Late Evening ADR Recommendation Not in a Park?

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm checking in the evening of Friday, April 21. I plan to arrive WDW sometime after 8:00 pm. (Maybe later depending on when I get to leave Tallahassee after work. I would like to leave no later than 4pm).

I have the Silver Pass and am blocked out on that Friday. (My pass re-opens on Saturday). I'm staying at All Star Music and have a tentative ADR at nearby Boma. Any recommendations for any restaurant not in a park? It doesn't necessarily have to be in the AK area.

belledream

I'd say yes to some Boma and a peaceful AKL evening! But I'd also make the 'trek' to MK area for some Kona Café and fireworks on the beach...

JohnD

Original Poster
I'd say yes to some Boma and a peaceful AKL evening! But I'd also make the 'trek' to MK area for some Kona Café and fireworks on the beach...

Thanks! It would be great if I could get to the MK area before 9:00 pm. It would be tight. I currently have a meeting at work that ends at 4pm. If I were to leave directly from work at 4pm, I would arrive WDW around 8:00 pm. I suspect I would leave later. I think it's best I remove seeing fireworks as a factor. Good thought, though.

belledream

Thanks! It would be great if I could get to the MK area before 9:00 pm. It would be tight. I currently have a meeting at work that ends at 4pm. If I were to leave directly from work at 4pm, I would arrive WDW around 8:00 pm. I suspect I would leave later. I think it's best I remove seeing fireworks as a factor. Good thought, though.
Ah, didn't really think about the time to be honest. In that case, in your shoes, I would definitely stick with your Boma plans. It's closeby, and also not as convenient to just hop over to as an MK/Epcot area restaurant would be on any given park day.

Time is :greedy:!

Schneewittchen

My favorite place for a grown up meal is Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Lovely charcuterie board for an appetizer. Salad greens. A filet or scallops for the entree. Berry cobbler for dessert. Enjoy it all with a nice bottle of wine from the Pacific Northwest....

Schneewittchen

Maybe you could aim for viewing the Electrical Water Pageant instead...

CaptainAmerica

My favorite place for a grown up meal is Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Lovely charcuterie board for an appetizer. Salad greens. A filet or scallops for the entree. Berry cobbler for dessert. Enjoy it all with a nice bottle of wine from the Pacific Northwest....
This. Unless they have pork belly on the menu, because that appetizer is insane.

But WL is literally as far as you can get from AKL. I wouldn't mess with that drive at that time of night.

JohnD

Original Poster
This. Unless they have pork belly on the menu, because that appetizer is insane.

But WL is literally as far as you can get from AKL. I wouldn't mess with that drive at that time of night.

Yeah. I hope to arrive between 8 and 9. Sunset is approx 8pm so it won't be completely dark until around 8:30. If I arrive later, I agree with you. Forget it. I'm entering via Western Way so I would more likely consider restaurants in that area. Any thoughts on Maya Grill?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

That's what makes anything at the Poly a cinch. Right through the lobby out the back, fireworks and they pipe in the music. Water parent from the dock outside Trader Sam's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom