KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay, here we go. Are you ready?

Do whatever you want in the order you want to do it.

Are your socks off?
Pretty much
Hogwarts Express both ways
Avoid QS in the parks

Seriously make a list of your must do attractions and if you're going on a busy day it may be worth it to get touring plans
If not a busy day just do your check list

yensid67

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! Definitely keep everything in mind.
Our Universal Day is up in the air as far as a decision/plan.
With Epic U opening 2025, we may want to go there OR
We have talked about Wild Florida Safari Park and Animal Encounters(Sloth, Lemurs, Porcupines, etc) with Lunch included!?

SplashJacket

If you can handle intense coasters, VelociCoaster is a must do.

If you can handle coasters, Hagrids is a must do.

Forbidden Journey is a must do, but if you get motion sick, do it towards the end of the day.

If you don’t mind getting wet. Do the three water rides back to back to back if it’s a hot day (Popeyes, Dudley, and Jurassic Park).

Do Spider-Man.

In Universal Studios, do Gringotts and the Bourne show and take the train to the other park. I don’t really think it’s necessary to go both ways.

Nothing else in Universal Studios Park is really essential. If there’s a particular property you like (like transformers), do that, but otherwise it’s skippable. If you like Simpsons or Fast and Furious, skip them regardless.

Spend most of your day at Islands of Adventure.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
First Time at USF/IOA WITH 1 DAY PARK-TO-PARK...ONOCK MY SOCKS OFF WITH A PLAN FOR THE DAY!
Spend 80% of your day at Islands. If you want a good quick meal eat at Green Eggs and Ham. For a sit-down, Mythos is phenomenal. Watch out for rain though, it shuts down Islands big time.

VeliciCoaster, Hagrid's, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, and Gringotts are the must-do's.

JoeCamel

We have talked about Wild Florida Safari Park and Animal Encounters(Sloth, Lemurs, Porcupines, etc) with Lunch included!?
Had a ball at Wild Florida, airboat ride is best and animal shows can be had unless you want the add on of handling them and are included in the gate price. Food is sub par so eat before or after and snack there.

erstwo

First Time at USF/IOA WITH 1 DAY PARK-TO-PARK...ONOCK MY SOCKS OFF WITH A PLAN FOR THE DAY!
Everyone else has really covered all the 'must do's'. Lots of great advice on here. If you can afford to add the Express Pass to your ticket (or if you stay at a Universal Hotel that qualifies you for the Express Pass) You'll have a good chance of doing everything you want (and more) in both parks.
If you have Express Pass, save Hagrids for the end of the day - get in line right before closing. I think it's better at night anyway. The only bad part of saving Hagrids for last is that you'll wish you had a chance to ride it again (and again and again.)

I have a "No Idea What I'm Doing' thread on here from last fall when I went for the first time - lots of folks on here gave me great advice in that thread as well.

Eric Graham

Sea World is pretty awesome with Discovery Cove. We saw a sloth when we got there in the morning. So very cool! They have an incredible Dolphin Experience there, and it is so wonderful with their awesome river with the amazing birds as you traverse down the river:

We've also done the Penguin encounter also there. They used to throw in a ticket to both Sea World/Discovery Cove, but I don't think they do anymore. I love animals:

At City Walk, we really enjoy going to Margaritaville, probably because I am a big fan of Jimmy Buffett's music.

Harry Potter world is a must. Always fun to drink butterbeer, and do a wand experience to relive your childhood!

Hope you have fun at USF. I knew someone who went there. My grandmother had a football scholarship to one of the colleges down there not sure if it was University of Florida, but that's a totally different story. Happy travels!

Last edited:

yensid67

Original Poster
Sea World is pretty awesome with Discovery Cove. We saw a sloth when we got there in the morning. So very cool! They have an incredible Dolphin Experience there, and it is so wonderful with their awesome river with the amazing birds as you traverse down the river:

We've also done the Penguin encounter also there. They used to throw in a ticket to both Sea World/Discovery Cove, but I don't think they do anymore. I love animals:

At City Walk, we really enjoy going to Margaritaville, probably because I am a big fan of Jimmy Buffett's music.

Harry Potter world is a must. Always fun to drink butterbeer, and do a wand experience to relive your childhood!

Hope you have fun at USF. I knew someone who went there. My grandmother had a football scholarship to one of the colleges down there not sure if it was University of Florida, but that's a totally different story. Happy travels!
They used to throw in a ticket to both Sea World/Discovery Cove, but I don't think they do anymore.
-If you go to undercovertourist.com, you can find tickets. You get a day at Discover Cove, then Sea World and Aquatica is included...just gotta find the ticket for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom