Kali River Rapids reopens.... and guess what??

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
So, Kali opened after its 6 week refurb. Guess what? It's worse now than before. In a park where show quality is ignored its no surprise, but sadly it is another nail in the coffin of the level WDW once held itself to. The fact they opened knowing they aren't working is pathetic. The fact they have so many issues still is unforgivable. .

The fact that this is no surprise to any of us is what's really sad.

MerlinTheGoat

So much for WDW maintenance improving with George Kalogridis in command. Or has he simply not been around long enough for it to make an upturn? I'm starting to have worries about Splash Mountain's supposed awesome refurb once again, Kali's condition doesn't inspire any confidence in the refurb matter. What is "supposed" to happen during refurbs isn't always what actually does.

They just keep justifying my decision to stay away from WDW in the near future until things get better (which at this rate may very well never happen). I actually like Kali River Rapids a bit better than most people do, but it's pointless if you're going to remove what pathetically few show elements it has in the first place.

menamechris

Is there really any question anymore that often times "refurb" actually means - "It's not busy, so we can save on having this attraction closed..." I rarely see massive improvements after refurbs these days. They seem to only do the essential maintenance and maybe a new coat of paint, which one would think they could do after hours.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So much for WDW maintenance improving with George Kalogridis in command. Or has he simply not been around long enough for it to make an upturn? I'm starting to have worries about Splash Mountain's supposed awesome refurb once again, Kali's condition doesn't inspire any confidence in the refurb matter. What is "supposed" to happen during refurbs isn't always what actually does.

They just keep justifying my decision to stay away from WDW in the near future until things get better (which at this rate may very well never happen). I actually like Kali River Rapids a bit better than most people do, but it's pointless if you're going to remove what pathetically few show elements it has in the first place.

With all these show elements missing, they may as well just shove people into the river then fish them out. Essentially the same experience as riding the attraction.

copcarguyp71

I was never a fan of Kali and always thought it was half a$$ed at best. My vote was to shut it down and do an Avatar ride (for those that can't seem to live without the blue people) there instead of an entire land. Personally I still fail to see how Avatarland fits in with the theme of AK other than a simile for consevation but they already had tons of conservationist theme in the park anyway...but I digress...Kali River botched rufurb, no surprise sadly:(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My main gripe with it is that you don't get wet. In my experience, you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting wet. Pretty low odds for a ride that is wet. I will take Bluto's Bilge Rat at US any day.
My main gripe is you do get wet. I rarely get off that ride dry. Since AK is typically our last day park driving for 2 hours while soaking wet is not very appealing.

sweetpee_1993

My main gripe is you do get wet. I rarely get off that ride dry. Since AK is typically our last day park driving for 2 hours while soaking wet is not very appealing.

Eeewwww...and it's not just wet. If it was just wet that would be one brand of misery. It's that funky-feet water smell that gets me. Sitting like that in a car for 2 hours would be torture. I'd cry. Refuse to get in the car. Probably find a gas station with a hose. Something.

BryceM

Grrrr...no more fire!! So the queue is now officially better than the actual ride...kudos
Love the queue. I was waiting with me my mom and we were taking pictures of ourselves pretending we were in Asia, hahaha!

The wetness of the ride is usually hit or miss. However, Popeye & Bluto's at Islands of Adventure is an unacceptable amount of wetness... I will usually ride KRRR, even if I don't want to get wet, I'll just try to dodge the water! On Popeye, there is no escaping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom