Late Nights at JellyRolls on Boardwalk

krushuk

I've seen where many people say that Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk is a great place to hang out at night. They also say it doesn't get rocking till midnight or so.

My question is: If I'm staying at Pop Century and hang out till past midnight at Jellyrolls, what transportation is available to take me back to PC? Do the buses run that late. Jellyrolls doesn't close until 2am. I didn't think the Disney buses ran all night.

Anyone know for sure?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
krushuk said:
I've seen where many people say that Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk is a great place to hang out at night. They also say it doesn't get rocking till midnight or so.

My question is: If I'm staying at Pop Century and hang out till past midnight at Jellyrolls, what transportation is available to take me back to PC? Do the buses run that late. Jellyrolls doesn't close until 2am. I didn't think the Disney buses ran all night.

Anyone know for sure?
To get back to Pop, u will have to take a taxi. WDW transportation wont run that late and they can't take you from resort to resort. In order to get to Boardwalk in the first place you are going to have to take a bus from Pop to any park and then a bus from the park to Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

UKMickeyFan

A taxi to pop at that time of night will take about 5 mins and shouldn't cost very much at all, but try leaving a little bit before the end of the night because lines for taxi's at the boardwalk when it close's can be huge.

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

My wife and I as a tradition will go to Big River, Atlantic Dance, and finish with Jellyrolls anytime we visit Epcot on a Friday or Saturday. Nine times out of ten we are not staying at one of the 3 hotels that surround the clubs.

In the past this is what we have done...

1. Back when we were Disney newbies and realized the error of our ways we would drive to the Boardwalk from our hotel; have lunch at Big River walk to Epcot and then finish our evening at Jellyrolls and drive back to out hotel sometime around 1:00AM (If you do this dont admit it... you will get roasted)

2. Take a bus to the closest park and the return bus to the Boardwalk continue with our day/evening and take a cab back to our hotel.

3. Most often we just take a cab from our hotel to the Boardwalk proceed with our day and a cab back to our hotel....... If you dont mind the fare I have found that roundtrip from pretty much any hotel will run you about $25. When measured against the bus transfer in example 2 and the impending DUI if we get out of hand in example #1 :hammer: .... choice 3 is the only way to fly for us anymore

PS All 3 examples involving staying on property

Hope this helps.....

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
MartyMouse said:
Why can't you drive?:confused:
Drunk driving is never a good idea...:lookaroun :lookaroun
I find it rather impossible to go on vacation, go to Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance, and not get toasted. But that is just me. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

robynchic said:
How is Atlantic Dance, anyway? What is it, exactly? SO and I are staying at the Boardwalk villas, so we'll be able to stay out late.

Atlantic Dance is a Video night club.. they are playing the video of the songs on a huge projections screen.... i have never been to Atlantic Dance where there are more than 100 people...... Well maybe one night, but I think a wedding party headed over to after party....

The interior is huge.. has 2 levels of which Ive never seen the top one open... Its a cool place to go have a drink and shake the groove thang if you dont care about being 1 of maybe 10 people on the dance floor....

Ive had dull nights there and others have been a blast... Id recommend a Friday or Saturday night... Usually the overflow from Jellyrolls ends up there after 11 or so

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This thread makes me sad. I am going to WDW in August and Ihave no one to party with. I want to go to Jellyrolls and AD. Thats what I get for going to WDW with a bunch of fuddy duddy adults...

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

tiggerific418 said:
This thread makes me sad. I am going to WDW in August and Ihave no one to party with. I want to go to Jellyrolls and AD. Thats what I get for going to WDW with a bunch of fuddy duddy adults...
Go by yourself!! I had a blast one night when I went to PI alone and ditched the bunch of fuddy duddy adults I was with (a.k.a. my parents) - I met up with a girl who was my age and we then joined another group of cool German guys... Well, perhaps not cool so much as really REALLY hot... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
tiggerific418 said:
When in August? I am there for a convention the third weekend in August and the family can't come this year. I'll need someone to hang with because I get in too much trouble when I go out by myself.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Mr.Pickles in his infinite wisdom, suggests partying the nite away until around 1am, then going to one of the resorts on the Boardwalk, and using their buses to Downtown Disney, then transfering to your resort for DTD. Mr.Pickles does not approve of this, but it is better than people doing stupid things like driving drunk.

Mr.Pickles loves Jellyrolls, he takes his job of balladeer seriously.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #11:

Mr.Pickles feels its his responsibility to pepper your unseasoned minds with knowledge and culture.:lol:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Master Yoda said:
When in August? I am there for a convention the third weekend in August and the family can't come this year. I'll need someone to hang with because I get in too much trouble when I go out by myself.:lookaroun
24th to 29th of August

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
lawyergirl77 said:
Go by yourself!! I had a blast one night when I went to PI alone and ditched the bunch of fuddy duddy adults I was with (a.k.a. my parents) - I met up with a girl who was my age and we then joined another group of cool German guys... Well, perhaps not cool so much as really REALLY hot... :lookaroun
I have contemplated going over by myself. I have spent days in WDW by myself but I have never partied by myself. Was the girl you met also alone?

*sorry to the OP for hikacking the thread...*

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

tiggerific418 said:
I have contemplated going over by myself. I have spent days in WDW by myself but I have never partied by myself. Was the girl you met also alone?

*sorry to the OP for hikacking the thread...*
Yup. We were both at the bar, and I said: "Did you ditch your family too?" She cracked up and said yes, and we started to chat. We still email each other from time to time too... :)

Sorry OP for the hijack!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom