LDS/ mormon dorms

sandicinderelli

why on earth is this thread still going on if its against the rules?? :brick: none of you seem to be listening to each other and this kind of convo is as pointless as making someone see eye to eye on politics as you!!! just be the bigger person and stop debating this...please!!

anyways, is florida's weather good?!? :D we just got over some bad flooding here in kansas and im ready for some beautiful sunshine!!!!

also, i know this is a silly question but since we're on living arrangements, i'm turning 21 when im there!! is there no alcohol allowed at all in wellness apartments even if im of age? can i store it there but just not drink it while im there, or would my car be the best place? i dont wanna get terminated when im finally legal to do everything an american citizen can do!!! :shrug:

Florida weather is very nice except in the summer, where the heat and humidity can get to you. I really liked winter and spring there.

In answering your next question, the answer is yes. Wellness apts were created to house CPs under 21. If you want alcohol around, then make sure you request a non-wellness apt at check-in. To prevent termination, make sure that you are in a non-wellness apartment, and leave the party/report to someone IMMEDIATELY when you see underage drinking so that you are not assumed guilty as well. Security doesn't leave any survivors - if they ask for your ID when they check the apt, and there's people under 21 drinking, they will report you and you'll get termed.

It's not fair, but it's the rules.

kcw

Florida weather is very nice except in the summer, where the heat and humidity can get to you. I really liked winter and spring there.

In answering your next question, the answer is yes. Wellness apts were created to house CPs under 21. If you want alcohol around, then make sure you request a non-wellness apt at check-in. To prevent termination, make sure that you are in a non-wellness apartment, and leave the party/report to someone IMMEDIATELY when you see underage drinking so that you are not assumed guilty as well. Security doesn't leave any survivors - if they ask for your ID when they check the apt, and there's people under 21 drinking, they will report you and you'll get termed.

It's not fair, but it's the rules.

to clarify just a bit more, since you're turning 21 while you're there, you will have to live in a wellness for the first little bit until your birthday. Then after you turn 21, you can put in a request to be transferred to a non-wellness. And I believe you are still subject to the $50 (i think) relocation fee. One of my roommates was in this situation and told us she was going to move out after her birthday, but when the time came she decided it was too much hassle and just stayed in our apt. Granted, she only had a month left of her program. Just things to think about though- I don't know how long you'll be there before your birthday- if it's only a couple weeks then just don't fully unpack and get all settled into your wellness one...

HAH! i would never leave you!! just curious! thanks guys for the answers! also, if we're in a party where there's alcohol in the non-wellness and we aren't drinking, will we still get in trouble?

juan

to clarify, you don't need to pay $50 to move once turning 21 --- just make sure they know and you write it on the form as the reason for moving

I moved last month from VW to CS and didn't pay anything because I had turned 21

wonderbooty911

My brother was engaged to a Mormon from Salt Lake City,Utah. Brother is Jewish and it would have made for one Hell OF A Wedding!!!!:lol:

Imagine .....
Big Love meets Seinfeld.

The sad thing is that only mormons can see a mormon wedding in the temple, and if you don't want to get married in the temple (surrounded by only other "worthy" mormons), you're not going to the highest level of heaven. It's so sad.

stevehousse

I think we need to leave religion out of Disney! If a school wants their students in a "dry dorm" who cares! Is it a little weird, yes, but not our problem!

sweetpee_1993

Aaaand...a bit puzzled why a 5 year old thread was resurrected to comment on the requirements to attend a sealing in a temple. ???? I've never had a temple recommend but I'd never ask a couple being sealed not to do that because of me. And what does any of that have to do with Disney, the CP living arrangements, or anything else in this thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom