Laundry Pick Up Services

andee515

Original Poster
Does anyone know of a dry cleaner in the area that picks-up laundry and brings it back to the room. We will be staying at the poly, I know there is laundry there, but I'm on vacation and do not want to take the time and hassle, and their laundry service is several dollars per piece. I was just looking for a normal laundry service that charged by by the pound. Thanks ahead of time for any info!

Jenngusto

Hi Andee
Did you ever get an answer to your question? We are going in a little over a month and I am beginning to plan my packing strategy. :wave:

fosse76

I think they just want all their laundry dry-cleaned so they don't have to worry about it.

I don't know that that's the case either. Here in New York, Dry Cleaners also offer wash and fold laundry service, so that could be why the OP asked about a dry cleaner.

rsoxguy

Does anyone know of a dry cleaner in the area that picks-up laundry and brings it back to the room. We will be staying at the poly, I know there is laundry there, but I'm on vacation and do not want to take the time and hassle, and their laundry service is several dollars per piece. I was just looking for a normal laundry service that charged by by the pound. Thanks ahead of time for any info!
Try this link: http://www.bestcleanersorlando.com/ I have never used them (I"d rather throw away clothing than bother with laundry on vacation :)), but I hope that this helps.

sweetpee_1993

OMG! I've been asking about a laundry service, not dry cleaning, for a while now, too. When we go we are there for 9 nights. Obviously I'm not packing 9+ outfits for each of us. I hate doing laundry at the laundromats at the hotels because it takes time away from the fun stuff. Disney soooo needs to find a wash/dry/fold service that picks up in the morning and drops off within 24 hours. It can't be much more complicated then dry cleaning. Wanna make your million? Start a business in LBV that services the WDW resort guests basic laundry chores. I'd pay good money for this!

bluefaery

OMG! I've been asking about a laundry service, not dry cleaning, for a while now, too. When we go we are there for 9 nights. Obviously I'm not packing 9+ outfits for each of us. I hate doing laundry at the laundromats at the hotels because it takes time away from the fun stuff. Disney soooo needs to find a wash/dry/fold service that picks up in the morning and drops off within 24 hours. It can't be much more complicated then dry cleaning. Wanna make your million? Start a business in LBV that services the WDW resort guests basic laundry chores. I'd pay good money for this!

That's why whenever I have to go laundry at WDW I do it either the last day, which is normally a pol day for me or i do it at night when i get back from the parks.

sweetpee_1993

I generally do mine mid-day when/if we take a break from the parks. There's few people in there so there's no waiting for machines. I generally do laundry at least twice because I don't like having to pack so much clothes for a long trip and I like to have options when it comes to deciding what to wear. :) But....if there was a wash/dry/fold service....oh I'd be in hog heaven!

jjgoo

I don't know of a place and don't plan on using one, but if I were to here is what I would do.

I would call one of the hotels in the downtown Disney area and ask to speak to the concierge. Tell them that you will be staying in the near future and ask if they can give you the number of a local laundry that picks up.

If that did not work I would map a small radius around those downtown hotels and just do a yellow page search for laundry services.

Another option is to call the Orlando tourist bureau, Better Business Bureae or a local travel agent.

A pick up laundry is a great service if you need it. I used one several times in college and it actually turned out to be cheaper than stuffing quarters into the old dirty machines in the basement.

Good luck!

TrojanUSC

The Polynesian offers cleaning service. There is a fee ($2 or so more an item than an outside vendor) but will probably be much simpler than anything else.

sweetpee_1993

Isn't that what the bag in your closet is for? Unless that's so expensive. I don't really know.

I think the bag in the closet is for dry cleaning at a per piece price. Who wants to pay $3 for each sock to get dry cleaned? It'd be too expensive. I think at one point I tried to locate a laundry service but the few area cleaners I talked to said they would be glad to do the wash for me but I'd be charged ther per piece price which would be incredibly expensive. Think about it. If each day you wear a pair of socks, undies, jeans/shorts, and t-shirt that's a minimum of 5 pieces. Lets say it's $2 per piece cleaned. That makes it $10 per outfit. Multiply that by 4 people in the family now we're at $40 each day. That doesn't include jammies (I'm weird about washing jammies constantly - I don't like to wear anything again if it's been on my body more than 10 minutes - weird, I know) or any additional layered pieces (I layer tanks and cammies under everything). In January we'll likely layer long sleeves over short in the evenings. If I only paid to have our day clothes washed over our 9 night stay I'm looking at $360 minimum. Realistically I'd say we produce more like 9 pieces of laundry per day each. Multiply it all out at $2 per piece and I'd be spending just shy of $650 over our trip. That's a lot of moolah. Plus, I don't think Disney dry cleaning would be as cheap as $2 per piece. I'm sure it's more.

Then again, now that I've done the math, I could be okay with $650 for a break from laundry duties...maybe...LOL! I hate laundry!

rob0519

The Poly actually has a really nice do it yourself laundry facility. We're used it many times. I've even taken laundry there when we were staying at the Contemporary. Once at the Contemporary, I called the front desk and asked about a laundry service or the location of the nearest coin-op laundry. I was told someone would call me back. About 20 minutes later, the night manager called and said to put everything in laundry bags (they sent up extras) and she would have our clothes cleaned so that we did not have to leave the property.

I put all our clothes in bags and sure enough the next afternoon everything was back, on hangers, in plastic including socks and underwear. It would have cost several hundred dollars had I paid for that myself. I certainly didn't expect that and wrote a nice thank you note.

jim1051

just one more little benefit of DVC that most people don't think about. Washer and dryer in the villas except studios. Washer on when we go out for dinner or to a park and dryer on when back in villa for rest or at the end of the day

Bettyann R

Personally I wouldn't bring anything that needed to be dry cleaned, but many people need items just plain laundered (washed, dried and folded).. It cuts down on having to pay extra luggage fees, less to lug around airport.. Just easier to bring half of what you need and handle laundry halfway thru..

bjb1124

In case anyone still wants a pick up and delivery of laundry by the pound, I did a google search. SheLovesToDoLaundry.com appears to be one. The other, I'm not sure would go out to the parks is American Dry Cleaners. Unfortunately I don't get to stay long enough on my trips to usually need one, but I would probably add to my collection of Disney clothes before I would do laundry. But never say never :)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom