Last Minute Changes for July Trip, please help!

Beckett

Hello Mouseketeers!:)

So...last minute (as always:oops:) but I was going to stay from July 6 to July 18 in an offsite hotel with a rental car....but have now decided instead to change my trip from July 6 to July 16 since this would give me the opportunity to stay at a Disney Hotel for the very first time! (I found a great offer). Also, I hate driving....Now, I do understand this is 6 days to plan , but any help will be greatly thanked! I have a couple questions:

1. If I book a Disney hotel this late and through a website that is not Disney.com, will I get magic bands? Will I get extra magic hours? Will I get the whole experience or will I miss out on something?

2. What amount of money for food or souvenirs would you recommend for 11 days an 10 nights?

3. What should I absolutely pack?

4. Do you guys think I can still use the Disney bus from the airport?

5. I want to do one day at universal and was wondering what is the best shuttle service...

6. Any help is great!

Thank you! :inlove:

Beckett

Original Poster
Oh, and a friend mentioned that the reason I found that great price is because that hotel is being renovated...it is the All Stars Sports....is this true?

Upvote 0

bee

First of all, CONGRATS on your upcoming trip! You will have so much fun! I can't answer everything from experience but I'll answer what I can.
1. You should be able to have (generic grey) Magic Bands waiting at the resort at check-in. You will still get EMH. The only things you might miss will be customizing the Magic Bands, making hard-to-get dining reservations, and having INTENSE ANTICIPATION for many days.
2. This can vary WIDELY. I'd recommend looking up menus of the places you want to eat (and in the case of TS, where you can get reservations) and making a budget based on that. Don't forget to factor in snacks, coffee, alcohol if you drink it, taxes, and tips. I'm not a big souvenir person so I can't really speak for that.
3. A change of shoes so the ones from the day before can air out. Things that will aid your personal comfort. If you want a poncho for the inevitable Florida afternoon rainstorms bring it. If not, don't pack extra things.
4. Yes! On our last trip we made a resort reservation at the Orlando airport (got stuck there because of canceled flights) and we just went downstairs to the DME area and they gave us a voucher and let us on. You can reserve it online or call in advance.
5. Not sure, sorry.
6. Is this your first time? If so read up on the attractions you want to see so you make sure not to miss anything important to you. Do you have tickets already? If you have tickets and a My Disney Experience account you can make FastPass+ selections in advance. Also, look for last-minute reservations at popular places like Be Our Guest (if that's what you want) since people will be canceling to avoid the no-show fee.

Upvote 0

catmom46

Dreams Unlimited offers a ticket package with round trip transfers which comes out to be $20/person more than the Universal ticket, and cheaper than booking directly with Mears.

Upvote 0

UnhealthilyObsessed

What they said. Also:

5. Uber might be a good choice instead of a shuttle service. From what I hear, it is very affordable and reliable in the Orlando area. We are doing the reverse this September (staying at Universal but having dinner one night at WDW) and we plan to Uber there and back.

I don't see All-Star Sports listed on the resort refurb list.

Have the most fun time ever!!! Congrats on staying on-site!!!

Upvote 0

Mukta

Hello Mouseketeers!:)

So...last minute (as always:oops:) but I was going to stay from July 6 to July 18 in an offsite hotel with a rental car....but have now decided instead to change my trip from July 6 to July 16 since this would give me the opportunity to stay at a Disney Hotel for the very first time! (I found a great offer). Also, I hate driving....Now, I do understand this is 6 days to plan , but any help will be greatly thanked! I have a couple questions:

1. If I book a Disney hotel this late and through a website that is not Disney.com, will I get magic bands? Will I get extra magic hours? Will I get the whole experience or will I miss out on something?

2. What amount of money for food or souvenirs would you recommend for 11 days an 10 nights?

5. I want to do one day at universal and was wondering what is the best shuttle service...

6. Any help is great!

Thank you! :inlove:
1. Yes, you get bands, EMH and every other benefit to staying on site.
2. I can't say as everyone has a different budget. I would think at least $50 a day
3. I use the packing list from mousesavers as a guide and delete the things that don't apply to me. http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...s/time-is-money-at-walt-disney-world/#packing

4. Yes, you can use DME. Call them now to reserve. (866) 599-0951
5. Mears, Taxi or Uber are all good choices.

Now that your questions are covered, I'll show you some photos of your hotel to get you excited.

IMG_4865_zpsc9baf81b.jpg

IMG_6116_zpsc9589425.jpg

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
You will get standard Grey Magic Bands. You will get magic hours and you will be able to experience everything. It will just be a bit harder to get reservations or fastpasses for restaurants and rides.

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. I mean when I went with my girlfriend, I think we spent $1500 or more. That included buying every single meal. Everyday we had a different reservation for a restaurant where meals were $30+. Also we spent a lot eating and drinking at Food & Wine Festival. So it all depends on you ha

You know what helped out a lot, Wet Ones and Tide Stain remover. Came in handy more often than I thought.

Yes, when you book a stay at Disney resort, you get bus service.

I think Uber will be the easier option. From what I've read, its usually $20 each way but I dont know from experience

6. Any help is great!
Book fastpasses in the afternoon, lines are always shorter in the morning.

Upvote 0

SAV

1. has been answered

2. I agree with b33b33 that you need to look at the different places to get an idea of what you want to eat and budget that way. Souvenirs, only you can answer that. We typically just get an ornament and a magnet and the kids get a little something. Others on this site go crazy and spend hundreds of dollars on stuff. Definitely personal choice.

3. What should I absolutely pack? Clothes. Sandals/shoes. It will rain every day, so either buy Poncho's off site or at WDW. I took the plunge and bought the better quality ones and wish I had done it sooner. Much better than the dollar store throw away ones.

4. Yep.

5. Can't help you with this one.

6. Don't be surprised that you can't get FP+'s for the 7DMT and Elsa & Anna. You can luck into them, but not very likely. Definitely get your FP+'s scheduled right away. There will be availability for most things, but the times may not fit into exactly what you want. Be flexible. WDW is HUGE. It will take time to get where you want to go, so plan for it. Plan to be early for everything, so you aren't late. It can be overwhelming. And the best bit of advice is to go to your local library and get the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" and read it. Take notes if you have to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom