Late Night Arrival - Worth Using DME?

largemarge

Original Poster
As someone who has never used DME I am curious how this will go. Our flight does not arrive until 11:30 PM (which means we probably won't even get our luggage from the carousel until midnight) and we are staying at POFQ.

My questions is, will we be arriving at the hotel at 2 AM and it is even worth trying to use the service? We have always used Uber X in the past since we were staying offsite, but it's just so dang expensive. We also won't be traveling with children so we would only have to worry about sleepy adults. :hungover: Thanks for any advice!

DisneyJoe

As someone who has never used DME I am curious how this will go. Our flight does not arrive until 11:30 PM (which means we probably won't even get our luggage from the carousel until midnight) and we are staying at POFQ.

My questions is, will we be arriving at the hotel at 2 AM and it is even worth trying to use the service? We have always used Uber X in the past since we were staying offsite, but it's just so dang expensive. We also won't be traveling with children so we would only have to worry about sleepy adults. :hungover: Thanks for any advice!
I doubt that you will arrive at the resort at 2 am, that would be the worst case scenario.

They know how many guests are coming in on flights and how long they will be waiting, at that hour they don't wait for a bus to be full, they depart when they feel that they have all scheduled guests.If I had to guess, I would put you at the resort between 12:45 am and 1:20 am

Mark P.

What are your plans the following morning? If I had an early breakfast ADR or was planning on taking advantage of EMH, I'd suck it up and pay the extra for an UberX which, at that time of night, is likely a 30-minute drive point-to-point with no possibility of a delayed departure or additional stops. If I was planning a lazy morning with no set plans, I might opt to save, take DME, and use that savings for an extra order (or three) of beignets in the morning.

largemarge

Original Poster
12:45 - 1:20 isn't too bad! As of now, our plans for the next day include a lunch reservation at Yak & Yeti at 12 and that's about it. Maybe hoping to get some FPs at Animal Kingdom during the late morning/afternoon hours but I guess we can plan around what we get (fingers crossed for FoP). It's a Thursday so hopefully no need to arrive too early! Epcot also has EMH that evening we are wanting to take advantage of, so I don't see us being too eager to get to the parks early and exert all of our energy by dinner.

Also, words cannot describe how excited I am about the Chicory Coffee Ganache dipping sauce for the beignets at the resort....... :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Thank you!

MickeyMomV

We have flown in late a couple of times and never had an issue with DME. And you would be surprised at how fast they can get the luggage over to the turn style.

dreamfinder

You would grab your own luggage, it is too late for them to get it for you. You might have an extra stop or two on the way. but it still shouldn't be more than 60-90 minutes door to door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom