image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Magenta Panther

Finally got a chance to check out the new skull-themed construction walls. They jut out pretty far, but the area does look a little cleaner with them in place.

Here's a few pics:

P1020674-1024x768.jpg

P1020680_small.jpg

P1020739-1024x768.jpg

P1020712-1024x768.jpg

P1020726-1024x768.jpg

P1020742-1024x768.jpg

I posted lots of more pics on my blog. I'm new to the forums here. I usually post mainly at Orlando United but I've been lurking here and decided to post today.

Cool!!!!!!

AliciaStella

Visited today and came back with some shots of the facade work. The long face looks really cool in person and the color of the left-side really pops! Loving the blue hue and dark aspects of the rockwork. Some pics are below and more can be seen here!

P1030113-1024x768.jpg

P1030211-1024x768.jpg

P1030118-1024x768.jpg

P1030193-1024x768.jpg

P1030172-1024x768.jpg

P1030131-1024x768.jpg

P1030133-768x1024.jpg

P1030170-768x1024.jpg

I love the way the bricks get bigger as they get closer to the ground to create a forced perspective effect. See the image below to see what I mean.

P1030122-768x1024.jpg

P1030140.jpg

P1030139-1024x768.jpg

P1030136-1024x768.jpg

That's all for now. Lots more pics from today on my blog as well. Getting so excited for this to be announced already! Cannot wait.

Mike S

Original Poster
Visited today and came back with some shots of the facade work. The long face looks really cool in person and the color of the left-side really pops! Loving the blue hue and dark aspects of the rockwork. Some pics are below and more can be seen here!

P1030113-1024x768.jpg

P1030211-1024x768.jpg

P1030118-1024x768.jpg

P1030193-1024x768.jpg

P1030172-1024x768.jpg

P1030131-1024x768.jpg

P1030133-768x1024.jpg

P1030170-768x1024.jpg

I love the way the bricks get bigger as they get closer to the ground to create a forced perspective effect. See the image below to see what I mean.

P1030122-768x1024.jpg

P1030140.jpg

P1030139-1024x768.jpg

P1030136-1024x768.jpg

That's all for now. Lots more pics from today on my blog as well. Getting so excited for this to be announced already! Cannot wait.
I'll be there next month. It's hard to believe the last time I saw it was before any rockwork was done, and now look at it. I hope something is done about the side of the show building facing Toon Lagoon. It's probably way too early to complain about that though. We still have until next Summer.

AliciaStella

I'll be there next month. It's hard to believe the last time I saw it was before any rockwork was done, and now look at it. I hope something is done about the side of the show building facing Toon Lagoon. It's probably way too early to complain about that though. We still have until next Summer.
There's a road there that can't be blocked, but from what I've heard they'll be placing a lot of trees and plants around the corner of the building and in the foreground so shouldn't be too bad.

Disneyhead'71

Yeah, but Universal is kinda famous for breaking theme around the edges. So, we will see.

JediMasterMatt

Yeah, but Universal is kinda famous for breaking theme around the edges. So, we will see.

Well, at the rate Universal is building - who's to say that those rough edges won't eventually be masked by another attraction being squeezed in?

The right side of London at Diagon Alley will most certainly look different and less unfinished in a few years time.

Meanwhile at MK... I heard they installed a new fake blade of grass in the last month. Better get pictures of all the Magical progress.

Mike S

Original Poster
I'm excited for Kong, but it does not look like the true family attraction that Universal was touting.
To be fair Universal never touted anything. They've barely announced the ride except for a single sentence tossed out during an earnings call. All I've gotten from rumors about it being a "family attraction" is that it won't have a height limit. The content is a different story entirely. Some kids might be able to handle it, others won't. Like Jaws (R.I.P) or the original Kongfrontation (did that have a height limit?).

SJN1279

To be fair Universal never touted anything. They've barely announced the ride except for a single sentence tossed out during an earnings call. All I've gotten from rumors about it being a "family attraction" is that it won't have a height limit. The content is a different story entirely. Some kids might be able to handle it, others won't. Like Jaws (R.I.P) or the original Kongfrontation (did that have a height limit?).

You're right I should change it to the family ride that certain Universal insiders were touting.

mahnamahna101

You're right I should change it to the family ride that certain Universal insiders were touting.
Based on insider info, it's a family ride in that infants, preschoolers, toddlers and the elderly can handle the ride system.

POTC, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, Jungle Cruise, JAWS... basically rides that may not necessarily have kid appeal, but little kids can ride.

I expect Kong to be similar to those (only much more intense due to modern SFX)

SJN1279

Based on insider info, it's a family ride in that infants, preschoolers, toddlers and the elderly can handle the ride system.

POTC, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, Jungle Cruise, JAWS... basically rides that may not necessarily have kid appeal, but little kids can ride.

I expect Kong to be similar to those (only much more intense due to modern SFX)

I loved Kong 360, so I will be there summer 2016. With Frozen and Kong coming, 2016 looks like a good year for new attractions in Orlando.

mahnamahna101

I loved Kong 360, so I will be there summer 2016. With Frozen and Kong coming, 2016 looks like a good year for new attractions in Orlando.
Half of that sounds good ;)

Personally, a microbudget revamp of Maelstrom doesn't entice me. I would have much rather Disney use one of the empty World Showcase expansion pads for an Arendale mini-land with a Frozen E-ticket, Olaf flat ride, maybe some historical info on other arctic regions (Scandinavia, Greenland, Antarctica, etc).

Universal's rumored slate is looking mighty fine for the next 5 years.
  1. Kong E-ticket
  2. Mystery coaster (fast-tracked for late 2016, according to OU insiders)
  3. M&G/show experience for Jurassic Park
  4. Fast and Furious - Supercharged (expanded version of what Uni Hollywood is getting)
  5. Jimmy Fallon-themed flight simulator to replace Twister
  6. A couple family attractions to replace current KidZone (SpongeBob and TMNT?)
That sounds a lot better than Frozen and Pandora to me. Of course, I won't pass a final judgment on either until I've experienced both :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom