Le Cellier to offer single all-day menu from tomorrow

Rob562

You can add me to the list of people who thought that the burger was the best burger they'd ever had. My guess is that with the switch to Signature they decided to remove it so that they didn't have "cheap" items on the menu. I wouldn't have used two dining credits on the burger, but I would've paid out of pocket for it with my TiW discount.

Mentioned it in another thread but it bear repeating here: Now that they're removing the burger from the menu entirely, this would be the perfect opportunity for them to take all of the indoor spaces on the top level of the pavilion and make them into a Counter Service location that could sell this burger again. Perhaps something like the kitchen and a little bit of seating inside the main building, some seating inside the "houses" on the opposite side, and some outdoor tables scattered around the upper level.

-Rob

dxwwf3

You can add me to the list of people who thought that the burger was the best burger they'd ever had. My guess is that with the switch to Signature they decided to remove it so that they didn't have "cheap" items on the menu. I wouldn't have used two dining credits on the burger, but I would've paid out of pocket for it with my TiW discount.

Mentioned it in another thread but it bear repeating here: Now that they're removing the burger from the menu entirely, this would be the perfect opportunity for them to take all of the indoor spaces on the top level of the pavilion and make them into a Counter Service location that could sell this burger again. Perhaps something like the kitchen and a little bit of seating inside the main building, some seating inside the "houses" on the opposite side, and some outdoor tables scattered around the upper level.

-Rob

If they add a counter service that has that steak burger and the cheddar cheese soup, it would be the greatest thing that could happen to World Showcase. I've been bummed all day with this news. I looked forward to that burger every single year. Maybe if we complain enough they will bring it back.

Goofnut1980

We just dined here the other day after over a year of not returning because it was so bad before. The other day it was wonderful! The menu had improved, and the food was excellent!! I dont know why they cant leave this place alone, this means another new menu and probably even higher prices.

I am glad you had a wonderful experience. I went on December 15th, after having been nearly a dozen times so far, and this time was just terrible. We went for dinner, no dinning plan this time, we were paying cash. It was not worth it. I asked for medium on my filet and it came out well done... My partner asked for med rare and the center was ice cold. Secondly, the server gave us each others filet. The soup was extremely gritty. Also, who the heck puts mashed potatos on the lunch menu but you cant get them on the dinner menu. It was not even an option (per the manager). The risotto was undercooked and the texture was chewy and gummy. If that was a signature dinner, I couldn't imagine how bad their lunch would be. For $130 meal, we were ripped off.

Having said that, we got a better steak at Applebees last week. And that's saying something.

We did however sit next to two great tables and we all chatted during our meal.

We just know in September and December when we return, we will not be going back to Le Cellier.

Goofnut1980

Now that's what I call limited time magic!

Speaking of Limited Time Magic... Does anyone else think it is just ridiculous they are only announcing the promo the week it is happening... Who the hell (pardon the language) cares about it after the fact. Wouldn't you want people to plan vacations because of a really cool promo you will be running that week???

Rob562

Speaking of Limited Time Magic... Does anyone else think it is just ridiculous they are only announcing the promo the week it is happening... Who the hell (pardon the language) cares about it after the fact. Wouldn't you want people to plan vacations because of a really cool promo you will be running that week???

I am of the belief that Limited Time Magic was something dreamed up for Disneyland and its mostly-local guest population, and WDW was forced to tag along for the purpose of promoting it all under a single "Disney Parks" moniker.

-Rob

sam_disney

We have literally just booked le celier for lunch time for our next trip in July- I hope they don't change it too much- because i was looking forward to the cream cheese mash and moose! :p

alissafalco

We went for lunch this past September while it was still only 1 DDP credit. My meal and everyone else's meal was excellent. It was one of my favorite meals at WDW. Having that said, it still is absolutely NOT worth 2 DDP credits, especially if you're going for lunch. Needless to say we will not be going back as long as its 2 DDP credits. That is a complete rip off!

jwutony16

Seems like this place is either really good or really bad. I always pay cash because I am a local but I will not spend the money there anymore. I never leave property to save a few bucks on dinner but I will always pass up on this place. There are better options for the money inside or near Epcot. Do they still sell poutine in the small cart? They really do need a quick serve where they can sell the burger, poutine, soup, Canadian Beer...etc They have some great opportunities to enhance the Canadian dining experience and they do no capitalize on it. They could also create a steak sandwich for people that can not get in to Le Celier

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

Wow. I guess I should do my best to withhold my judgement until we eat there in June. I'm definitely disappointed that I don't see the cream cheese mashed potatoes on the menu though, unless I missed it. That was a favorite of the wife and I. We also made lunch reservations instead of dinner this time specifically for the items that were on the lunch menu. Had I known it was going to change to an all-day menu, I would have just made dinner reservations.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but I hope this June won't be our last time at Le Cellier.

Also, thanks for the update, Steve!

mickey2008.1

This does offer Canada to open a CS place. Most countries in WS have both TS and CS. Can you imagine Canada cs? Burgers, cheese soup, and moosehead beer! And beaver tails. they have the room for it

Dad 2 M & M

I would like to volunteer that I was only charged 1 credit each for two adults when I went last Tuesday the 8th, but maybe the switch was just postponed to coincide with this new rollout.
Was it lunch? Have heard that lunch is still 1 TS....who knows how long that will last as it was supposed to change for 2013.

Dad 2 M & M

Agreed. It's something I got every trip. If it's gone for good that would really be a shame.
The Moose and those types of things are a big part of M & Ms childhood and what makes Disney Magical. While many have issues with other changes, price increases, and general lack of upkeep in areas, we have been well satisfied with WDW Parks and plan no changes in our travel destinations. The biggest reason for our satisfaction is that Disney IS still Magical in our eyes. CRT & Tusker Breakfast, Pizza Planet, Osborne Lights (just to name a few) along with Le Cellier are musts on each trip. Their continued Magic is a big part of the reason that we don’t have issues (many times don’t even notice) with what others voice complaints.

It is not just a dessert in our camp; it is one of the things we daydream about for the 364 days til our next trip!

**Edit** DD just pointed out it might be on the children's menu; do they have a children's menu? **End**

durangojim

If they add a counter service that has that steak burger and the cheddar cheese soup, it would be the greatest thing that could happen to World Showcase. I've been bummed all day with this news. I looked forward to that burger every single year. Maybe if we complain enough they will bring it back.
I read on the disney food blog that the lounge/bar at the WL offers beer cheddar cheese fondue which is supposed to be very similar in taste to the soup. I will find out in 2 months!:D

durangojim

We've eaten there a number of times in the past. Once it was excellent food with excellent service, the other times just ok or meh. For the price I will definitely go there again. I'd rather spend my money at a restaurant I really enjoy.

aladdin2007

Major thumbs down on that new menu and the inflated prices, awful! For lunch this is crazy. So much for that place. What a shame. Disney is just pricing everyone right out of the ability to dine...I feel sorry for the people who had lunch reservations today and didnt know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom