Kona Cafe

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Its Yummy... :slurp: And has THE BEST cup of coffee on property... IMHO! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :sohappy:

We have a ps there for lunch on 4/6. Just my dh and I. We are sending the 3 ds to captain cooks. I like the mango flavored ice tea and the barbeque pork sandwhich or the hawaiian chicken sandwhich. Its nice and quite and a good escape from the busy parks, just a monorial ride away from the mk. You can even check out the poly while you are there. Even if you didnt have a ps, I doubt you would have to wait too long. I think we went once without once and waited about 15-20 min.

tigsmom

We didn't have PS any of the times we went and never had to wait more than 10 minutes (that was in August 2002).

AKQJ10

Two words...

TONGA TOAST

It's a must, along with a great cup of coffee before you make your way to the MK!!!

:D :sohappy: :D

Coree

We eat there for breakfast on almost every trip. Love the tonga toast and also love the eggs benedict there. On our last trip we ate dinner there for the first time. It was also excellent.

Scooter

My wife and I liked our breakfast at The Kona Cafe.

As a matter of fact, we liked it SO much that on our next trip in May we will be staying for a week at the Polynesian Resort so that we can eat there more often.

and yes...the coffee really is THAT good. :slurp:

bonofuzz

Are you able to see the fireworks from Kona Cafe? While most people enjoy the breakfast here, what about the dinners? Any good?

Moustronaut

bonofuzz said:
Are you able to see the fireworks from Kona Cafe? While most people enjoy the breakfast here, what about the dinners? Any good?
Nope, Kona is interior to the Great Ceramonial House at Polynesean and does not have any windows looking out towards the castle side. You can leave the restaurant to go look out the windows on the other side of the restaurant.

The dinners there are really good. We ate there before the Halloween Party last year. Food is very tastey with good service. Dine with confidence.

bonofuzz

Darn, we made our dinner PS for 8:50 (right before fireworks in Sept.), so I doubt they would let us get up to watch the fireworks as soon as they seat us. Oh well, thanks for the comments! Maybe we can just order some of the breakfast items through room service. :slurp:

HoW

AKQJ10 said:
Two words...

TONGA TOAST

It's a must, along with a great cup of coffee before you make your way to the MK!!!

:D :sohappy: :D

Tonga Toast is the one thing I make sure I eat on every trip!! There is nothing else like it! :slurp:

Mr.EPCOT

I love the Kona Cafe's food! And what a beautiful, bright restaurant, too. Tonga Toast is, quite possibly, the best breakfast food ever. Still, I can't help but miss the quaint, calm, quiet Coral Isle Cafe that it replaced.

ctwhalerman

I love Kona, I remember going there late at night one year, when everything else was closed. Is it still open late at nights, because it was nice and quiet and a perfect place for insomniacs to get some food and coffee.

Foolish Mortal

Love it !! Tried it on a whim last year. Liked it so much I went back later that trip. Both dinners. Will be going back my next trip in October and then my day after Thanksgiving day trip. And I agree about the cofee, probably the best on property. So if your looking for a break from the usual Nescafe crap head over and just go to the walk up counter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom