Kingdom Hearts in Disney Parks

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
So I havent heard anything about this or anything, but I think it would be awsome if Disney introduced something Kingdom Hearts related to the Disney Parks. A Dark ride, a coaster, a show, or even just a meet and greet with Sora, Riku,..... Does this sound like a good idea for anyone else?

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, There was......Sorta..They had Sora, Donald & Goofy out at Metropolis Science Center in Tommorowland During the 2004 Not So Scary Halloween Party. It was to promote Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for The Game Boy Advance...After that...Sora Dissapeared and Donald & Goofy Went back to there normal selves. Other than that no word about them being back in their KH outfits unless the new PSP & Nintendo DS Games are released Sora might be back..Only time will tell....But incase you want to know what they looked like...I've posted these pics a few times on here.
Sora & Donald
sora1.jpg

Goofy
sora3.jpg

This year tho I'm going as Sora from KH 2..I liked that outfit more than the 1st version...

fizzle75

I'm a gamer and I love the Kingdom Hearts games(although I haven't finished either one), but I think the appeal of these games is just waaay too limited for Disney to invest in a full blown attraction especially when they're already focusing on VMK and the new Pirates MMORPG.

edit- A meet and greet at Disneyquest would be cool though.

KeithVH

Yeah, there was a detailed thread on this a month or two previous. It's really just a niche game compared to things like Mario and such. The average park-goer (the large majority) would have no clue what a KH ride/event/show would be about.

kshark

Yeah, there was a detailed thread on this a month or two previous. It's really just a niche game compared to things like Mario and such. The average park-goer (the large majority) would have no clue what a KH ride/event/show would be about.

im gonna have to agree w you on that one..

hollywood<3

:cry: Bring Sora back! Pweeeeaaassssee!
As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, not too many people are familiar with it, so I don't see any full-scale attractions happening soon. Characters though can happen, and once kids meet Sora they'll probably want to know more about his story. We can only hope.

Thiger

best.photos.ever.

I'm hella jealous! I <3 kingdom hearts! THey should make some sort of 'spiderman'/ TSM 3d dark ride that has you racing around in a gummi ship to the various worlds.

How cool would it be to have a keyblade that acts like a wii controller where you could swing at bad guys and your goggles would show lightening/magic shoot at them?

plus the fun techno song too!
hahaha

Guardian

Is it just me or Donald is "one tall duck" there in that picture? I have never seen him that tall before. :eek:

Anyway, I have ALL the Kingdom Hearts games so far, including the FINAL MIXES from Japan. Apparently, they are so hard to get in mint condition because you can only play them with a Japanese version of the PS2. As for the next KH games coming up, there will be two of them for us North Americans (three for the Japanese).

Cmdr_Crimson

Is it just me or Donald is "one tall duck" there in that picture? I have never seen him that tall before. :eek:

Anyway, I have ALL the Kingdom Hearts games so far, including the FINAL MIXES from Japan. Apparently, they are so hard to get in mint condition because you can only play them with a Japanese version of the PS2. As for the next KH games coming up, there will be two of them for us North Americans (three for the Japanese).

I think it's because I'm bent over in the pictures I asked for them to do an attack pose with me...Although Dragonball Z/Disney/Kingdom Hearts will never work....yeeaaahh:lookaroun.

But yes those games should be out soon Kindom Hearts 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for PSP and Kingdom Hearts Coded for Mobile Phones..So here's hoping for another meet & greet and hopefully they'll have Mickey in his King Attire.

Oh! Here's the other image with Me & Sora..
sora2.jpg

Guardian

I think it's because I'm bent over in the pictures I asked for them to do an attack pose with me...Although Dragonball Z/Disney/Kingdom Hearts will never work....yeeaaahh:lookaroun.

But yes those games should be out soon Kindom Hearts 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for PSP and Kingdom Hearts Coded for Mobile Phones..So here's hoping for another meet & greet and hopefully they'll have Mickey in his King Attire.

Oh! Here's the other image with Me & Sora..
sora2.jpg

OK. I was wondering about that because I am not really tall myself.

Well, that will be what the Coded one will be apparently about: King Mickey. One has to wonder how long the KH franchise could last. Could it last as long as the Final Fantasy series? It could be a topic in its own right, but just imagine that you were in a future KH game to a degree.

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Thinking about it. I think the best thing for Kingdom Hearts is probably a 3D show or an attraction at Disney Quest. If they do a 3D show it should replace Hunny I Shrunk the Audience! :king:

terp79

so if you haven't taken time to look at Walt Disney Imagineering's Imaginations Contest web page you should. Why? Well last year a team, who made finals designed an attraction based on Kingdom Hearts, their attraction was called Kingdom Earth and was designed for Epcot. There's a lovely video of the team presenting their idea to a room full of imagineers with killer graphics and ride details. You should check it out. I personally would love to see an attraction based on the games, especially with all the new games coming out. I love kingdom hearts and the story lines and think it would be perfect for an attraction. Like many have said, they don't think that there's a big enough appeal for the property in the parks, I beg to differ. Especially now that Imagineers have heard the opinions and ideas of outsiders during last years imaginations contest presentations. . .and yes the attraction should have Simple and Clean (planetb remix) by Utada playing. I love that song!

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
so if you haven't taken time to look at Walt Disney Imagineering's Imaginations Contest web page you should. Why? Well last year a team, who made finals designed an attraction based on Kingdom Hearts, their attraction was called Kingdom Earth and was designed for Epcot. There's a lovely video of the team presenting their idea to a room full of imagineers with killer graphics and ride details. You should check it out. I personally would love to see an attraction based on the games, especially with all the new games coming out. I love kingdom hearts and the story lines and think it would be perfect for an attraction. Like many have said, they don't think that there's a big enough appeal for the property in the parks, I beg to differ. Especially now that Imagineers have heard the opinions and ideas of outsiders during last years imaginations contest presentations. . .and yes the attraction should have Simple and Clean (planetb remix) by Utada playing. I love that song!

Thanks! How do i find that webpage? Also, I completly agree that Simple and Clean should be in the attraction!

Cmdr_Crimson

I brought up a concept for a Kingdom Hearts Nighttime show Ala Fantasmic..And if you read through you can see how some people either knew about the game or never heard of it...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=205921

And here's that site that was mentioned. http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/imaginations/index.html

As for the Kingdom Earth video from the University of Miami.... I can't see Kingdom Hearts being a Symbiosis/Circle of Life thing...I want HP Power ups, The Darkness, King Mickey & Sephroth! Not be Eco-friendly...That's not what the game was about...Let's see what Squaresoft would say to that..

Kingdom WDW

Although I would love to see Kingdom Hearts, it's a great game but not that widely known. Not many people are familiar with it, but it is great.

I wouldn't like to see it, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom