Kona Café or The Wave

Which is the best option between the following choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belledream

I have booked Kona - but didn't cancel my Coral Reef reservation yet. Still on the fence on what to do. We had booked both restaurant on our honeymoon in 2011, and cancelled both during the trip.
Food: Kona Café, but we have also always enjoyed Coral Reef Food.
Ambience: Coral Reef, but Kona Café paves the way for a lovely evening at Polynesian.

In the end, you can't go wrong. I'd go with what fits your schedule best, and what your palate desires. They are different cuisines after all!

danyoung56

The Coral Reef has been a little hit or miss the past few years on food. Lately, though, they've really gotten their act together. I've had some terrific meals there in the last year or so. And sitting down right by the glass - totally cool!

Minnesota disney fan

The Coral Reef has been a little hit or miss the past few years on food. Lately, though, they've really gotten their act together. I've had some terrific meals there in the last year or so. And sitting down right by the glass - totally cool!

Just curious, did they handle the high noise level/acoustics in Coral Reef? When we went many years ago it was so deafening loud that you couldn't hear yourself think. Was not pleasant. Just wondering? Thanks

danyoung56

I've never noticed excessive noise there. Course, I'm kinda zoned out while watching the fish and sipping some tasty wine. But unless there's a family with rowdy kids at the next table, I've never found noise to be a problem at the Coral Reef.

Minnesota disney fan

I've never noticed excessive noise there. Course, I'm kinda zoned out while watching the fish and sipping some tasty wine. But unless there's a family with rowdy kids at the next table, I've never found noise to be a problem at the Coral Reef.
That's great to hear. It was a long time ago and it had just been turned into dining plan. It used to be a romantic, adult like setting which was quiet with good food. Then it was so noisy that it was offensive. The acoustics in that area were not set up for the dining plan influx, but Disney must have fixed this, b ecause there is no way you wouldn't have noticed it if not. Nice to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom