Pre-Trip Keeping My Fingers Crossed for June 2016

It's time to pull out the planning binder again!!

As of right now, we have:

"We" is me, Amy, my husband,Brian, and our three kids, Logan, Lily, and Owen. Here we are from the last trip we all took together in October 2011:

We have all been since then, just not at the same time!
Owen and I went with my mom in Dec. 2012.

And Brian and I went for my 40th birthday in November 2013.

Then the kids and I went to the parks and on a cruise in June 2014 with my parents and my brother's family.

And finally, Brian and I went on a cruise and to MK last October.

We've had a lot of upheaval recently, so we are not 100% sure we will be taking this trip, but I am being optimistic at this point!! However, we are not telling the kids until we know for sure. It is killing me to not be able to openly plan this trip!!
We have booked a 5 person room at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-11, 2016. Brian and I honeymooned in the Jamaica section back in 1998, and we are hoping to stay there again!

I know there is a lot of hate for CBR on here, but we loved it on our honeymoon and Owen and I loved the pirate rooms on our 2012 trip, so I am really excited that they finally have rooms that have queen sized beds and sleep 5!! I figure we will take advantage this time, as next time we go we will need more than 1 bathroom, and Owen will be too big to sleep in the murphy bed!

We are obviously too far out to have any set plans yet, but you better believe that I already have the whole trip planned out in my head!!! We are going to spend our arrival day at the pool, hopefully have dinner at 'Ohana, and spend the evening at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. We will have 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 day at DHS, and go to Typhoon Lagoon the remaining day during the week with a possible evening in MK. I still haven't decided how to spend departure day. A lot will depend on the timing of our flight. We will likely have breakfast at 'Ohana, then do some miniature golfing before returning to the airport, but we may hit a park if time allows. Dining plans include: 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Crystal Palace breakfast, Akershus breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package, and 1900 Park Fare. I believe that we will be there during Star Wars weekends. I have no desire to fight the crowds during the weekend, but I'm hoping they will have the special dining during the week again, and I will try to schedule one or both of the character dining experiences for us. I'm also hoping to try to fit in the new Adventureland Veranda restaurant at MK. Also excited that the new night show will be open at AK. I don't really care, but Lily will be excited that the new Frozen ride should be open too.
I can't wait to share the plans with you all as they get firmed up!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, just over 2 weeks to go, and I really need an attitude adjustment!! Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to be going, but I'm getting a little (ok, a lot) upset with Disney lately! I LOVE Animal Kingdom, and it just breaks my heart that we are going to miss ROL. I'm still excited about the other night time offerings, but I was so looking forward to seeing ROL. :( Then, Frozen won't be open either and Lily was so looking forward to that.:( I was hoping we would at least get to see the old film at Soarin', but it doesn't look like that is going to happen either.:( The water park hours were extended to open at 9am...starting the week after we are there.:( And the latest thing to make me angry is the Star Wars fireworks at DHS only being offered 3 times a week and the park only being open until 8:30 or 9:00 the other nights. Because Disney makes you plan things so far in advance, I can't change things around so that we are there on a day with fireworks!:devilish:
On a brighter note, I am ridiculously excited about what I got in the mail today! (I say ridiculously because I can't believe that I am actually excited about it!!) Lily has decided that Emma, her American Girl doll is going to go to WDW with us. I figure she is old enough to understand that she won't be getting another if something happens to her down there, and she decided to take her anyhow. So, I ordered this cute outfit for Emma:
DSCN9170.JPG

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, just over 2 weeks to go, and I really need an attitude adjustment!! Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to be going, but I'm getting a little (ok, a lot) upset with Disney lately! I LOVE Animal Kingdom, and it just breaks my heart that we are going to miss ROL. I'm still excited about the other night time offerings, but I was so looking forward to seeing ROL. :( Then, Frozen won't be open either and Lily was so looking forward to that.:( I was hoping we would at least get to see the old film at Soarin', but it doesn't look like that is going to happen either.:( The water park hours were extended to open at 9am...starting the week after we are there.:( And the latest thing to make me angry is the Star Wars fireworks at DHS only being offered 3 times a week and the park only being open until 8:30 or 9:00 the other nights. Because Disney makes makes you plan things so far in advance, I can't change things around so that we are there on a day with fireworks!:devilish:
On a brighter note, I am ridiculously excited about what I got in the mail today! (I say ridiculously because I can't believe that I am actually excited about it!!) Lily has decided that Emma, her American Girl doll is going to go to WDW with us. I figure she is old enough to understand that she won't be getting another if something happens to her down there, and she decided to take her anyhow. So, I ordered this cute outfit for Emma:
View attachment 142589
I know exactly how you feel!!! dinosaur down my whole trip, BMTRR the second week of my trip, Riverboat first week, DHS closing at 8:30 every night no fireworks posted for August. I've never been so close to a trip with plans still so up in the air since a year that I don't even admit to being born yet LOL BTW that outfit is so cute, I wish it came in my size

DisneyMorgan

I got two more tanks last week!!
View attachment 142352
View attachment 142353
I still have one more coming later this week, and I ordered matching shirts for the 5 of us that should be here next week.
Only 17 more days!!

Love these!! Who did you buy them from? Etsy???

So, just over 2 weeks to go, and I really need an attitude adjustment!! Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to be going, but I'm getting a little (ok, a lot) upset with Disney lately! I LOVE Animal Kingdom, and it just breaks my heart that we are going to miss ROL. I'm still excited about the other night time offerings, but I was so looking forward to seeing ROL. :( Then, Frozen won't be open either and Lily was so looking forward to that.:( I was hoping we would at least get to see the old film at Soarin', but it doesn't look like that is going to happen either.:( The water park hours were extended to open at 9am...starting the week after we are there.:( And the latest thing to make me angry is the Star Wars fireworks at DHS only being offered 3 times a week and the park only being open until 8:30 or 9:00 the other nights. Because Disney makes you plan things so far in advance, I can't change things around so that we are there on a day with fireworks!:devilish:
View attachment 142589

Super bummed for you :( I have a co-worker who just left WDW today and he was mad ROL wasn't ready yet. Maybe Disney will extend some hours once you get there, I think I saw that happen a few times last year.

Only upside you'll just have to plan another trip soon to see all the new stuff! We have decided we are going back in 2018. Right now I'm torn between March, June, or October.

Regardless I'm sure y'all will have a fantastic vacation! :) I'm excited your family will get to spend some good quality time together!

Oh yeah, I love American Girl dolls! I have two, Felicity and Samantha. I'm saving them for Aubs when she's a little older.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Love these!! Who did you buy them from? Etsy???

Super bummed for you :( I have a co-worker who just left WDW today and he was mad ROL wasn't ready yet. Maybe Disney will extend some hours once you get there, I think I saw that happen a few times last year.

Only upside you'll just have to plan another trip soon to see all the new stuff! We have decided we are going back in 2018. Right now I'm torn between March, June, or October.

Regardless I'm sure y'all will have a fantastic vacation! :) I'm excited your family will get to spend some good quality time together!

Oh yeah, I love American Girl dolls! I have two, Felicity and Samantha. I'm saving them for Aubs when she's a little older.
Yes, I got both tanks from Etsy. I think I definitely need to take an Etsy hiatus for the summer!!

I'm really hoping they will extend the DHS hours. They already extended the MK hours, so that was a good thing!

I have a feeling we won't be going back for awhile, at least not as a whole family. Logan will be in 8th grade next year and is already talking about doing marching band (they let 8th graders participate at our school!), not to mention his cross country and wrestling thrown in, plus the activities and sports of the other two!! Maybe Brian and I will at least be able to sneak away!;)

I have no doubt that we will have a fantastic time!! I'm really trying to work on my attitude! It gets a little better each day we get closer!

I'm sure Aubs will love the AG dolls. We have definitely gotten our money's worth with Lily's!

DisneyMorgan

Yes, I got both tanks from Etsy. I think I definitely need to take an Etsy hiatus for the summer!!

I'm really hoping they will extend the DHS hours. They already extended the MK hours, so that was a good thing!

I have a feeling we won't be going back for awhile, at least not as a whole family. Logan will be in 8th grade next year and is already talking about doing marching band (they let 8th graders participate at our school!), not to mention his cross country and wrestling thrown in, plus the activities and sports of the other two!! Maybe Brian and I will at least be able to sneak away!;)

I have no doubt that we will have a fantastic time!! I'm really trying to work on my attitude! It gets a little better each day we get closer!

I'm sure Aubs will love the AG dolls. We have definitely gotten our money's worth with Lily's!

I love Etsy! I need to start looking for a shirt for November!

That's a bummer about not being able to go back for a while :( I feel you on marching band! I actually had to plan my wedding around marching competitions due to my two cousins and bro-in-law! Lol!! I think an adult getaway would be perfect!! Or even a girls trip with Lily??

My co-worker is back at work today, and apparently he talked to a CM at AK who said ROL was going to be opening Memorial Day Weekend!! He's planning on taking a short trip back just to see it (if only I could do that lol) Hopefully this is true and just not a rumor. But since he heard it from a CM i'm hoping its true!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I love Etsy! I need to start looking for a shirt for November!

That's a bummer about not being able to go back for a while :( I feel you on marching band! I actually had to plan my wedding around marching competitions due to my two cousins and bro-in-law! Lol!! I think an adult getaway would be perfect!! Or even a girls trip with Lily??

My co-worker is back at work today, and apparently he talked to a CM at AK who said ROL was going to be opening Memorial Day Weekend!! He's planning on taking a short trip back just to see it (if only I could do that lol) Hopefully this is true and just not a rumor. But since he heard it from a CM i'm hoping its true!
I wonder if the CM meant the new Jungle Book show that they announced? It would be awesome if ROL really is opening, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Yep, after seeing today's announcement it looks like that CM meant JB. From the artwork posted, it looks like it will be a really neat show!
It does look neat. I'm excited that they are offering dinner packages. Guess I will be on the computer at 6 am tomorrow for that, the again at 7 to get a FP+ for Soarin'.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, very disappointed right now! I was up and on the computer right at 6am this morning...and absolutely no dinner packages available for either of our AK days. I have been checking back constantly, and will continue to do so, but I can't believe they would sell out that quickly! On the bright side, I was finally able to get a FP+ for the show, as well as for Soarin'!! So, here is our finalized (for now;)) itinerary:
Thursday, June 2
leave Columbus at 5:30am and arrive in Orlando at 7:35am
check in to Caribbean Beach Resort
swimming and Disney Springs
5:00pm dinner at 'Ohana
early to bed

Friday, June 3 Animal Kingdom
8:15am breakfast at Tusker House
Safari at park opening
Everest FP+ 11:15-12:15
Kali River FP+ 12:20-1:20
The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic FP+ 8:25 for 9:00 show

Saturday, June 4 Disney's Hollywood Studios
Rock n Roller Coaster(Logan and ?)/TSMM(Lily, Owen, and ?) at rope drop
Star Tours
11:00am lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Toy Story FP+ 12:20-1:20
ToT FP+ 1:20-2:20
Frozen Sing Along FP+ 3:05 for 3:30 show
4:50pm Fantasmic! dinner package at Minnie's Seasonal (spring) Dine at Hollywood and Vine

Sunday, June 5 Magic Kingdom
8:05am breakfast at Crystal Palace
Seven Dwarfs FP+ 10:40-11:40
Splash Mountain FP+ 11:45-12:45
Big Thunder FP+ 12:55-1:55
5:45pm dinner at Be Our Guest

Monday, June 6 Epcot
8:00am breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Test Track at park opening
Spaceship Earth FP+ 9:35-10:35
Soarin' FP+ 10:35-11:35
Nemo FP+ 11:50-12:50
World Showcase
3:00pm ice cream at Beaches and Cream
World Showcase
7:10pm dinner at Garden Grill
Illuminations

Tuesday, June 7 Blizzard Beach and DHS
Blizzard Beach 10:00
5:00pm Fantasmic! dinner package at Minnie's Seasonal (summer) Dine at Hollywood and Vine
Star Tours FP+ 5:30-6:30
Toy Story FP+ 6:30-7:30
Tower of Terror FP+ 8-9
(This day could definitely change if we decide we don't want to do Hollywood and Vine again, or if we don't want to repeat anything at DHS after our first day!!)

Wednesday, June 8 Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom (Extra Magic Hours)
Typhoon Lagoon 10:00
5:10pm dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Big Thunder FP+ 8-9pm
Seven Dwarfs FP+ 9-10pm
Haunted Mansion FP+ 10:05-11:00pm

Thursday, June 9 Animal Kingdom
sleep in
Dinosaur FP+ 4:05-5:05
Everest FP+ 7:30-8:30
Safari FP+ 9:30-10:30

Friday, June 10 Magic Kingdom
early Extra Magic Hours
9:55am breakfast at Be Our Guest
Seven Dwarfs FP+ 10:50-11:50
Tomorrowland Speedway FP+ 12:00-1:00 (Owen and Brian)
Space Mountain FP+ 12:10-1:10 (Logan. Lily, and Amy)
Pirates FP+ 1:35-2:35
5:05pm dinner at Chef Mickey's

Saturday, June 11 Magic Kingdom
check out of Caribbean Beach Resort
9:00am breakfast at 'Ohana
Splash FP+ 10:50-11:50
FOF Parade FP+ 2:45-3:05
Seven Dwarfs FP+ 3:40-4:40
leave Orlando at 9:45pm and arrive in Columbus at 11:55pm
(This day could definitely change too! It will most likely be Epcot or MK. I decided to make the FP+ for MK because I figured it would be much easier to switch the FP+ to Epcot if we decide that's where we want to be, than to switch from Epcot to MK since Owen will be way disappointed if we go to MK without riding SDMT!!)

Only 12 more days!!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well our paths may cross :).
We are in MK on 6/5 but our BOG is lunch, not dinner.
Epcot on 6/6 and our SSE FP is 10:30
Studios on 6/7 but morning/afternoon
MK on 6/11 with Splash FP at 12:05

Got a FP for Soarin and Jungle Book without any difficulty this morning...must have gotten in before the system crashes started!

Your family is gonna have a blast! :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

Got a FP for Soarin and Jungle Book without any difficulty this morning...must have gotten in before the system crashes started!

I meant to tag you to see of we may cross paths, or if you were just going to go with the flow again!!:D I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you guys. Please say hi if you see us!

I initially had issues getting our Soarin' and Jungle Book FP+ only because they didn't appear to be released right away, but I was able to use the app to get them before everything crashed!!

I know we are going to have a fantastic time!! Hope you guys have a great trip too!!

blreinsel

Maybe we will cross paths, too! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom