Last minute trip advise....

I have the opportunity to go to DW in the beginning of November (not for Thanksgiving week). I have never planned a trip with only a months notice and I am feeling very out of my element. We have not been in a few years and I am afraid that being excited may be clouding my judgement for a successful trip. In-laws have DVC and from what I see on the website none of the resorts have the 5 days available that we are looking for. Flights appear to be going up everyday....dining may be booked....HELP! Has anyone planned a trip on such short notice? Is this possible, any advice would be appreciated.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have the opportunity to go to DW in the beginning of November (not for Thanksgiving week). I have never planned a trip with only a months notice and I am feeling very out of my element. We have not been in a few years and I am afraid that being excited may be clouding my judgement for a successful trip. In-laws have DVC and from what I see on the website none of the resorts have the 5 days available that we are looking for. Flights appear to be going up everyday....dining may be booked....HELP! Has anyone planned a trip on such short notice? Is this possible, any advice would be appreciated.
If you have a place to stay and a way to get there everything else then I wouldn't fret. Go with the flow and have fun.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I concur -- go and enjoy yourself. As long you're in a "go with the flow" frame of mind, all will be well. Look into alternative means of transportation (different airport or cheaper airline, take a train, drive yourself and design a fun road trip?) Find accommodations where you can (split stay, perhaps, if you can't get 5 days at the same DVC resort?), get what dining reservations are available (trying new places can be a lot of fun), make some FP+, and treat the whole thing as the spontaneous adventure it is.

Upvote 0

Crazydisneygirl

One of the best vacations I had were at the last moment. I have always planned 6 or 12 months in advance. I went with only 4 days notice last April and it was the best vacation ever. I went with someone who is just like me so we winged it. Get on line and get your fast passes so you dont spend too much time in line. Maybe a few ADR if that is your thing - you can always just do quick services. Then go with it. Enjoy the time and you might find this is the best vacation ever.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I decided on a Saturday that I needed to go to Disney (family member passed away week before) for some much needed magic, called and made a reservation for Tuesday. Didn't make any ADRs or FP+. Just went with the flow and ended up only riding one ride. But I explored my resort and others, walked through all 4 parks, just enjoying the parks and the people without the worry of getting on that popular ride, ate when and wherever suited me and did a lot of retail therapy. All by myself. Probably one of the best and most relaxing trips I've taken, in spite of the reason I needed to go to Disney.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
If you have away to get there and a roof over your head guaranteed,time off, and $ to do it then go. You can either adjust the times you normally eat and restaraunts you normally dine at or worst case do all quick service. I over plan but I've done short notice trips for MNSSHP and MVMCP trips and it all works out. Be flexible and just go with the flow.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

As long as you can get into the parks you can enjoy the trip. You may have missed out on pre-booking certain things but that doesnt mean you will have less than an enjoyable time. Be patient, be flexible and dont fret over it. I've gone on a short notice trip and although I didnt get into dining spots at the time I would have wanted, I found alternatives that I was happy with. Go with a frame of mind that you will enjoy it and make the best of times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom