Land and Sea

montyz81

Original Poster
Is this still offered as a package? My family wants to cruise for 4 or so days and then go to the parks for 4 or so days. I thought there was a package offered on DisneyParks website, but I can't seem to find it.

ChuckElias

No, there's no longer a package vacation. It's easy to arrange, but the two pieces have to be booked separately by your travel agent. I do this a lot for my clients.

Ralphlaw

As I've said in prior posts, I would suggest booking the land part of it before the cruise part of it. Disney can be very slow at getting people to the parks after disembarking from the ship. We were recently on the Fantasy, up at 6 am., at breakfast before 7, and through customs and baggage by 7:30. We then sat in the terminal parking lot for more than an hour before the coach finally set out for the parks. Why a faster system to get us back to the parks isn't in place is beyond me.

For a company that prides itself on putting the guest first, they sure know how to roust us out of bed before dawn and then cage us up in a parking lot for an hour. I thought "Hurry up and wait" was a pejorative term applied to the Army and DMV, not the greatest entertainment and hospitality company the world has ever known.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
They stopped doing this a while ago. I never booked them together even when you could since you couldn't apply a discount to the land portion if one came out if they were tied together.
I agree with @Ralphlaw with how long it takes for them to transport you when you disembark. If I plan to go to the parks after, I either have a vehicle or I hire a town car service to take me. I have no patience lol

Pam

Ralphlaw

I agree with @Ralphlaw with how long it takes for them to transport you when you disembark. If I plan to go to the parks after, I either have a vehicle or I hire a town car service to take me. I have no patience lol

Pam

Diabolical. A whole line of busses with angry and tired people in a parking lot for more than an hour. How can that possibly be considered an acceptable business practice for the 3+ disembarkations that DCL has every week at Port Canaveral? That's more than 500 people per week getting systematically angry at Disney's unwillingness to get the buses moving. Instead of one bus per three resorts, why not 2 buses per 6 or 7 resorts? An early bus and a later bus. Yeah, some people might get annoyed if they're the last stop or two, but most people would vastly prefer being on the road within a reasonable time after rousting our carcasses out of bed. The average time from wake up to WDW resort would be much faster, and the frustration of sitting idle would be minimized. Even the illusion of moving and arriving faster has its benefits. Again, diabolical. Get those busses moving.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The 1 and only time that I took the transfer from the port back to WDW we went to the airport first and I was seriously not happy. I don't have time for this lol

Pam

Ralphlaw

Next time, even if I'm early seating, I'm sleeping in. Get up at 7, go to breakfast, apologize to my waiters for being late, grab my bags, go through customs, and hit the bus after 8:30. Of course, the angry looks from the early risers on the bus won't be fun, but so be it.

Ralphlaw

Sounds like the bus system idiocy is striking an angry chord. Hopefully DCL is hearing our complaints. By the way, the survey afterward has no question about this. No wonder it's allowed to continue because that was by far the most annoying part of the whole trip for us. What a great final memory. DCL bends over backyards to make the guest experience top notch, and then they plop us down in a parking lot for more than an hour to breathe in diesel fuel. Sounds like a real good reason not to book again, or at least not to go the parks to spend a few hundred/thousand dollars afterward. People who are willing to pay a premium don't appreciate being treated like cattle. It reminds me of our one and only Norwegian Cruise experience. Once those tip envelopes were handed out, it was cattle time. Congratulations Disney. Your buses just convinced me to not spend more money next time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom