Kelly D. EATS DISNEY WORLD (My restaurant review)

WDWKat26

Wow! Some of that review surprised me!

I definitely agree with the beef at the Yakitori house in Japan...I really didn't like the chicken either. I ended up just eating the rice last time I got something there.

I ate at Cape May Cafe last night and I found it to be very enjoyable. They added a lot more to the menu from last time, and things just seemed to taste better...maybe because it's down time right now and they have more time to put into making the food hehe ;)

As for Beaches N' Cream, this is my FAVORITE quick service place on Disney Grounds for a good burger and fries and the best sundaes anywhere. I'm really surprised you didn't like it, did you verbalize to your waiter/waitress that the sundae wasn't satisfactional? One time my friend and I went there and the Ice Cream tasted like it had been Freezer Burned...so they made us another sundae! Beaches N Cream is really good with customer service which is why i'm surprised you had such a bad experience! Definitely give it another try and try the burgers!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great review!

peter11435

kellydisney said:
I ordered the Hot Italian Deli Sandwich, it was the most amazing counter service meal I have had on property. It was warm with a hint of pesto, just right. It was also huge on a really weird bread. Maybe foccacia of some sort?

I love that sandwich also. As for the bread it is actually pizza dough.

Gucci65

Kelly thanks for posting the restaurant reviews......I'm so hungry now I don't know what I want for dinner.

Last December we went to Nine Dragons as part of our Candlelight Processional dinner package. We all decided to try something different since there were four of us. I like you, love potstickers - that was a no brainer. My daughter ordered the beef skewer and my friend ordered egg rolls. My Dad was talked into the Drunken Chicken by our waitress. It came out in a clay jar. It was cooked chicken floating around in wine - stone coldw/ pieces of grapes in it. My Dad and I were the only two brave enough to try it. I was gross :hurl: It you ever eat there again, bypass the Drunken Chicken. :lol:

kellydisney

Original Poster
eeew drunken chicken really sounds :hurl: I am glad I didn't try it!

As for Beaches and Cream, I didn't say anything. It was a satisfactory run of the mill sundae and the line was super long! Epcot had just closed. Maybe we'll give it another try!

kellydisney

Original Poster
I'm usually not one to advocate "cheating the system" but... we were able to get our PS at Le Cellier by saying that our party of 2 was a party of 3... this was at the suggestion of the CM on the other end of the dining reservations line!! Give it a try.

WDWKat26

kellydisney said:
I'm usually not one to advocate "cheating the system" but... we were able to get our PS at Le Cellier by saying that our party of 2 was a party of 3... this was at the suggestion of the CM on the other end of the dining reservations line!! Give it a try.

I've done that before lol

jws25

Awesome!

That was the best set of reviews ever. And just in time, we're leaving this Saturday, and we have the free dining plan too. I have ressies for Cape May Cafe, Marrakesh, Boma, and a couple of others. I didn't make any for Le Cellier (never been), but after that report, I might change the one we have for Marrakesh to Le Cellier. I love your writing style, I feel like I know you after that! You and your fiance (congratulations on your recent engagement) sound a lot like my husband and I. Glad you guys had a great time, and thanks again for helping me with some last minute decisions!:sohappy:

Jenny

kellydisney

Original Poster
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the compliments :) I really love reading others reports when they describe everything so it feels like you're there. I'm so glad you got that from the way I write! Have a great time, I love Disney in September!

I'd change Cape May for Le Cellier. Marrakesh was better than Cape May. And Ohana was too.

Kelly

marietta-stitch

kellydisney
Thanks for the great review, I am going to Disney in October and eating at Ohana for the first time. After reading your review I am extremely excited about the experience. :sohappy:

tracyandalex

thanks so very much for sharing. many of those places are on our list for april. we picked the good ones :sohappy: . thanks a bunch

tracy & alex

SheenaXena

To those who can't get Le Cellier. I just got it a couple of days ago. They only had lunch, so I got it at 2:40. They had a few lunches available. But the dinner was no way jose`. I'm really excited to try the infamous Le Cellier. As the rest of the places, 'Ohanas, Cape May Cafe`, Liberty Tavern, and Crystal Palace. I'm going to be so fat when I come back!:p 5 days to go!

Great trip review! I had such a wonderful time reading it. Congratulations on the wedding. Glad that you had a fun trip. I hope ours is going to great like yours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom