Kidani vs Jambo

lostpro9het

Have you stayed at both? Which is better?
Very subjective, obviously....deja vu time!
Depends on how you are defining better I suppose. Pros and cons time!
KIDANI:
Pros:
Covered parking under your area of the resort
First bus stop
Excellent TS service offering in Sanaa
Better pool
Better breakfast option in Sanaa
Larger/more bathrooms depending on the room
Community hall with many activities for the family
Cons:
No true QS offering for all day dining, but some grab and go items are available in the gift shop as well as a drink machine.
Some folks don't care for the small lobby
some folks don't care for the small gift shop.
JAMBO:
Pros:
Huge beautiful lobby that smells magnificent.
Huge gift shop area
Dedicated all day QS offering
Probably one of the best TS offerings in Jiko.
Folks really seem to like Boma, but its not for me.
Value rooms to save on points
Cons:
Its the second bus stop
I think the pool is pretty "meh"

IMO, its all about how you plan to spend your day and your dining habits. One thing to remember is that there is a shuttle that leaves the lobby every 10-15 minutes so getting between the houses is easy if you wanted to use the other pool or explore the other house. Both houses have fantastic savanna views and both houses can have very long walks to your room if you're at the end of a wing.

Our personal preference is Kidani becasue we love the intimate lobby, pool, sanaa, and parking. We dont need a QS offering becasue we bring supplies to make coffee, breakfast, and so on in the room.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What room type? I would absolutely NEVER stay in a studio (i.e. without a kitchen) in Kidani because there's no real breakfast option. In a 1- or 2-bedroom villa, that problem is solved because I'll order some eggs and make my own breakfast.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
Thank you very much! Sometimes I feel like it's kind of far out...and I really like being able to take different modes of transportation other than the bus. We're getting a 3-BR villa in October. Our home resort is SSR so we'll be staying there but looking at other options. AK looks fun and just wondered which one you'd pick...thanks for the info regarding QS, especially.

NormC

Brighter lights in the Kidani rooms would be nice. We felt it was too dark in the rooms. The sconces in the hallway were all burnt from overheated bulbs as well. I believe those were getting replaced. Beautiful resort. Lots to see and lots of walking.

slappy magoo

What room type? I would absolutely NEVER stay in a studio (i.e. without a kitchen) in Kidani because there's no real breakfast option. In a 1- or 2-bedroom villa, that problem is solved because I'll order some eggs and make my own breakfast.

Woah, that's new! Can't believe I missed it. Definitely a needed service. Good move on this one, Disney.

Yeah I was there in December. Not a crazy amount of choices but it's not nothing either. And the prepared to-go items would probably benefit a lot of people in a rush

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom