Last Minutes Questions/Reassurances!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hi there folks!! It is officially 10 Days until we board the Magic :happy:

Just have a few last minute queries that i either dont know or just cant remember! :rolleyes:

1) Where do i go to check up on our dining rotation/dining room server upon boarding?

2) Where/When do i ask about upgrading my room if any upgrades are available? Ive seen new GTY rates for verandah rooms which makes me think i may get lucky :p

3) What (in your opinion) is a must try at Palo Brunch?? (I cannot wait for this :))

4) Where should i enquire about the daily specials that they offer from the spa?

5) Does diversions still put out the wings and hot dogs etc. in the afternoon?

6) Does the restaurant serving breakfast change daily or do all open? I remember having breakfast at Parrot Cay and Luimears on different days!

7) Does Parrot Cay still serve lunch?

I think thats it, if i think of something else ill add it on :D

Thanks folks :cool:

ChuckElias

Woo-hoo!! So excited for you!! :joyfull: (And jealous :arghh: )

1) Where do i go to check up on our dining rotation/dining room server upon boarding?
The last time I was on the Magic, it was Rockin' Bar D. It used to be in Studio Sea, but I would think that it's still in Rockin' Bar D. You can find out for sure at the check-in desk at the cruise terminal.

2) Where/When do i ask about upgrading my room if any upgrades are available? Ive seen new GTY rates for verandah rooms which makes me think i may get lucky :p
Ask when you first check in at the cruise terminal. If there is availability, your check-in Cast Member will direct you to a separate window or station where they will tell you what upgrades are available.

3) What (in your opinion) is a must try at Palo Brunch?? (I cannot wait for this :))
The good news is that you can try everything that appeals to you. But if you need one thing to try, I'd go with the grape/gorgonzola flatbread. It's really, really good but it's also very unusual offering. Palo's chicken parm is amazing, but you can get very good chicken parm in a lot of places. You will have a hard time finding the grape/gorgonzola flatbread outside of Palo. (Although I found something very similar in the Grand California Resort at Disneyland. But it was a brie cheese, instead of the gorgonzola. Not as good.)

4) Where should i enquire about the daily specials that they offer from the spa?
At the spa. Or call them. They probably have a list at the Guest Services desk, but they'll definitely have the list at the spa.

My recent experience has been that it's more in the evening. I can't remember the last time I saw them in the afternoon.

6) Does the restaurant serving breakfast change daily or do all open? I remember having breakfast at Parrot Cay and Luimears on different days!
I think that Lumiere's always has the sit-down menu and Parrot Cay (and Topsider) always has the buffet.

I honestly can't remember. :( Sorry!

Disneyfalcon

10 days!! Woo hoo

Just have a few last minute queries that i either dont know or just cant remember! :rolleyes:

I think thats it, if i think of something else ill add it on :D

Thanks folks :cool:

10 days!! Woo hoo!
Chuck got most of them, but just to chime in -
1. Rockin Bar D
2. Supervisors Desk right after you check in.
3. Um. Everything.
4. Spa
5. I saw them at night too!
6. It can change, but Lumieres and Parrot Cay are pretty standard.
7. Yes

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick responses guys!!

Woo-hoo!! So excited for you!! :joyfull: (And jealous :arghh: )

The last time I was on the Magic, it was Rockin' Bar D. It used to be in Studio Sea, but I would think that it's still in Rockin' Bar D. You can find out for sure at the check-in desk at the cruise terminal.

Ask when you first check in at the cruise terminal. If there is availability, your check-in Cast Member will direct you to a separate window or station where they will tell you what upgrades are available.

The good news is that you can try everything that appeals to you. But if you need one thing to try, I'd go with the grape/gorgonzola flatbread. It's really, really good but it's also very unusual offering. Palo's chicken parm is amazing, but you can get very good chicken parm in a lot of places. You will have a hard time finding the grape/gorgonzola flatbread outside of Palo. (Although I found something very similar in the Grand California Resort at Disneyland. But it was a brie cheese, instead of the gorgonzola. Not as good.)

At the spa. Or call them. They probably have a list at the Guest Services desk, but they'll definitely have the list at the spa.

My recent experience has been that it's more in the evening. I can't remember the last time I saw them in the afternoon.

I think that Lumiere's always has the sit-down menu and Parrot Cay (and Topsider) always has the buffet.

I honestly can't remember. :( Sorry!

Yep spot on Chuck that pizza is top of the list but after that it gets hard to choose, the chicken parm looks awesome and its not a dish you see over here, and all the egg looks so good (i love eggs benedict and te florentine looks superb) at this rate ill be too full from the made to order menu to enjoy the buffet :jawdrop:

10 days!! Woo hoo

10 days!! Woo hoo!
Chuck got most of them, but just to chime in -
1. Rockin Bar D
2. Supervisors Desk right after you check in.
3. Um. Everything.
4. Spa
5. I saw them at night too!
6. It can change, but Lumieres and Parrot Cay are pretty standard.
7. Yes

Hey Tammy do you prefer the dinner or brunch at Palo?

And a quick one, how good are is the lunch at Parrot Cay??

Disneyfalcon

I love them both, but I'd give an edge to brunch. :)

I think it's great! Sometimes we go to Lumieres if we see something we want on the menu, but we go to Parrot Cay all the time.

ChuckElias

Thanks for the quick responses guys!!
No problem. I'm just psyched that I beat Tammy by an hour!!

the chicken parm looks awesome and its not a dish you see over here, and all the egg looks so good (i love eggs benedict and te florentine looks superb)
The chicken parm is indeed great. I've had it, and loved it. The last time we did brunch, I wanted to try something different, so I got the veal with prosciutto over grilled baby mushrooms. It was also good, but a little drier than I would've expected. It was probably not as good as the chicken parm (at least, my particular serving wasn't). My wife ordered the Eggs Sylvia, which is like Eggs Benedict, except with salmon instead of ham. She LOVED it.

I'm not Tammy, but I'm going to agree with her answer. I was not all that impressed with our last dinner at Palo on the Fantasy in April. It was good, but the entrees didn't excite me and I honestly can't even remember what I got without checking my trip report. . . .

Ok, I just checked the trip report. I had the grilled scallops over a bed of white beans and pancetta. Scallops were better in the main dining room on the previous night. I was unimpressed.

I personally prefer the sit-down meal in Lumiere's. But I'm the only one in my family who really cares. So we usually end up at Topsider (which is typically the same buffet as Parrot Cay). They're both good. It just depends on if there's something you like on the menu at Lumiere's and if you want to get up and down to fill your plate at the buffet.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
No problem. I'm just psyched that I beat Tammy by an hour!!

The chicken parm is indeed great. I've had it, and loved it. The last time we did brunch, I wanted to try something different, so I got the veal with prosciutto over grilled baby mushrooms. It was also good, but a little drier than I would've expected. It was probably not as good as the chicken parm (at least, my particular serving wasn't). My wife ordered the Eggs Sylvia, which is like Eggs Benedict, except with salmon instead of ham. She LOVED it.

I'm not Tammy, but I'm going to agree with her answer. I was not all that impressed with our last dinner at Palo on the Fantasy in April. It was good, but the entrees didn't excite me and I honestly can't even remember what I got without checking my trip report. . . .

Ok, I just checked the trip report. I had the grilled scallops over a bed of white beans and pancetta. Scallops were better in the main dining room on the previous night. I was unimpressed.

I personally prefer the sit-down meal in Lumiere's. But I'm the only one in my family who really cares. So we usually end up at Topsider (which is typically the same buffet as Parrot Cay). They're both good. It just depends on if there's something you like on the menu at Lumiere's and if you want to get up and down to fill your plate at the buffet.

Woah chicken parm better than veal??? Thats gotta be some awesome Chicken parm!!! See this is the problem, too much goodness haha

Thanks for all the tips chuck

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Do they still have the Nestle Hot Chocolate available at the drinks station on the top deck??

Cant get it here and we all love it :hungry:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We should hopefully board well before we sail away, which begs the question;

Where us your fave spot to be for the sail away??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom