Land Sale November 18

BrerJon

I think what will delay anything happening here is the infrastructure changes. Even if they only use buses to connect the resorts, I'm sure there will be some form of public road changes needed. And if something even bigger is on the cards, local planning permission and consultation could take years. Look at how long Disney Springs has taken, and that's just for a mall and a couple of parking garages.

I've no doubt they have plans, but doubt we'll see any construction begin for a couple of years at least, while all the paperwork is signed and sealed to make it a reality. At this point 2024 is probably a realistic timeframe for what is effectively not just a fourth gate but a second whole resort.

StageFrenzy

I think what will delay anything happening here is the infrastructure changes. Even if they only use buses to connect the resorts, I'm sure there will be some form of public road changes needed. And if something even bigger is on the cards, local planning permission and consultation could take years. Look at how long Disney Springs has taken, and that's just for a mall and a couple of parking garages.

I've no doubt they have plans, but doubt we'll see any construction begin for a couple of years at least, while all the paperwork is signed and sealed to make it a reality. At this point 2024 is probably a realistic timeframe for what is effectively not just a fourth gate but a second whole resort.
A couple of key words that universal should repeat ad nauseum is economic development, expand, tourism and jobs.

s8film40

A couple of key words that universal should repeat ad nauseum is economic development, expand, tourism and jobs.
They definitely should, however they don't even need to. Everyone knows that a new park is a huge impact, for the most part whatever changes they need should be a pretty easy approval really a formality more than anything.

BubbaQuest

Am I reading this article correctly that it is official there will be a rail service from the Orlando airport to the Convention Center or is this still just speculation?

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/new-...k-addresses-transportation-concerns/318586973

I thought there was a recent post about Uni's submitted zoning for the new land and it included a dotted line connection from the Convention Center to the new Uni land.

Trying to figure out if this officially means there will be a direct transportation connection between the airport and the new lot. Sounds like a major win for Universal if it happens.

JT3000

Am I reading this article correctly that it is official there will be a rail service from the Orlando airport to the Convention Center or is this still just speculation?

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/new-...k-addresses-transportation-concerns/318586973

I thought there was a recent post about Uni's submitted zoning for the new land and it included a dotted line connection from the Convention Center to the new Uni land.

Trying to figure out if this officially means there will be a direct transportation connection between the airport and the new lot. Sounds like a major win for Universal if it happens.

They are proposing rail service, and the airport is being expanded to allow for it. It doesn't actually exist yet, and I guarantee the state isn't going to pay for it.

JassiSidhu2000

That's been discussed for decades. Will never happen. The governing of Orlando are always reluctant to spend any money on any form of instructure.

JT3000

Yeah, also keep a bunch of beaurachts in high earning jobs. Orlando infrustructure is one of the worst in America. All that tourist dollar and no proper transport system, no metro, no train, nothing.

We do have SunRail, but it only uses the conventional train route. If we ever want any form of light rail, or god forbid, high speed rail, it will have to be paid for by private entities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom