La Nouba By Cirque Du Soleil Celebrates Its 5 Millionth Guest

napnet

Original Poster
La Nouba, the spectacular Cirque du Soleil production exclusively presented at Walt Disney World Resort, is about to reach the important milestone of having hosted 5 million guests. Attaining such an amazing number of spectators would not have been possible without the loyalty of the residents of Florida who have attended La Nouba since its opening in December 1998. This is why Cirque du Soleil has decided to thank its local fans with two remarkable events.

First, from July 20 to Sept. 30, Florida residents can enjoy the daring acts, live music and dazzling choreography of La Nouba for 20 percent off the regular price on select seats.

Second, to celebrate its 5-million-guest milestone, the cast and crew of La Nouba will select one of the Florida residents attending the 6 p.m. performance on Thursday, Aug. 10, to be its honorary 5 millionth guest. This person will enjoy an amazing and one-of-a-kind experience, which includes a personal on-stage recognition by the cast, interaction with select La Nouba characters during the show, unique La Nouba memorabilia gifts, and an exclusive backstage meet-and-greet with the artists.[/i]

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060710/flm024.html?.v=25

kcnole

What's its normal price? Isn't it something like 65 dollars or something? That's more expensive than a trip to one of the parks. I just have a hard time shelling out that kind of cash to go see it.

napnet

Original Poster
kcnole said:
What's its normal price? Isn't it something like 65 dollars or something? That's more expensive than a trip to one of the parks. I just have a hard time shelling out that kind of cash to go see it.

Agreed... I am waiting till the wifes Birthday or something else like that to dump that kind of cash. Price ranges from $101.18 to $52.19. For both of us to go is the same as 1 Seasonal AP... maybe for our 5 year anniversary ;)

kcnole said:

well... now you can get a discount!:D

gatordoc

Well, I'll probably get flamed, but neither my wife nor I were particularly impressed with La Nouba, and actually found some of it to be kinda creepy. I suppose it's one of those things we just don't get, but part of what's great about WDW is that there's so much variety - something for everyone :)

napnet

Original Poster
gatordoc said:
Well, I'll probably get flamed, but neither my wife nor I were particularly impressed with La Nouba, and actually found some of it to be kinda creepy. I suppose it's one of those things we just don't get, but part of what's great about WDW is that there's so much variety - something for everyone :)

It's prolly because your a Gator ;)

scotth1224

Sorry to disagree.......But I have seen 6 Cirque shows......and KA ROCKS!!!!!
IMO...The best show....I would rate La Nouba near the bottom.....But hey to each his own....Its at Disney and as far as I am concerned.....Anything at Disney even if it is crap.....Is better than crap in the "Real" world! :rolleyes:

Scooter

I'm also not a big fan of the cirque shows.
While I enjoyed it from an artsy fartsy standpoint, the show itself did not "Wow" me like I thought it would.
I guess because I went to Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey circus...a REAL circus...and the stunts they do are in my opinion far more spactacular.
I did, however, enjoy the trampoline part of La Nouba.
That one bald headed skinny guy with the spindley arms and legs that jumps through the windows kind of wierds me out though.:eek: :lol:
It's an OK show but is way too pricey for the value IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom