Least Favorite Signature Restaurant

PMC0849

Original Poster
I am just curious, what everyone's least favorite signature restaurant is, if you have one. I have only been to a handful personally, and they all have been good, but I would say the one I am least excited by was Hollywood Brown Derby.

Polydweller

Le Cellier. Eating salty soup in a crowded dungeon isn't my idea of a good time.
Hmm, I guess you didn't get Le Cellier, the cellar. Actually it's a wine cellar in the Chateau. It's not a dungeon.

I really don't get asking for least favorite except to find a new way to bring out people's negativity. You'll get negative reviews of every place so it doesn't tell us much.

NiarrNDisney

I have to go with Citricos! As I have said in a previous thread - I feel it is overpriced, stuffy and one can find a better deal as well as food in many other restaurants around property.

The Incredible Schmulk

Hmm, I guess you didn't get Le Cellier, the cellar. Actually it's a wine cellar in the Chateau. It's not a dungeon.

I really don't get asking for least favorite except to find a new way to bring out people's negativity. You'll get negative reviews of every place so it doesn't tell us much.
No, I think she got it. It feels like there should be chains on the walls and a hunchback serving the water. It's a dank slog of an experience, and you pay a premium for the privilege.

There's nothing wrong with a little negativity. Not every restaurant is worthy of universal praise, and threads like this often bring out legitimate pros and cons that would help a person who might be on a fence about a particular location make an informed decision.

disney4life2008

I strongly disagree - while we can all agree that disneyworld is "perfect" I do not only want to read positive reviews. Many of those positive reviews are inflated. I value negative reviews especially from people on here because most if not all of us are well aware of disney and have been vacationing there for years.

DisneyDebNJ

I personally think asking for opinions regarding a signature status restaurant is an excellent question, especially for the $$$$ spent for the experience. @Sweet Melissa is actually correct. @PMC0849 as much as Le Cellier is a must do for my son, who goes EVERY dang year as a tradition, the restaurant really did go down hill since it changed to Signature status.

GrammieBee

We always liked Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge. However, the last time we were there I ordered their buffalo menu item. It was so tough I couldn't cut it with a knife, let alone chew it. The others in our party had ordered different items. I hardly ever send anything back to the kitchen as I am not a fussy eater, but this cut of meat was impossible.

The problem encountered was that they wouldn't believe me that it was tough. First the waiter, then the head waiter and finally the manager. They kept telling me that buffalo is different than beef. Something I already knew. They apparantly had served this particular menu item to a large group of people the day before and no one had complained. Anyway they finally offered me any other menu item.

The kicker of the story was after we were finished with our meal and had paid the bill, they apologized as they had finally tried that particular piece of meat and found that it was, indeed, inedible. At that point they offered us a dessert but we said no thanks and have not been back.

JIMINYCR

Le Cellier... Read lots of guest reviews about how fabulous their steaks were so I booked and couldnt wait to eat there. Ordered cheddar cheese soup which by the way was the best thing about the meal. Followed up with the NewYork strip & sauteed mushrooms. Was I disappointed. Tough and gristly.
On a second trip back I went to give it another chance, OK everyone raves about the Filet ...again Cheese soup,great flavor again...followed by sauteed mushrooms but now with the Filet Mignon thinking I'd go with a better cut of steak and again was very disappointed in the flavor & cut I received. For the price I paid I should have eaten elsewhere.

lostpro9het

We're 48 days out and can still get ADRs for Le Cell, a few years ago this was unheard of inside the 180 day mark. Sure it jumping to a signature may be some cause of it but I think the quality facade is falling and folks are fed up. We experienced Le Cell both before and after the the signature change and actually enjoyed the atmosphere but were unimpressed with the product.

PMC0849

Original Poster
I have only eaten at Le Cellier once, this past January. Everyone in our party really enjoyed it, of course none of us had been there before it was a signature. The consensus here seems to be that it is overrated though.

Animaniac93-98

The only reason places like Le Cellier (which pre-dining plan nobody talked about) and CRT are Signature is because of demand, and demand only. Comparing them to places like Jiko or Flying Fish obviously makes the quality and value look worse.

BigTxEars

I fell into the Le Cellier trap as well, no way it was going to live up to the expectations we had from hearing how great it was, it was doomed from the start to be a let down. That and 2 DDP credits made it a one time meal for us. I had nothing against the food or the setting, just did not "do it" for us.

Ate at Yatchsman the same trip, again food and setting was fine but it was just kinda "bland" for us, it certainly did not feel like we were at Disney.

I can see why folks would like/love both places though, just not "our cup of tea" so to speak.

On the other hand we had no expectation of The Wave, it was just the right time right place type of meal and it turned out to be AWESOME :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom