and they are trying to squeeze in a few days to join us. Her sons (my nephews) are growing up so fast and I am hoping to get a few more Disney trips in with them before they hit that phase where they are too cool for Disney. I always have a blast with these two boys and my sister.

IMG_3611.JPG

Me with my two nephews

IMG_3610.JPG

My sister and her boys

And if they join us, my bothers youngest son, who is 2, may come along as well. Here is a pic of him with my wife, who will obviously be there too.

camchencrop.jpg

My wife and I have not yet been Disney with our youngest nephew so it will be a real treat to enjoy some time with him and see the amazement in his eyes, not only of the parks, but of his stumbling drunken Uncle trying to stay upright at the end of the day.

Hopefully they will all join us and the trip will be even more fun! My wife and I have a much slower park touring pace than they do so whenever we all go we together we split up on certain days for awhile and meet back up later in the day for lunch or diner. Poly was always their favorite resort but They have recently fallen in love with the Boardwalk Resorts so if they join us, they will most likely book YC or BC and be close to us.

As far as anything specific goes, we have only made one ADR so far and that is for Biergarten on the day we check in at YC which will technically be day 4 of the trip. Seems a bit like overkill on food seeing how Food and Wine will be happening but we love our Biergarten and as I mentioned earlier, we will have no shame and we will eat until we cant eat anymore, then we will probly drink and eat some more.

I get the feeling we will book AKL for our first 3 days simply because we love it there and it will allow us to start the trip off nice and easy. We especially love the Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL. Its not themed too heavy in any way, but it is a very relaxing spot to have a drink and appetizers with great ambiance and the smells wafting up fro Boma and Jiko dont hurt either. Its usually pretty easy to get a spot at Boma so if we decide to hit it up it will be a "day of" decision. We love the Mara as well. The food isnt anything to write home about but my wife and I both agree they have the best chicken tenders on property. Im sure they are prepared the exact same as everywhere else, but for some reason we like them there the best... And did I mention Zebra Domes?!!!! Yummmmm!!!

Well, thats it for today. Im gonna dig through my old memory cards and find some photos of our trip when I proposed to her and I will get more into the details of recreating that day and post it tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for reading! Have a great Saturday everybody!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I bet you get the dining plan too because it's so awesome, you closet foodie! ;):D
Ya! Everything Disney does is so amazing! They can do no wrong!! Happy Happy all the time Disney!! (Will typing tings like this get me into the mommy bloggers club?!!!!) We abandoned the dining plan years ago. We just put the money on gift cards now. I understand why people do it though and if it makes their trip better, more power to em! My sister cant live without it at WDW. The debates we have had get long and tiring.

Did I miss the dates you're planning on being there?
I didnt put them in the post because the exact date may change by a day or two depending on my sister joining us. Dont worry though, we have top men working on it right now...

lostpro9het

Ya! Everything Disney does is so amazing! They can do no wrong!! Happy Happy all the time Disney!!
200_s.gif

I didnt put them in the post because the exact date may change by a day or two depending on my sister joining us. Dont worry though, we have top men working on it right now...
top_men_indiana_jones.gif

:D
We should seriously drink around the world one day. I think we would smash it!

Zipadeelady

Damn, your dog is menacing. Sorry for the language but thats the first thing I thought. Just so you know...I'd never break into your house. ;) With that said I like to love on him too :rolleyes: I work for a Sheriff's Office and the K9's are amazing. All fierce while working then sweethearts in the office. Good luck with your new baby!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm so happy you shared the pictures of all your adorable critters!! I love animals. Hubby and I adopted a dog from a rescue shelter about 6 years ago. He's great, very funny, and is an important member of the family. I don't really have a good picture of him as he won't sit still for a moment, but here is one for you. He looks kinda goofy (as usual . . . :hilarious:) and he was actually ticked off at me when I took the picture; because I was making him wait for a little piece of cheese as his reward, but he wanted the cheese right now!! :p (If you click on the little thumbnail, it will display larger--but again, not the best picture of him!!) ;)

Jack 1.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm so happy you shared the pictures of all your adorable critters!! I love animals. Hubby and I adopted a dog from a rescue shelter about 6 years ago. He's great, very funny, and is an important member of the family. I don't really have a good picture of him as he won't sit still for a moment, but here is one for you. He looks kinda goofy (as usual . . . :hilarious:) and he was actually ticked off at me when I took the picture; because I was making him wait for a little piece of cheese as his reward, but he wanted the cheese right now!! :p (If you click on the little thumbnail, it will display larger--but again, not the best picture of him!!) ;)

View attachment 102074
Thats a good lookin' dog, ma'am! I know that look on his face all too well, lol. "Gimme, gimme, i want it now!"

Damn, your dog is menacing. Sorry for the language but thats the first thing I thought. Just so you know...I'd never break into your house. ;) With that said I like to love on him too :rolleyes: I work for a Sheriff's Office and the K9's are amazing. All fierce while working then sweethearts in the office. Good luck with your new baby!
I grew up in an Irish Catholic house so no need to apologize for language.;)

Those K9's are amazing! It must be fun to get to work around them. We are really excited to get started with our new pups training as she will be going through mostly the same style of training for police K9 with the primary focus being on protection and guard work

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Plans look great! Love your animal pics :) Enjoy the pre feelings!!
Thanks! Looks like we will be down around the same time as your trip. Perhaps we will see each other. You can find us at World Showcase about 90% of the time lol. I will have to send you a message when we are there and maybe we can grab a drink (or coffee if you dont drink)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was jam packed with work but Im off today so its like Saturday for me, hahahaha! I got some pictures of the pups and their father (who is a beast!), check em out:

puppies.jpg

They are still in the whelping box with their momma. We havent made our pick yet so I have no idea which one will be ours. Wife and I have stared at this picture waaaaaay to much over the last few days.

A.jpg

This is the Sire (father) of the litter. He is fully trained in everything from scent detection to attack. We got to spend some time with him and his owner who will also be the trainer for our dog. It was amazing! Part of the training will involve me having to wear whats called a decoy suit (big thick puffy suit you wear that the dogs can bite) and taking a full on attack. Its kind of a right of passage and also helps you respect the power the dogs have. Im probly gonna have to change my underwear when its over but it will be a great experience. There are many uses for decoy suits and Im just getting educated on everything so if anybody reading this is knowledgeable on the subject please pardon my lack of complete understanding. Im still learning and Im not trying to sound as if I know it all.;)

I'll be sure to posts more pics of the pups as I get them. Thanks for all the lovely comments about our animals and for allowing me to share my enthusiasm about our new family member! If anyone reading would like to post a picture of their pets we would LOVE to see them! We know how difficult a Disney trip can be with leaving animals behind and if your anything like us, you spend time waiting in lines at Disney by gushing over pics of your pets. So bring it on, whether its a dog, a cat, a gold fish, or a horse, we wanna see them! Feel free to add a little story about em and who takes care of em while your at Disney or if they travel with you. FYI, if you actually do have a horse, please dont talk about the noises that horses make as I have particular quirk about that after our last WDW trip (details in my last TR).....and oh yeah, dont mention Dennis Farina either.;)

Alrighty then, I just poured a fresh cup of coffee, wifey is still sound asleep as are all the animals... so lets talk about Walt Didnay World!!!

So, on our upcoming trip I want to recreate the day I proposed. Nothing over the top, just hit the same parks, take a few of the same pics and eat at the same spots we did that day. As I mentioned in the first post, my original proposal plan had to be changed when we arrived and Iearned that HM was having a small refurb done outside. The original plan was that I would propose outside the exit of Haunted Mansion where the "ring" in the ground was. If your not familiar with the story, its kinda cool. (this following is copied from wdwforgrownups)-

"Once upon a time in Liberty Square there was a turnstile located at the exit of the Haunted Mansion. When the turnstile was removed the portion that anchored it to the ground still remained. A little piece of sawed off pipe that scared the ground of the exit, a scar that looked vaguely like a ring. Time went by and soon fans created a story to go along with the scar, and the rumor spread that it was the ring of the bride from the ride's attic."

ring1.jpg

(from wdwforgrownups) - "Because this ring was a creation of the fans and not Disney canon, the story of the ring varied depending who would tell it. Perhaps Master Gracey had gotten angry at the young woman for cheating on him and tossed it over the balcony in a fit of rage. Or maybe it was the indent of her ring forced into the ground when she flung herself to her death. The delightfully morbid notion took on a life of it's own and the little piece of embedded pipe grew into legend."

So, we had read about the ring when researching for our trip and we were really excited to check it out. HM is one of my wifes fav rides and I had been tossing around ideas for a proposal and when we read this it all clicked and I knew it would be perfect. I formulated a plan and contacted the concierge at GF and asked if they could help and they said yes. The plan was simple. I told my wife, "lets not look at it right away when we get to the ride, lets ride and then see it after we exit". She agreed. The plan was that I would secretly slip the ring to a CM who would be waiting for me. They would wait until we exited the ride and place the ring exactly where the "ring in the ground" was. They were going to have several CM's there to help clear the area so everything would go as planned and so the photographer could get good shots. So, we would exit the ride and look for the ring. Upon my wife discovering it, the CM would be standing there posing as just a regular CM working HM and he would say to her, "it looks real, doesnt it, try picking it up and see what happens". As she would bend down expecting some kind of Disney magic to happen as she tried to pick it up I would drop to one knee and give my proposal.

The plan was set. I had spent a good amount of time and many phone calls to GF concierge to plan it all out. The ladies at GF were absolutely amazing and so kind in helping me. They were very excited and really made such a great effort and had several CM's who were willing to help it all go down smoothly. I never expected Disney to help as much as they did, and they didnt even charge me a dime! So, the plan was set, I had the ring, everything was prefect, right? WRONG!!!

Before we even got there I hit a snag in my plans that had nothing to do with the HM refurb I would discover when we arrived. My family and her family were going to be there the day after we arrived which would be the day I planned to propose. They all knew I was proposing but we just acted like it was a big family trip. So I get a call from soon to be mother in law a few days before we leave and she tells me she will be a day late because she is picking up other family members on her way down. She asked if I could hold off the proposal one extra day. I tell her that might be tricky as everything was already set. My wife is an only child and her mother and her are VERY close. Her mom tells me in a very polite, but extremely terrifying tone that I better make it happen because if she misses her only daughters proposal she will kill me. She was serious too. So I call GF again and ask if we can switch days. Luckily all the people involved were working the next day so it was cool. I felt relieved and everything was back on track, right? WRONG!!!

So a few days later we are all packed and we head out on our way to Orlando. My wife insists on packing all the suitcases because she is, " way more organized than me" as she puts it. So as I loaded the car I slipped the ring into my suitcase so I wouldnt loose it. It was a double ring set so the box was a bit larger than normal. One ring was a diamond band and the other ring was for the centerpiece diamond. I know thats a bit unorthodox, but when I saw it, "it was the one" so thats what I bought. And hey, it was TWO diamond rings, what woman wouldnt love that? So I slip the bulky ring box into my bag and notice its creating a slight bulge so I wrapped it up in between a pair of jeans to conceal it a little better.. Oh well I thought, she has no need to go into my bag so no big deal. Boy was I mistaken....

I swear, every time we stopped she needed something like her headphones or some baby wipes, or a few single dollar bills for some juice, and whatever it was that she needed she would say, "oh, I put that in your bag, pop the trunk so I can get it". Seriously, she packed all the extra stuff in my bag. I would immediately jump out and say, "I got it". We normally only stop once or twice on the 7 hour drive but it seemed this time we had to stop every hour for something. I came out of the gas station on our last stop which was about an hour or so outside Orlando and I see her rifling through my bag looking for whatever it was she needed. I grab the bag form her and tell her, "let me get whatever it is, your gonna mess my clothes up". It was all I could think to say that didnt sound odd. She looks at me like, "whats wrong with you" because I had just grabbed the bag from right out of her hands. I had to act like I was frustrated that we kept stopping for stuff so I told her just let me handle it and to wait in the car. I said I was just tired from the drive and to forgive me, and that I just wanted to get there. My distraction worked and she got in the car.

So we get to GF and pull up to the valet. I kept my suitcase with me the whole time which she found odd and kept asking "why dont you just let the bellhop take it"? I told her I had put some cash in it and didnt want to risk loosing it. She bought it. We get to the room and I had to had to use the bathroom. Im in there for like 30 seconds and when I walk out I see her unpacking my stuff. :banghead::banghead:. I spring into action and grab my bag and tell her to let me unpack my own bag. At this point she finally asks, "what the heck is up with you and this bag"? By this point im running low on excuses and diversionary tactics. I spit out, "lets unpack our own bags so its faster and we can get to the parks". She shakes her head and gets her bag and begins unpacking it. Crisis diverted.

I unpack everything and manage to slip the ring out without her seeing it. I tell her I need to run down to the front desk real quick, (but really I was going to see the ladies at the concierge). Upon getting to the concierge desk the ladies inform me that they just learned they are repaving the entrance to Haunted Mansion and the "ring" had been paved over. *GASP!!!! All of the sudden the room started spinning and I felt nauseous. All the effort and hard work we planned was down the drain. As I stood there breaking out in a cold sweat, the sweet ladies sit me down and tell me that they learned about HM early that morning and had been hatching up new ideas and they had several options in mind. HM was completely out of the question with all the work going on so the ideas ranged from an Epcot proposal overlooking the lake to something on the beach at GF. 20 minutes go by and we are tossing around all kinds of ideas that would be as unique as the original plan. Then one of the ladies says, "Why dont we do something in front of the castle" For some reason it sounded good. All I could think was that if it wasnt my original idea, anything else that elaborate may not work as well or just seemed forced. The Castle was simple and elegant.

When I first thought of a Disney proposal the castle was obviously on the list of options. I loved my HM idea but I had to come to grips that it wasnt going to happen. The ladies were all over the new plan and within a few minutes they had a scheme all hatched up. They got a Disney photographer and another CM on the phone. Then new plan was that as we walked into MK the CM would spot us and approach us as we entered and tell us that "as guests of the Grand Floridian we received 3 free photos taken by a Disney photographer in front of the castle and it would have a custom Disney frame". The photographer would be in on it and would ask her to turn and look at the castle for one of the pictures and when she would turn that was my queue to drop to on knee. They were even going to have other CM's try and clear out the pathway so the photo wouldnt have a ton of people in the background. They couldnt guarantee that it would be completely empty but they would do their best to stop traffic which I completely understood. So we decided that was the new plan. By now, like 30-40 minutes had passed and my wifes calling me on the phone. I told her I was making some dining reservations at the concierge desk. I rushed back to the room. Everything seemed to be ok for now......Or was it?????

Ill continue in the next post later today. Thanks for reading along! I hope Im not boring anybody. The story keeps getting crazier all the way through the next 2 days.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My goodness, the amount of effort and sensitivity you put into the proposal to your wife was just amazing. She is a very lucky woman. :) I also really like how you're going to try to recreate that happy memory again on your upcoming wedding anniversary. That's so sweet for the both of you.

Switching gears here for a moment, the Sire is a very impressive animal. (I know that some police depts. in MA are using that specific mixed breed in their K9 units.) You'll be brave to wear a decoy suit while you go through dog training sessions. :jawdrop: (So maybe not quite the same thing, but I took my dog to Petsmart for beginner "group" classes, back when he was about 7 months old. None of the 12 of us in that group had to wear a decoy suit, but we did all have quite a few laughs in those classes though! :p :hilarious: ) Again . . . maybe not quite the level of training that you've signed up for . . . ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
My goodness, the amount of effort and sensitivity you put into the proposal to your wife was just amazing. She is a very lucky woman. :) I also really like how you're going to try to recreate that happy memory again on your upcoming wedding anniversary. That's so sweet for the both of you.

Switching gears here for a moment, the Sire is a very impressive animal. (I know that some police depts. in MA are using that specific mixed breed in their K9 units.) You'll be brave to wear a decoy suit while you go through dog training sessions. :jawdrop: (So maybe not quite the same thing, but I took my dog to Petsmart for beginner "group" classes, back when he was about 7 months old. None of the 12 of us in that group had to wear a decoy suit, but we did all have quite a few laughs in those classes though! :p :hilarious: ) Again . . . maybe not quite the level of training that you've signed up for . . . ;)
Hey now....any training, is good training. IMO, it doesnt matter if its at Petsmart or at a professional private trainer. It simply means you care about your animal. Thats awesome! Who knows, maybe on day youll get to wear a decoy suit!

FlaggNL

Thanks! Looks like we will be down around the same time as your trip. Perhaps we will see each other. You can find us at World Showcase about 90% of the time lol. I will have to send you a message when we are there and maybe we can grab a drink (or coffee if you dont drink)

hej there :) That is great you are in the same period as we do! We will visit Epcot just 1 day I guess, we find it the least park out of the rest :) But we can meet for a drink or a coffee...since I drink both :) A pint of Guiness will do just fine ;) We're there from October 16th until 24th so I think we can arrange something :)

sheriffwoody

A few things: Loved seeing all of your animals! Brolly is beautiful, and he certainly does look intimidating enough to keep intruders out! My sister-in-law has a similar dog, though maybe not exactly the same breed. He's HUGE and is protective of them, but he's a big ole baby :) I'll try to find a picture of my dog to share later. He's like my child...and it kills me to leave him when we go to Disney. He loses his mind when we pick him up though, which makes me feel good :inlove: I videoed it last time, but his barks are so piercing, I never posted it anywhere.

I am LOVING your proposal story. You put a lot into that! My husband proposed at my house, which was lovely, but it's always neat reading about elaborate proposal stories. Looking forward to reading the rest :)

Hope planning for this trip goes well! We'll be there at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct so I'm pumped about F&W!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning everyone...

Back to where we left off....

After re-arranging the proposal plan with the ladies at concierge I returned to the room and hold told my wife I was making dining reservations which was why I was gone for so long. By this time it was about 1:30 pm. When I got back to the room I still had the ring in my pocket and had stashed the ring box in the dresser with my clothes. Finding a way to slip it back in without her noticing proved to be quite a challenge. My nerves were shot from all the stress of sneaking around and having to re-plan last minute and it was starting to show. My mind was running all over the place and I wasnt paying attention to anything going on around me. We left the room to explore the resort a bit and the entire time we were gone I was worried about the ring being stolen from the room. I know the chances were slim but it still bothered me. She kept asking me "whats wrong". I knew I couldnt keep up this charade another 24 hours without upsetting her by constantly acting weird or either giving myself an anxiety attack. I had to make a decision. So I did....

When we returned to the room I went on the balcony and called the concierge desk and asked if there was any chance we could just do the proposal TODAY! I knew the CM at MK who was on the phone with us earlier was working so I thought there may be chance it would work. The plan was simple enough that it didnt require too much work. I was just worried that there were too many possibilities of something going wrong between now and the next day. Granted, the same possibilities could have gone wrong even if the original plan was still in place but now I was also dealing with the stress of a new plan and hoping it would still be as memorable as I wanted it to be. I was at the point where I just wanted to get it done and we could enjoy our vacation as a newly engaged couple. I knew my family would understand and would be excited either way, but her mother would not be as forgiving but I had enough to deal with and I would just worry about that later.

My phone rings and its the concierge desk. They tell me we are green lit for the proposal to go down today and everything is in place. She asked what I was wearing so the CM could spot me. She tells me that we will be approached as we go through the turnstiles and just to play along. I get the ring form its hiding spot and we head off to MK. If I thought I was nervous earlier, I had no idea what I was in for.

As we entered the turnstile I could the CM approaching us. She gave us the story about the free photos and my wife wasnt jumping at the idea. she was like, meh... Its not that big of deal. Just as I was about to try and coax her into it, the CM took over and gave her a whole spiel about how great it would be and there was no catch and that it was strictly for guests staying at GF and the pictures would have a collector Disney frame and that it wouldnt take long at all. She made a really, really good sales pitch for it and my wife agreed. She explained that we would need to make a quick stop at the kodak shop to give them our information so they could send us the photos. This was the building on the right as you enter the park, next to Tonys. Im not sure if its still a kodak store now. Anyway, as we enter she asks my wife to confirm our info with the CM at the register. As my wife was doing so, the CM said she was going to bring me to the photo frames and take a look but really it was just to get me aside and explain everything. She was great. The first thing she said was "dont worry, the CM at register is going to keep her distracted for a moment" As I looked over I saw my wife filling out some form and he gave me a quick head nod to assure he was on it. It was pretty impressive how good they were at this. She gave me a quick rundown of the plan and told me what the photographer was going to say so I would know what my queue would be.

She escorted us all the way down MSUSA and right to the spot in front of the castle where the photographer was already waiting. My heart was pounding in my chest. The photographer was great. He was already aware of everything and played along great. My wife was wearing sun glasses and he asked if she would take them off for the photo. It was a very sunny day and she refused, but also because she didnt have a lot of make up on and she is picky about photos of her with no make up. I could tell it wasnt going to happen but I didnt care. He snapped a few photos and then said, "lets get one of you two looking at the castle", this was my queue. He told my wife to turn around and face the castle so he could adjust his position. I cant remember exactly what he said because I was so nervous but he had moved to the side and was telling her to look at him so he could adjust for the light. She was completely turned away from me now.

This was it, the moment was here. As sure as I was that she would say yes, all I recall is a flurry of emotions and thinking, "what if Im crazy and she says no?" But there was no time for thoughts like that, I swept it out of my mind and quickly dropped to one knee before she turned back around. He tells her, "ok I got it, now turn back around". As she does, she sees me there with the ring(s) in my hand. Right as Im about to begin my proposal I hear a lady yell out, "Look, that guys proposing!!!!" She screamed it. As I started my proposal I could still hear her telling the people in her group to look. As distracting as it was, I continued. I said to my wife that she was the best princess a man could ever wish for and the only thing I wanted was to make her the queen of my kingdom. She was standing there with her hands clasped over her mouth. It seemed like an eternity as I awaited her answer. She put her hand out and I placed the rings on her finger. She still hadnt actually said yes, so I asked, is that a yes? She nodded her head and said yes with a big smile on her face. As we turned around there was now a crowd of people surrounding us and they all applauded. It was pretty cool. I probly owe that to the annoying lady who shouted out about it. We gave the audience a good show and ended with a grand finale of our first kiss as an engaged couple. It was AWESOME. We were engaged and I felt like a million pounds had been lifted of my chest.

Sorry for the lack of photos in this post. l will post the photos in my next post because my wife has hidden that particular photo album for a very good reason and I currently do not know its whereabouts. I will explain why soon. The proposal was just the beginning of a crazy slew of events over the next few days. I had an even bigger challenge coming my way and it was going to be tricky to pull it off.......but of course, I had a plan!!!

to be continued....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom