Le Cellier

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
We are going to Disney in 21 days. We have reservations at Le Cellier in Epcot, has anyone eaten there recently and what is good on their menu? I have been hearing a lot of talk about the food not being worth the price, any thoughts.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think it's very much worth the price. That said, on Dining Plan it probably isn't.

When the restaurant became Signature, the prices didn't double, but it went from one credit to two on the plans. IMO it went from a very good value on the plans to a not so great value. But if paying OOP, the value was fairly good prior and amazing afterward.

Their Filet is very good. pretty much anything on the menu is an excellent meal.

Last time I was there I wasn't very hungry [F&W nibbling all day], I had the Cheddar Soup and the Pulled Pork Poutine as my entree. It was excellent!

horizons82

I've eaten at Le Cellier several times in the past year and each time has been very good--at least as far as the food. The filet is one of my favorites on property.

The only downside to me is that the tables are really close together and it's usually a full and noisy restaurant. It's a shame about this because Le Cellier could be a really lovely and atmospheric restaurant if it had half the tables (which would also affect price).

That said, as long as the food is more important to you than the atmosphere, you should have a great meal.

TinkerbellKate

We ate at Le Cellier last month and truthfully, I was underwhelmed. I've heard both good and bad reviews. The atmosphere was great and the service was outstanding but as far as the food, I wasn't impressed. Granted, I didn't have the filet but I don't think it's somewhere we will go to again.

Epcotfan21

We just went this past Friday night and it was great as usual. Wife and I have never had a bad experience and is a must do on every trip.

Definitely recommend the filet and cheese soup. Make sure you dip the pretzel bread they'll serve at the table in the cheese soup for an added piece of heaven.

PMC0849

Le Cellier has been great both times I have been, last time was just a month ago. Get the poutine! I cannot stress this enough. The steaks are all good, they are famous for the filet, but whatever cut you prefer will be good. I find it to be quite spacious, but I live in New York, where tables are pretty much right on top of each other on a regular basis, much much closer than at Le Cellier. If you can get the waitress Marina, she is fantastic.

belledream

And for dessert, get the crème brulee! I can usually never pass up on CB when I dine, and that has been one of my favorites to date!

WDWoptmist

Honestly if I'm looking for a steak its hard not to go to Yachtsmans lol nothing against Le Cellier but the food just doesnt quite compare to Yachtsmans IMHO

bethram

We went to LC a couple weeks ago and we will most likely never go back. I was more impressed by the flank steak at Liberty Tree Tavern I had the next night than the filet at LeCellier. My filet wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I would expect from a signature steakhouse.

Everyone has their own opinion of a good steak, but I'd rather spend my two dining credits at Yachtsman.

TXDisney

Mine and my wife's favorite restaurant there. It's a must do everytime we go. We get the same thing everytime and I will never change my order. Beer cheese soup and the filet. Mix with a nice wine and your dinner will be unbelievable.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Honestly if I'm looking for a steak its hard not to go to Yachtsmans lol nothing against Le Cellier but the food just doesnt quite compare to Yachtsmans IMHO
We went to LC a couple weeks ago and we will most likely never go back. I was more impressed by the flank steak at Liberty Tree Tavern I had the next night than the filet at LeCellier. My filet wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I would expect from a signature steakhouse.

Everyone has their own opinion of a good steak, but I'd rather spend my two dining credits at Yachtsman.

This makes me nervous! LOL.
It seems people either like Yachtsman or Le Cellier, not both.
We love Yachtsman but have decided to try Le Cellier next trip.
I'm afraid I wont like it! I tried the filet at the Canada F&W Booth and it was cooked fine but the sauce was off.

WDWoptmist

This makes me nervous! LOL.
It seems people either like Yachtsman or Le Cellier, not both.
We love Yachtsman but have decided to try Le Cellier next trip.
I'm afraid I wont like it! I tried the filet at the Canada F&W Booth and it was cooked fine but the sauce was off.
Its not that you wont like it...it just wont quite live up to Yachtsmans if you have been to Yachtsmans already...but they are very different Le Cellier is very good especially for in the park dining. I actually prefer Monsieur Paul though lol just try and that way you can find out for yourself!

JohnD

If you've never been, then it's a must-do at least once. Shulas and Yachtsman may be better but you have the convenience of still being in Epcot. If you go, get the filet and the cheddar cheese soup.

Killnme

The Le Cellier Poutine is really good, The Filet is ok but the price is HIGH. The Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup is great.

Frankie The Beer

Le Cellier prices are high? Ever eat at Gordon Ramsay's Steak in Las Vegas?

Le Cellier for what it is, which is a resort steakhouse, is good. The quality is comparable to other steakhouses in Orlando, including Yachtmans, Palm, and in my opinion would throw in the local Outback as well. Not a bad meal, but nothing that will make your jaw drop.

Best steakhouse in Florida, and in my opinion the USA is a trip away in Tampa Bay. Check out Bern's if you want to do steak right.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Le Cellier prices are high? Ever eat at Gordon Ramsay's Steak in Las Vegas?

Le Cellier for what it is, which is a resort steakhouse, is good. The quality is comparable to other steakhouses in Orlando, including Yachtmans, Palm, and in my opinion would throw in the local Outback as well. Not a bad meal, but nothing that will make your jaw drop.

Best steakhouse in Florida, and in my opinion the USA is a trip away in Tampa Bay. Check out Bern's if you want to do steak right.
Sorry, I have to disagree... no way is Yachtsman comparable to Outback. Nope, no way.

MaxsDad

And for dessert, get the crème brulee! I can usually never pass up on CB when I dine, and that has been one of my favorites to date!
I, too, have started ordering the CB when available at WDW. I have had it at Le Cellier, Kona, Brown Derby, Chefs de France, Narcoossee's. Le Cellier has been my favorite as well. Brown Derby is a close second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom