Kevin Mayer seen as front-runner to succeed Iger

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
You’re conflating “traditional” stories with certain immutable aspects of the characters. You could tell a non-traditional story with white characters, or a “traditional” story with a multiethnic cast. It seems she’s passing on great stories unless the characters are diverse, which strikes me as wrong.

Under that standard, Walden could be missing out on the next Sopranos. Which would be ironic, as she (or her company at the time) passed on it originally:

View attachment 771323
Sorry that you see it wrong to give voice to the previously under represented in Hollywood. As I said before there are plenty of places from streaming platforms to indie distribution where stories that are passed on by Disney can be made. Not everything needs to be made by Disney. So the next Sopranos is likely to still be made, it’ll just be made somewhere else, and I have no issue with that. Variety across distribution channels is good for consumers.

Anyways I suggest we stop here and just agree to disagree as if we go any further it’ll lead to topics we’ve been told by the Mods to not discuss.

Magic Crush Drop

She’s too political. I’ve heard she discriminates white people for tv shows. And besides, Disney can’t afford to have another political CEO at Disney. I’m sorry, but I don’t trust her and I’m trusting my gut.
Is this because she's a woman?
GFdqTASXQAAnFVX.jpg

Sir_Cliff

And while you were looking up his bio you forgot to mention he was only at Playboy for 8 months, leaving there to become CEO of Clear Channel Interactive. So not sure your point. Also was he really fired from Tiktok or did he decide to step down due to pressure from the Administration at the time surrounding parent company ByteDance.

Anyways he has spent most of his career at Disney in one form or another. Personally I think he is better suited to be CEO than many of the other rumored candidates, but that is just my opinion.
I don't know anything about his guy and have no real opinions about him, but can you really imagine Disney appointing a former Playboy executive as CEO? Whatever the ins and outs of his time there, I just can't help but believe that would be the headline.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know anything about his guy and have no real opinions about him, but can you really imagine Disney appointing a former Playboy executive as CEO? Whatever the ins and outs of his time there, I just can't help but believe that would be the headline.
His major contribution to Disney was being one of the key executives behind all of Disney's major acquisitions over the last almost 20 years.

Sir_Cliff

His major contribution to Disney was being one of the key executives behind all of Disney's major acquisitions over the last almost 20 years.
To be honest, I don't really care if he used to work at Playboy and he may be an incredible executive. I just don't see Disney appointing him as CEO, though, due to the profile of the position and image of the company. Particularly certain sections of the media would have a field day.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
To be honest, I don't really care if he used to work at Playboy and he may be an incredible executive. I just don't see Disney appointing him as CEO, though, due to the profile of the position and image of the company. Particularly certain sections of the media would have a field day.
I understand your position, but disagree. Anyways its not up to us. So if that is who Disney picks, that is who they pick.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Lilofan

Since Hef has passed on, maybe Mayer can spill the dirt on more of what went on in the Playboy mansion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Fair enough, but I would bet a lot of money that this isn't who they go with.
🤷‍♂️ we'll just have to wait and see.

I honestly don't think we'll have to wait long either. I suspect we'll hear by the end of this year. They'll want to give a long lead time for handing over the reigns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom