Leave in 9 days, two year old potty training

Kristamouse

Original Poster
:brick: My two year old starting potty training herself and we have been going along with it for about three weeks. Our oldest two kids potty trained in about two weeks so we though we would be OK. Not so with #3, she has the #1 down pat but #2 is not going well. We are doing our best to get this in the bag, or I guess potty, before next Friday. Any suggestions? :brick:

maggiegrace1

Just keep doing what you are doing..it is best not to rush or push her to do it...best thing is to have pullups ready and many potty breaks.. Good Luck!..:D

GenerationX

Our youngest son was in the middle of potty training on one of our trips. We just took a break from the training and went back to diapers for the week for two reasons:
1. We didn't want to take the chance of an accident occurring while on vacation (a pretty good bet - given that he was on a different "schedule" from at home).
2. More efficient touring.

HouCuseChickie

As a mom of slow potty trainers, I'd definitely go back to pull ups or diapers for the trip and not push it. If your child still wants the feeling of wearing underpants...wearing them inside a diaper or pull up - while a bit messy - can make them still feel like a big kid (+ still give them that instant heads up if they've had an accident) while saving you some of the mega mess you'd have without pull ups or a diaper.

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Have cleared the schedual till a brithday party on Saturday...we are on a ridgid schedual in hope #2 will end up in the potty. Fingers crossed that when #2 is in the potty with lots of celebration and treats that it will continue. Only problem is she goes 1x or 2x at most a day so a missed chance wil set us back another day.
She woke up dry this morning and has had no wet accidents for about 7 days, which is great. Will continue w/diapers at night and naps. Pull ups for car and parks.
Thanks!:wave:

ezralou

My suggestion as Dad of two trained boys- if #1 is down pat, then I would be hesitant to go back to diapers. If the problem with #2 is that your child doesn't want to use the toilet (the case for my older son!) but can "hold it" until a pullup can be put on, then they can be in underwear except during the act. Judge your old child on how much a different schedule will affect them- that's something to consider too!

rachels

You don't ever want to go back to diapers if shes almost done thats one of the worse mistakes people make. My son was just potty trained when we went, and as easy as it would have been to use diapers it would of set him back. It confuses a child...Just ask a lot if they have to go to the bathroom...unfortunately accidents may happen, buts that comes with the territory. He only had one accident, and only because we couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough, but by the end of the trip he was completely trained.

rachels

Also instead of pullups try the thick training pants...to me the problem with pullups they absorb to much moisture so when your child pees or poops it doesn't make it uncomfortable enough for them...it sounds horrible but it definitely works

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm going to be watching this thread very closely over the next few months. My DD (2) is just about to start training (next weekend) and we've got only a couple months until our next WDW vacation. I'm hopeful that she'll pick it up quick, but in case she's either a) not ready, or b) slow to pick it up, I am going to be looking forward to any tips and tricks that might come up on here. Since we're going "off" season, I hope the lines wont be too long, but I do think I like the idea of asking questions often. Perhaps right before getting into each line.

NYwdwfan

Just a suggestion - fold a plastic bag into a hand towel and use it as a seat pad in your stroller - the towel will mask that a plastic bag is there and absorb any accident that may happen and the plastic will prevent it from getting on your stroller.

Kristamouse

Original Poster
So it is Monday and still now #2 in the potty...:shrug:, we keep trying though. She has not had a wet accident in like 10 days though...fingers crossed something happens before Friday. If not we will just keep trying in WDW, perhaps Mickey can talk some sense into her:goodnevil

ErickainPA

My kids are still in the training phase. We use diapers at night still. My son just today (he is 4) did #2 on the potty. My girls are almost 3 and have been using the potty for about 6 months with a few accidents, but again diapers at night.

For our trip we leave this Sunday and will be using a diaper or pull-up for the plane trip, but will still ask them if they need to go, they like to be out of diapers/pull-ups if they are wet. But really would rather not have to worry about a possible accident should they forget or can't go when we go to the bathroom.

Just take diapers if she is not comfortable doing #2 in the potty yet. It hasn't set my kids back at all, we use them at nap and bedtime still.

rachels

My kids are still in the training phase. We use diapers at night still. My son just today (he is 4) did #2 on the potty. My girls are almost 3 and have been using the potty for about 6 months with a few accidents, but again diapers at night.

For our trip we leave this Sunday and will be using a diaper or pull-up for the plane trip, but will still ask them if they need to go, they like to be out of diapers/pull-ups if they are wet. But really would rather not have to worry about a possible accident should they forget or can't go when we go to the bathroom.

Just take diapers if she is not comfortable doing #2 in the potty yet. It hasn't set my kids back at all, we use them at nap and bedtime still.

http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/potty-training/basics/potty-training-guide/
http://www.pull-ups.com/na/faq.aspx

Read some of these it only makes sense going back and forth is giving them there ok card to #1 or#2 in there pants...You have to be consistent theres nothing fun about cleaning the accidents up but its necessary to get the training done...Unless your child has some type of disability it is ridiculous to have a four year old that is not trained. Consistency is the key;)

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Still no #2 in the potty...:brick:! Just many many mess's I have had the joy of cleaning up. On the bright side no wet accidents and she wakes up from naps dry. Since we are leaving tommorrow at 4.00am she will leave in diapers. When we stop for breakfrest she will be put in to undies...I have three piddle pads and lysol wipes to deal with the mess. We also packed her 12 panties for 7 days:ROFLOL:! Fingers crossed Mickey will get her to go....
Thanks for all of the input:wave:

tiaragirl

Not that I know a ton about potty training kids, but going back to diapers likely will NOT help you in the long run.. Easier for the trip, yes, but I think your game plan is much better. You don't want to go backwards!

meeskamickey

When I potty trained my older 2 we used these plastic underwear that we put over the regular underwear so that if there was an accident it wouldn't be all over everything. If you're using underwear, I would recommend getting these so that you don't have major messes to clean up with any accidents while your enjoying your vacation. However you work it out, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom