Kennywood

Soarin' Over Pgh

That is an interesting and pretty diverse coast list. No Disney coasters huh? ;)

Honestly, I can't think of a Disney coaster that I'm SO IMPRESSED with that it would make my top five list. Theming aside, the coasters themselves are mediocre.

Add theming, and I'm loving me some BTMR. Either coast.

Nextinline

Original Poster
Honestly, I can't think of a Disney coaster that I'm SO IMPRESSED with that it would make my top five list. Theming aside, the coasters themselves are mediocre.

Add theming, and I'm loving me some BTMR. Either coast.

I know one thing for certain.. Exterminator > Primeval Whirl lol

Funny you mention "BTMR. Either coast." My girlfriend & I have been to Disneyland a number of times over the past few years & obviously ride BTMR but had somewhat of a mediocre feel about it (must do, but never do more than once). This summer we went to WDW & BTMR stole the show. We went on it 3 or 4 times. I know the track layout is almost identical, so without getting back to Disneyland I can't put my finger on why we liked WDW's so much more. Any thoughts?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I haven't a clue but I remember also being underwhelmed at DL years ago.

The MK one is VERY fun though. Maybe it's simply kinetic energy from the surrounding areas. I'm not sure. But it only get funner as the day progresses into night. And night time, that ride is a can't-miss!

I'm pretty sure the track layouts are the same on both coasts but the DL one seems slower, speed wise, than the MK one. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but the MK did seem a bit faster... again, maybe its just the energy of the area.

Mom and I rode the MK one last year 8 times in a row, starting in the evening and went until Splash reopened from a minor temper tantrum... then I went solo a few more times. Fantastic evening/night ride. The colors and theming pop even more at night.

Splash also feels better when it's dark out. And fully functioning. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom