Kamala Khan A.K.A Ms Marvel possibly getting a Marvel Mini series.

Sped2424

Original Poster
"ABC may be developing a show based on the recent breakout hit Ms. Marvel.

According to a since-removed Reddit post (via ComicBookMovie), ABC is canceling the low-rated American Crime, but still wishes to work with creator John Ridley (an Oscar winner for his screenplay for 12 Years a Slave), hence their recent deal with him for a new Marvel-based series. The rumor says Kamala Khan caught his eye and is the character he's moving forward with. The show would purportedly focus mostly on her obsession with superheroes, and cultural issues like Islamaphobia. That way it would slowly ease her into being a superhero, without necessarily needing Captain Marvel to serve as Kamala's inspiration, given the Captain Marvel is still years away.

The rumor goes on to state that the Kamala Khan show would act as the winter bridge between the fall and spring runs of Agents of SHIELD, making it a shorter run series, like Agent Carter. The Ridley project is not believed to be the also in development SHIELD spin-off.

It may be wise to take the news with a grain of salt, however. The Reddit user claims to have inside knowledge of Marvel dealings, but has not produced any documentation or other information to verify it."

From Ign
I for one am very excited for this possibility. NOW let's just get a young avengers show going.

CaptainAmerica

I can't imagine the MCU confusing the general public with both a Captain Marvel and a Ms. Marvel in the same universe. Also Kamala Khan sucks. Carol Danvers 4 lyfe.

Stefan8

Yes, this sounds exciting.

I'm a little behind on the Marvel shows and I have to say that the first season of Agents of SHIELD was enjoyable for a network tv show, though it did get worse towards the end. With all the Netflix shows coming up, the proposed spin-off, and now this, it's certainly a good time for a Marvel fan. Now let's hope they keep the quality up.

I think this thread is about the same show: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marvel-teaming-with-john-ridley-for-mystery-tv-series.898339/

Merge perhaps?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Yes, this sounds exciting.

I'm a little behind on the Marvel shows and I have to say that the first season of Agents of SHIELD was enjoyable for a network tv show, though it did get worse towards the end. With all the Netflix shows coming up, the proposed spin-off, and now this, it's certainly a good time for a Marvel fan. Now let's hope they keep the quality up.

I think this thread is about the same show: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marvel-teaming-with-john-ridley-for-mystery-tv-series.898339/

Merge perhaps?
You thought SHIELD season one got WORSE at the end? That season dragged so hard until Winter Soldier came out.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I can't imagine the MCU confusing the general public with both a Captain Marvel and a Ms. Marvel in the same universe. Also Kamala Khan sucks. Carol Danvers 4 lyfe.
kamala khan does not suck and is very much one of the most popular new characters done by marvel in recent memory. And she idolizes carol danvers to a T, and there is stuff in the MCU FAR MORE confusing than having a captain and ms marvel in the same house.

Stefan8

You thought SHIELD season one got WORSE at the end? That season dragged so hard until Winter Soldier came out.
Yep, I thought the season simply didn't deliver after a decent setup (yes, it wasn't fantastic to start with, but enjoyable nonetheless). Some of the twists and reveals were pretty lame.

You do make a good point with having both a Ms. Marvel and a Captain Marvel. On the other hand, audiences are already confused anyway with all these Spider-Man reboots, separate Marvel movies produced by different studios and whatnot.

I can't comment on the new Ms. Marvel comics, didn't get a chance to read them just yet.

doctornick

Don't know which thread to respond to, but some thoughts...

Probably means no Agent Carter return. Which is good and bad. I enjoyed the show and would like to have seen it return, but it was a nice well contained story so at least it won't feel incomplete if it does not come back.

That said, I loved the setup with a shorter series during the AoS winter break. I'm all for Kamala filling the gap.

Nice to have a show with a female lead superhero. The MCU, much as I love it, has needed some significant infusion of good female characters. With Agent Carter, Sky and May on AoS, soon Jessica Jones and perhaps Kamala, the TV side is really ramping up on that regard. And we'll have the Scarlet Witch soon and Carol Danvers in the future, so the movies are getting some supers at last.

I sorta agree with the Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel issue. Part of my problem is that Carol will always be Ms. Marvel to me. And I don't think it's a good idea to have two characters with too similar names in the MCU. I'd like it more if Carol came first and Kamala modeled herself after Carol, including the name. Maybe the MCU will do it in reverse and have Carol pick the Capt Marvel name based on honoring Kamala who calls herself Ms. Marvel?

doctornick

Yep, I thought the season simply didn't deliver after a decent setup (yes, it wasn't fantastic to start with, but enjoyable nonetheless). Some of the twists and reveals were pretty lame.

I'm actually kinda with you. I liked the start of AoS season 1 -- sure, it was burgeoning as they developed new characters, but that's part of the fun discovering new folks. The CA:TWS aftermath had some good impacts on the show, but I do think some of the season long stuff ended up being resolved in a kinda fizzle.

Season 2, however, has been awesome. I find myself watching it live, which I pretty much never do with shows, because I can't wait to see each episode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom