Kilimanjaro Safari bridge question

horizons82

Original Poster
I apologize in advance if this has been brought up or mentioned before, but has there been a permanent change to the rickety bridge in the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction?

Before, when the safari truck went to cross the bridge it would tilt or drop like it was going to fall or collapse. However, when I visited AK yesterday (11/18) the bridge did absolutely nothing. The driver mentioned the dangerous bridge and how bad it looked and commented we were going to go over it really slowly and carefully, but to my surprise nothing ever happened--the bridge didn't budge.

Just wondering if this was a permanent/planned change or if just something might have been wrong with the bridge on this particular day.

Clamman73

I went on it Oct 1st two times in a row. First time it worked. Second time not really. I don't know if it depends on where the driver stops the truck if it needs to be in an exact spot.

Kamikaze

It doesn't do it for every truck. Either its a 'reset' time or just random. Pretty sure its just a counter between how often it happens, though - so if there are too many trucks close together, it will not activate for all of them.

horizons82

Original Poster
Either one of these explanations would make sense. It's just that in the many times I've been on the safari over the past couple of years, this was the first time I've never felt the bridge move/tilt, so that's what made me ask.

Phonedave

It has to do with vehicle spacing. If a safari vehicle goes across the bridge and gets the tilt action and the vehicle behind does not stay far enough behind the fail safe is to then not tilt. The bridge is activated by sensors as the vehicle approaches the bridge.

Makes sense to me.

I estimate that the bridge is about a 50/50 shot whenever I ride.

-dave

kap91

It's been 50/50 since pretty much the park opened. Most likely the trucks were just too close together.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I thought they got rid of that in 1999, unless I'm forgetting something the only time that bridge has tilted when I was on it was the first time I ever rode. After that I just assumed they for rid of that effect.

jbolen2

We rode it Sunday afternoon and the bridge did not shake but driver did mention how bad the bridge looked. He was a good guide though compared to others we've had on it before.

DisneyFreak23

:confused:
I apologize in advance if this has been brought up or mentioned before, but has there been a permanent change to the rickety bridge in the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction?

Before, when the safari truck went to cross the bridge it would tilt or drop like it was going to fall or collapse. However, when I visited AK yesterday (11/18) the bridge did absolutely nothing. The driver mentioned the dangerous bridge and how bad it looked and commented we were going to go over it really slowly and carefully, but to my surprise nothing ever happened--the bridge didn't budge.

Just wondering if this was a permanent/planned change or if just something might have been wrong with the bridge on this particular day.

I agree with the other posters; it did it the first time but not the second time on our last visit. Hey, it's better than the worn out "Simba 1" lost elephant scenario.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom