Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Emadsen

We are considering doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour this December, and I was wondering if anyone had recently done this, and if it is worth the cost?

Thanks!

Starfan82

My DW and I took the tour this past September while at the World to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I had always wanted to do this tour as I had heard good things about it. We both enjoyed it very much. Be prepared for a long day with a lot of standing and walking. You do get lunch and a nice "Keys to the Kingdom" pin. We got to ride HM and JC, as well as, touring the "backstage" area where they house the parade floats and the underground "utilidors" (which was the best part IMO.) Definitely a must do for any Disney fan! We will be heading back in December as well. Can't wait! :happy:

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've done it twice. Enjoyed both times.

As @Starfan82 said, it's a 5 hour WALKING tour, so wear very comfortable shoes. Lunch is included and both tours we ate at Columbia House - you will be asked to make your selection when you check in in the morning. And be on time - they are very strict about that - you need to check in 15 minutes before your tour time.

Seeing the utilidors is worth the trip. Learning about the show is awesome. Just make sure to ask any questions that may be exposing "the show" when you are Backstage. And yes, there are questions your CM leading the tour won't answer. But unlike other CMs (i.e., bus drivers), they are very knowledgeable. We had a fantastic tour guide for both our tours.

One day we will do the big all day tour of all the parks.

Upvote 0

Emadsen

Original Poster
YAY! I'm glad to hear everyone's liked this so much! I think I'm going to book this for us as its something different to do during our trip. Thank you so much for all the responses!

Upvote 0

Emadsen

Original Poster
Oh, and if you have a Disney Visa, there is a discount for card holders.

Awesome, thank you. We do have the Disney Visa, and own DVC so I figured somewhere I'd fine some sort of discount. I appreciate that, saves me the time of looking for it :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Awesome, thank you. We do have the Disney Visa, and own DVC so I figured somewhere I'd fine some sort of discount. I appreciate that, saves me the time of looking for it :)

Yes the discounts for tours for Disney Visa and DVC is 15% off. We are all of the above too. Disney Visa used to be 20% off tours higher than the rest but now all the discounts are equal with each thing. :)

Upvote 0

Mark P.

Absolutely worth it. Only upcharge we've paid so far, and probably one we'll do again sometime.

Lunch is included and both tours we ate at Columbia House - you will be asked to make your selection when you check in in the morning.

I'm jealous of you -- I assumed we'd be at CHH for our tour but ended up at Tomorrowland Terrace instead.

And yes, there are questions your CM leading the tour won't answer.

While backstage, there weren't any that our guide refused to answer -- though I don't recall any of the questions that were posed during our tour being particularly "sensitive" in nature.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm jealous of you -- I assumed we'd be at CHH for our tour but ended up at Tomorrowland Terrace instead..

:eek:

While backstage, there weren't any that our guide refused to answer -- though I don't recall any of the questions that were posed during our tour being particularly "sensitive" in nature.

Oh, I came up with one.... basically asking to confirm something discussed here on this forum (didn't name WDWMagic - our guide probably thought it was that other one... ;)). Got a "I don't know what you're talking about look"... and no answer.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

The tour now takes you to eat at Tomorrowland Terrace no more CHH. But the items at TT offered are pretty good too. :)
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, actually...just initially disappointed as CHH is our favorite lunch stop in MK and one of our favorites in all of the parks. We also had a bit more room to spread out at TT (on the outdoor patio area) than I imagine we might have had at CHH.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, actually...just initially disappointed as CHH is our favorite lunch stop in MK and one of our favorites in all of the parks. We also had a bit more room to spread out at TT (on the outdoor patio area) than I imagine we might have had at CHH.
CHH Is a favorite of ours too. I like siting upstairs at CHH like we did with the tour it was a roped off area. We always sit upstairs when we eat there lots of room and cozy. :)

Upvote 0

wdwfamilynh

We are considering doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour this December, and I was wondering if anyone had recently done this, and if it is worth the cost?

Thanks!
We did this tour two trips ago and really enjoyed it. We also did the Stam Train tour (which we loved!) and a tour at Animal Kingdom (which they no longer offer). I think you'll enjoy Keys.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

We did this tour two trips ago and really enjoyed it. We also did the Stam Train tour (which we loved!) and a tour at Animal Kingdom (which they no longer offer). I think you'll enjoy Keys.

If you are talking about the Backstage tour at AK it's still offered but is now called Backstage Tales it's almost identical to the older one. (Have done them) Last 3-4 hours and takes you Backstage to see the kitchen/feeding areas, where the animals are kept, and a bunch of other stuff. :)

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I have always wanted to do this tour, but I believe wheel chairs were not welcome. Does anyone know if that is the case still?

I would phone and ask. Just read the information on the official web site and there's nothing about wheelchairs or ecvs. The only problem I could see would be accessing the utilidors perhaps, I can't remember if there were elevators at the entrance that is used.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom