"King-sized" people on Universal Orlando rides

KingStefan

Original Poster
KingStefan is a somewhat King-sized person, unfortunately, at least in girth if not so much in height!

Put me at around 69" 230lbs. Will I have trouble with any of the Universal Orlando rides? WDW is great about fitting my size people into their ride vehicles. What about UO?

BubbaQuest

I'm around 6' 220lbs (38" waist) and have not had problems on any of the rides. However, most of my height/weight is in my torso.

I have seen problems on Rip Ride Rocket with the lap bar closing around larger thighs. The lap bar goes from side-to-side as opposed to just being pulled down. With the contoured seats, this doesn't work for everyone.

Forbidden Journey is the tightest fit for me, mainly because my shoulders are already up against the top of the harness.

I've also seen people that appear to be about the same size as me have problems on the Dragon coasters if they don't use the big-boy rows. I think these are standard B&M harnesses. If you had success with them in the past you should be okay here.

With my skinny legs, I don't have problems pulling down the lap bars on the Mummy. I can just put my belly on top of the lapbar :) I could see how that might not work for everyone :)

Hopefully others will have more details. All the rides do have test seats outside the queue.

Last edited:

thomas998

KingStefan is a somewhat King-sized person, unfortunately, at least in girth if not so much in height!

Put me at around 69" 230lbs. Will I have trouble with any of the Universal Orlando rides? WDW is great about fitting my size people into their ride vehicles. What about UO?
Giving your weight wont get you as good of insight as providing your waist size. Too much variation in weight because the amount of muscle vs fat will give a wide range of stomach sizes which is what tends to be the issue with whether you'll fit a ride. As someone said they provide test seats for most rides, Forbidden Journey is the tightest ride I recall no just for stomach but also shoulder width and arm size. I got the thing across my stomach but my arms were kind of pinched the whole ride and shoulders had to be slightly turned... If you can ride that one the other rides will be okay so frankly go get on the test seat for that one first and if you fit don't worry about the others.

ratherbeinwdw

While I was waiting for my daughter to ride the Dueling Dragons, almost everyone who got in the test seats could not close it and walked away. It may be that only people who think they'll have a problem check. I saw guys who weren't that big, not fit. They seemed to carry all their weight in their stomachs.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
the only ride I've had an issue with is Rip it. the bar just wont close. The other rides like Potter and the coasters I just sat in the seats for the larger framed gentleman and I was fine.

KingStefan

Original Poster
Giving your weight wont get you as good of insight as providing your waist size. Too much variation in weight because the amount of muscle vs fat will give a wide range of stomach sizes which is what tends to be the issue with whether you'll fit a ride. As someone said they provide test seats for most rides, Forbidden Journey is the tightest ride I recall no just for stomach but also shoulder width and arm size. I got the thing across my stomach but my arms were kind of pinched the whole ride and shoulders had to be slightly turned... If you can ride that one the other rides will be okay so frankly go get on the test seat for that one first and if you fit don't worry about the others.
You make an excellent point. That's kinda why I put my height, too, but that's very difficult to picture for most people, unless you're a medical expert or whatnot.

So, are there any 42-44" + waist size folks out there ever had problems? (That's about 105 to 115 cm). Thanks!

thomas998

You make an excellent point. That's kinda why I put my height, too, but that's very difficult to picture for most people, unless you're a medical expert or whatnot.

So, are there any 42-44" + waist size folks out there ever had problems? (That's about 105 to 115 cm). Thanks!
I'm a 42 waist and 50 chest... I've had not issues other than comfort as some rides like Harry Potter don't have enough shoulder space. The only other ride that wasn't comfortable was the river adventure (jurasic park ride) because the entire row you are in shares a common lap bar and they pushed it down pretty snug... but you want it to be snug because on the last water drop if it isn't snug you'll smack into the bar and it can be painful as I found out on a similar ride at a six flags park where the bar was only about 4 inches of space between me and the bar but that was enough to almost knock the wind out of me when it made the sudden stop from hitting the water.

KingStefan

Original Poster
I'm a 42 waist and 50 chest... I've had not issues other than comfort as some rides like Harry Potter don't have enough shoulder space. The only other ride that wasn't comfortable was the river adventure (jurasic park ride) because the entire row you are in shares a common lap bar and they pushed it down pretty snug... but you want it to be snug because on the last water drop if it isn't snug you'll smack into the bar and it can be painful as I found out on a similar ride at a six flags park where the bar was only about 4 inches of space between me and the bar but that was enough to almost knock the wind out of me when it made the sudden stop from hitting the water.
Thanks, thomas998! This was a very useful post, and puts my mind at ease.

It sounds like many of you have the shoulder space problem. I'm not that tall, so I should be OK in that regard.

Just a few more weeks before my trip! Very excited! I just have to watch what I eat the next few weeks! LOL! Sounds like if I stay under 42" I'll be OK.

Thanks everyone who has contributed so far!

sporadic

I'm a fatty at 5'10, 280lbs, 44" waist (mostly thighs, belly, but sizable chest as well). Had my manhood crushed twice on Gringotts and once on Mummy when they forced the bars down an extra click. On my second mummy ride, I was able to get an adequate lock myself by pressing myself into the seat and bringing the bar down swiftly. Was a much more comfortable ride that time. I tested the outside seat on FJ, but didn't get a green light. The TM said there was another seat inside that was more accurate so I went through anyway. Skipped the test seat since they were attending to someone else and went straight to the ride. Took a few tries... Got the first click myself. Second click was a TM pushing it down, but he couldn't get the third. Then another TM came over, I sucked it in, and there were able to double team it for the 3rd click. Gave them the thumbs off and off I went! Was an amazing ride, probably my favorite.

No issue at all with Dudley. Didn't get to ride Dr. Doom, Dragon Challenge, or Rip Ride Rockit. Neck issues and hung out with the little one for those.

Dolewhipfloat

Thank you for posting this! My husband is a big guy - broad shoulders and 44 inch waist. I hadn't even considered that he might not be able to ride in the seats! Our first UO trip might be more standing-by for him. Luckily he can't ride big coasters due to vertigo issues. At WDW he typically sticks to boat/bench seats like Pirates of Carib. or Small World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom