Kilamanjaro Safaris Collapsing Bridge Effect?

Marc Gil

Original Poster
It's been a while, but the collapsing bridge over at KS is finally working again after years of being in B Mode.

Not sure how long this has been operational, but it's the first time in over 2 years that I've seen it working.

I'm not sure if this has already been established... Or if this was even a "thing" :cautious:

DManRightHere

How was it originly designed to work? I've rode before when it had creaking effects and shifted to the left 2 times I think. I believe that was 2 years ago. This year in May it didn't do anything.

Marc Gil

Original Poster
How was it originly designed to work? I've rode before when it had creaking effects and shifted to the left 2 times I think. I believe that was 2 years ago. This year in May it didn't do anything.
Yeah, it's been only creaking these past few years. It was still creaking as of July. Not sure how recent this was repaired (or turned on).

Rob562

It was working on our trip last June.

It's a finicky effect. Sometimes it's shut off, sometimes the driver is driving too fast across the bridge that it won't trigger the sequence, and sometimes in won't activate if your truck is too close to the one in front of it and the bridge hasn't had time to reset.

I've also heard that if the truck in front of you is a animal ranger truck or one of the premium safari trucks (and maybe the handicap-accessible trucks) that the following truck won't get the show either. (Not really sure what the rationale is behind that one)

You'll know if you're going to get it as you drive onto the bridge if the yellow light at the far end is lit and then turns off.

-Rob

kap91

I rode at least 8 or so months ago and it was working. And I think a time before that as well. I thinks it's more dependent on vehicle traffic than anything.

Gullywhumper

It's been a while, but the collapsing bridge over at KS is finally working again after years of being in B Mode.

Not sure how long this has been operational, but it's the first time in over 2 years that I've seen it working.

I'm not sure if this has already been established... Or if this was even a "thing" :cautious:
It's good they fixed it because it makes the ride much more fun :D

Tip Top Club

It hasn't consistently not been working for years, but it does break often. Three months on, three months off would be be remiss.

WDWResort

Didn't even know it did this. Have I been this unlucky every ride? :(

doctornick

This is one of my favorite effects since the first time I went to WDW with my wife (she hadn't been for many years, before DAK was even open) we were riding and when the bridge began to shake, I acted all panicked and it totally freaked her out. she really thought the bridge was going to collapse. Once I stopped laughing hysterically from her reaction, she realized that it was just part of the "show" and now we laugh about it every time we ride.

Rob562

A question about the effect: is it automatic or does the driver have to line up in a certain way to active it?

I don't think it's a matter of lining up side-to-side, since there are tall guardrails on either side. But the driver can't go too quickly across the bridge, and they can't overshoot the stop point. Otherwise the bridge doesn't move.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom