Le Cellier to offer single all-day menu from tomorrow

StarWarsGirl

We just dined here the other day after over a year of not returning because it was so bad before. The other day it was wonderful! The menu had improved, and the food was excellent!! I dont know why they cant leave this place alone, this means another new menu and probably even higher prices.
Really? I've eaten here probably 40 times in my lifetime and can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal here. We used to eat here twice per trip, but since the price increase, we've cut it down to once per trip. As long as they don't take the Mushroom filet, the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup, the maple creme brulee, and and the pom frite, all will be fine. They cut the maple creme brulee once and people complained (including myself) until they brought it back.

If we were doing the meal plan, though, there is no way that we would use two here. Not unless we were planning on paying someplace like Prime Time Cafe. Tables in Wonderland is the way to go!

journ116

Good-bye Le Cellier:oops: ...I guess I will have to make a trip during the Food & Wine Festival, or bribe a patron at the restaurant, in order to enjoy my favorite soup: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. Good news for people who don't care about the change: more soup for you!:D

aladdin2007

We're canceling our lunch reservations too. We just cannot justify paying that much for a meal! I'll make my own cheese soup.

Yeah sadly doing the same for the next one we had. Letter and email about this will be sent. Disney has really gone off the deep end, I hope they are happy, customers are not.

dxwwf3

Guys do like I am from now on, just order the soup and treat it like a snack and eat your main meal elsewhere. If enough people get reservations without ordering entrees maybe Disney will notice.

Hulacat

They just lost my April ADR- the ONLY reason we enjoyed going there last year was the (reasonably priced) prix fixe lunch- 3 courses (yes, I had the amaaaazing burger wth mine) at a decent price.....They are not serving gold there. It's simply not worth it to pay that much for a place that jams you into cramped seating- and they weren't exactly cheap before. Sad all around.

aladdin2007

Disney, if your reading this please know you have just ruined a great dining location and made it impossible for many to dine here. The new menu is horrible and the inflated prices are outrageous at lunch time, it is not worth those kinds of prices, especially at lunch, like others have said its not like your serving gold here. You are pricing out the public on these locations and call it what you want, signature or otherwise, its an outright ripoff. We will not be returning here cant afford it....

Others feel free to leave your comments about it here, while I will be writing a professional letter with some of the sentiments above, and email, I will not include/compile your comments unless there is something specific you would like me to include, Ill be happy to do so. The more words of how unhappy we are about this the better, they need to know.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am reminded of Yogi Berra's quote in regards to why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

You are however correct. Le Cellier is not worth the price. It is really a victim of its own success. You were hard pressed to get a reservation there when it was 1 credit and nothing really changed when it went to 2 for dinner. I don't doubt the place will still be booked solid with the 2 credit lunch change. It is just supply and demand.

MRGEFF

This does offer Canada to open a CS place. Most countries in WS have both TS and CS. Can you imagine Canada cs? Burgers, cheese soup, and moosehead beer! And beaver tails. they have the room for it
Great idea ! O, Canada how I miss the beaver tails !! We have a reservation for the end of February & are now we are planning to cancel Le Cellier & eat at another TS in EPCOT.

MacVenture

Last spring, the family and I were finally able to get dinner reservations at Le Cellier. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed with the price vs overall food quality. The steaks are WAY over priced.

StarWarsGirl

Uh...well...I don't care that much. After all, 1.) They didn't take off my favorites and 2.) I'm not the one paying, so I don't care. I mean, it's a shame it's more expensive, but I blame DDP.

Dagger

I will affectionately remember our last trip there for dinner, prior to going to 2 credits. At the same time, we always did the dining plan when dining there because the actual prices were already outrageous. Always has pretty mediocre service and even a few times, a less than flavorful steak. I just have high standards with dining and with such a blase environment, I shan't be returning.

wdwfan4ver

I wasn't doing back to Le Cellier even before the all day menu.

I went to Le Cellier two times for lunch on my last trip and one them had bad tasting food. I ordered a steak medium both times. The first time, I got the steak about 3 minutes after I ordered it and the steak didn't taste good compare to the past there. The 2nd time, the streak tasted better and it took me longer than 3 minutes to get.

It wasn't fluke that Le Cellier gave steak cooked medium in 3 minutes there. I know a couple that had a bad meal there almost a week after I did. The steak was ordered medium, but they received their steaks 2 to 3 minutes after they order theirs and the steak tasted so bad that they couldn't eat it. All this tells me is Le Cellier is has having quality control problems with their steak.

I also know another person who claimed Le Cellier has bad quality of steak. That person is a co owner of a place that is in the catering business and does deal with steak. That person also had good steak there, but that person said there was no difference in the food with lunch and their signature dinner in terms of quality of food and amount of food.

Malin

I might be in the minority here but I'm thrilled with the decisions made by Disney. Le Cellier is for some reason a hugely popular Restaurant. At times it was impossible to get a reservation without giving away a arm or leg. People complaining should get real because World Showcase has plenty of other options available. And it might give the people who can afford this Restaurant but don't plan everything out 6 months in advance an opportunity to dine here at last. I do however feel Disney should set up a kiosk in the Canadian Showcase to sell the cheddar cheese soup. I know it's done during Food & Wine Festival.

aladdin2007

I might be in the minority here but I'm thrilled with the decisions made by Disney. Le Cellier is for some reason a hugely popular Restaurant. At times it was impossible to get a reservation without giving away a arm or leg. People complaining should get real because World Showcase has plenty of other options available. And it might give the people who can afford this Restaurant but don't plan everything out 6 months in advance an opportunity to dine here at last. I do however feel Disney should set up a kiosk in the Canadian Showcase to sell the cheddar cheese soup. I know it's done during Food & Wine Festival.

Really? So its okay to charge 40 bucks a head at lunch when its not worth it? Its the principle of the matter here. Its not worth that price at lunch time. It was high before but was okay and doable because it was worth it, usually, and usually around $22 and up. But they just did almost a 75% price increase on that menu (comparing the grilled chop $22, now replaced with some odd pork dish for $38) and changed the menu drastically and took away what people loved. Insane. Thats not okay. Its a waste of money unless your out for a really good steak but even the reviews on that have not always been stellar.

bgraham34

I bet you are also ok with EMH being cut an hour as well. Sorry but Disney is getting too greedy now and ruining what was good about the Disney World Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom