Late dinner - BOG reservation on 10/24

caseybrn

Original Poster
I have a late dinner reservation (9pm) at BOG for this Monday....

I'm really looking forward to it as I've never been in belle's castle..

Anyone have any tips in terms of asking (if possible, for ballroom, the library one or west wing)...does the great theming of BOG decrease due to the time of the reservation...the Beast is still there, right?

Finally the least concerning...as this is a reservation for the theming/location - any recommendations for the food....I always go for steak, and I've read some good reviews on it, depending of course on cook, various, etc.

carriebeth

library is not open at dinner. Just ballroom and west wing. West wing is really small and not many tables at all. So at dinner the vast majority end up seated in the ballroom. If you really want the west wing you may have to wait quite a while for a spot to open, and depending how many in your party you may have to wait for 2 sets of dinners to complete there meal because a lot of the tables were real small.

Beast should be there.

At our visit we had a sizable party and tried a lot of the entrees because of it. My husband said he steak was "fine". He doesn't really like the strip steak cut offered by Disney restaurants...but that said he found this to be one of the tastier ones. Overall we found the dinner food here to be a little disappointing. I realize we may be in the minority here, however, as I usually hear good reviews over it. Not that anything was bad or untasty, it really wasn't, but to me it also wasn't good enough to be memorable. As a matter of fact a week and a half or two weeks after our trip my daughter and I were reminiscing over our trip and I could not remember what I ate at Be Our Guest. I could remember every other meal but that one. After looking at the menu again I could remember it was the fish of the day (salmon) and although, like I said, it was fine, It wasn't anything special and I couldn't even remember it a short time later. After our meal most of my family felt the same...it was decent but no one was really in love with what they had.

As far as desserts go, I personally love the chocolate cream puff. I liked it better than the cupcakes. ALthough the grey stuff itself was tasty, the "shell" it comes in for dinner was dry and tasteless. When I heard "shell" I figured it was a formed chocolate candy type shell and where I was sitting i could not see the cart well. I was not impressed by the dry cake like thing it was in actuality.

TARDIS

There is a room with a music box like spinning belle and beast but the library isn't a dinning room. Majority of the time you will be seated in he ballroom. However, the 2 times I requested the west wing they accommodated us. Food wise the steak is delicious! We get it most visits, but the pork is also very good and tender. The French onion soup and potato leek soup appetizers are what I look forward to the most oddly enough. And desert you just can't go wrong with any choice. Have fun!!

caseybrn

Original Poster
Although I read these after the fact - thanks for tips.....I found the food awesome - on 10/24 the strip steak was excellent!...

My niece wanted West Wing ~ but the wait for such was only 25 minutes.....An overall wonderful experience....

I'm wondering after one Disney trip, "when" you're allowed to start asking others about planning for the next

BigChris77

Although I read these after the fact - thanks for tips.....I found the food awesome - on 10/24 the strip steak was excellent!...

My niece wanted West Wing ~ but the wait for such was only 25 minutes.....An overall wonderful experience....

I'm wondering after one Disney trip, "when" you're allowed to start asking others about planning for the next

I'd leave it a good half hour...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom