Pre-Trip Keeping My Fingers Crossed for June 2016

It's time to pull out the planning binder again!!

As of right now, we have:

"We" is me, Amy, my husband,Brian, and our three kids, Logan, Lily, and Owen. Here we are from the last trip we all took together in October 2011:

We have all been since then, just not at the same time!
Owen and I went with my mom in Dec. 2012.

And Brian and I went for my 40th birthday in November 2013.

Then the kids and I went to the parks and on a cruise in June 2014 with my parents and my brother's family.

And finally, Brian and I went on a cruise and to MK last October.

We've had a lot of upheaval recently, so we are not 100% sure we will be taking this trip, but I am being optimistic at this point!! However, we are not telling the kids until we know for sure. It is killing me to not be able to openly plan this trip!!
We have booked a 5 person room at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-11, 2016. Brian and I honeymooned in the Jamaica section back in 1998, and we are hoping to stay there again!

I know there is a lot of hate for CBR on here, but we loved it on our honeymoon and Owen and I loved the pirate rooms on our 2012 trip, so I am really excited that they finally have rooms that have queen sized beds and sleep 5!! I figure we will take advantage this time, as next time we go we will need more than 1 bathroom, and Owen will be too big to sleep in the murphy bed!

We are obviously too far out to have any set plans yet, but you better believe that I already have the whole trip planned out in my head!!! We are going to spend our arrival day at the pool, hopefully have dinner at 'Ohana, and spend the evening at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. We will have 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 day at DHS, and go to Typhoon Lagoon the remaining day during the week with a possible evening in MK. I still haven't decided how to spend departure day. A lot will depend on the timing of our flight. We will likely have breakfast at 'Ohana, then do some miniature golfing before returning to the airport, but we may hit a park if time allows. Dining plans include: 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Crystal Palace breakfast, Akershus breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package, and 1900 Park Fare. I believe that we will be there during Star Wars weekends. I have no desire to fight the crowds during the weekend, but I'm hoping they will have the special dining during the week again, and I will try to schedule one or both of the character dining experiences for us. I'm also hoping to try to fit in the new Adventureland Veranda restaurant at MK. Also excited that the new night show will be open at AK. I don't really care, but Lily will be excited that the new Frozen ride should be open too.
I can't wait to share the plans with you all as they get firmed up!!

MadMax11

Just read this thread for first time. I'll be with my family in the very same parks you're planning to be in on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th. That's crazy!! :)

Have fun!!! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who makes the waiting and preparation so much fun. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Just read this thread for first time. I'll be with my family in the very same parks you're planning to be in on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th. That's crazy!! :)

Have fun!!! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who makes the waiting and preparation so much fun. Happy Mother's Day to you!!
Please say hi if you see us!!
You guys have fun too! Not much longer to go!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The kids had fun today decorating the mousekeeping envelopes and their M&M tubes to hold their pennies and quarters for the pressed pennies.
DSCN8768.JPG

DSCN8769.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I got my ME tags too! :D Hoping the Magic Bands make their appearance this week! I also like how you added the year to yours.. I have plans to make "Magic Band tinsel" like I've seen in @lostpro9het 's TR's, so that would be a fun way to remember all of our trip dates years down the road. :)
I'm getting so antsy! Our trips are so close, yet soooo far away!! I can't imagine that your MagicBands wouldn't show up this week, you are only 4 days behind us!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We got more mail today!!
DSCN8784.JPG

DSCN8785.JPG

To go along with my castle one I got in September.
DSCN8786.JPG

DSCN8788.JPG

Lily gave up on an Inside Out one and decided on the Zootopia one instead. Logan has wanted the first order stormtrooper one since he started checking them out. Owen finally decided he wanted the Kylo Ren one after changing his mind a million times, the only problem was, it wasn't available on the app or Disneystore.com. I waited for weeks to see if it would show up again, so he finally decided to just go with the BB8 one. Guess what's available on the app again today!?! Needless to say, I won't be telling Owen that!! I kept asking Brian if he wanted a designed band, and he kept saying we didn't need to waste the money on one. Then a few months ago, he told me the only way he wanted one was if I could find a Darth Vader one. Well, they weren't available at the time, so he didn't think I was going to buy him one when I ordered the kids'. He was so surprised, and he actually wore it for a little while this evening after they were delivered! He won't admit it, but he's getting excited!!

Our other mail delivery was a sling backpack for Brian. I normally carry my big Vera Bradley backpack into the parks and fit everything we need. Well, I've had this nagging cough for the past few months that nobody can figure out was is causing it or find any meds to help it, and I actually popped three ribs out of place two weeks ago. I am still pretty sore from that, so I think we are going to have to try to have Brian carry this new backpack and I will just use one of my Vera Bradley crossbody bags (a hipster, or my new Plums Up mailbag) so I don't hurt myself by trying to carry too much. Here is the bag:
DSCN8789.JPG

And I set it next to my camera bag just to help show the small size.
DSCN8790.JPG

Not sure how that's going to go, but we'll see!

Figgy1

Premium Member
We got more mail today!!
View attachment 141354
View attachment 141355
To go along with my castle one I got in September.
View attachment 141356
View attachment 141357
Lily gave up on an Inside Out one and decided on the Zootopia one instead. Logan has wanted the first order stormtrooper one since he started checking them out. Owen finally decided he wanted the Kylo Ren one after changing his mind a million times, the only problem was, it wasn't available on the app or Disneystore.com. I waited for weeks to see if it would show up again, so he finally decided to just go with the BB8 one. Guess what's available on the app again today!?! Needless to say, I won't be telling Owen that!! I kept asking Brian if he wanted a designed band, and he kept saying we didn't need to waste the money on one. Then a few months ago, he told me the only way he wanted one was if I could find a Darth Vader one. Well, they weren't available at the time, so he didn't think I was going to buy him one when I ordered the kids'. He was so surprised, and he actually wore it for a little while this evening after they were delivered! He won't admit it, but he's getting excited!!

Our other mail delivery was a sling backpack for Brian. I normally carry my big Vera Bradley backpack into the parks and fit everything we need. Well, I've had this nagging cough for the past few months that nobody can figure out was is causing it or find any meds to help it, and I actually popped three ribs out of place two weeks ago. I am still pretty sore from that, so I think we are going to have to try to have Brian carry this new backpack and I will just use one of my Vera Bradley crossbody bags (a hipster, or my new Plums Up mailbag) so I don't hurt myself by trying to carry too much. Here is the bag:
View attachment 141359
And I set it next to my camera bag just to help show the small size.View attachment 141360
Not sure how that's going to go, but we'll see!
Awesome mail, but I do hope you get rid of that cough!!!!!!!!!! Sending some pixie dust your way>

Figgy1

Premium Member
We're going June 2-8. When is your trip? How did you get those "special" magic bands. I ordered the new purple one for myself.;)
Have a great trip!:D

We are June 2-11. I ordered them from the park shopping app. You guys have a great trip too!
OMG I'm a bit jelly about both of you getting to go so soon. I can't even make ADRs for UNI yet. But I hope both of you have a truly magical vacation and get to see some of AK after dark.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
OMG I'm a bit jelly about both of you getting to go so soon. I can't even make ADRs for UNI yet. But I hope both of you have a truly magical vacation and get to see some of AK after dark.
Thank you! I'm sure we will have a fantastic time! I think I am most excited about AK after dark!! I'm still a bit disappointed about ROL, but at least we will get to see the other entertainment! I already have a 9:30pm FP+ for the safari, now if I could just get an 8:30pm one for Everest!

Doc Disney

This is super delayed but we have gotten that packet with the discount cad probably our last 4-5 trips! Its a neat idea but I always forgot about it :) I did use the free mini golf this trip though!
Can't believe your trip is so soon!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
This is super delayed but we have gotten that packet with the discount cad probably our last 4-5 trips! Its a neat idea but I always forgot about it :) I did use the free mini golf this trip though!
Can't believe your trip is so soon!
The mini golf is probably the only thing we would use it for, and we have the water parks and more tickets, so don't even need it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom