Kali River Rapids closing for 5 week refurbishment January-February 2016

DisneyFans4Life

This is a great time for the ride to go down...it's too cold for water rides in January and February. Do you have any details on what they'll be working on?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Bummer, I would have liked to take a spin on this on our January trip, although this isn't a must see attraction to begin with.

MerlinTheGoat

Most recent WDW refurbishments have had a positive impact on the ride (unlike a few years ago) so hopefully something gets fixed on this ride for once as opposed to turned off/removed.
Kali commonly has rehabs like these, going down around the first of the year for a few weeks or months. And the last few times, they actually removed effects from the ride (fog and fire). These rehabs seem less related to maintenance and more of a convenient way for them to save on operating costs.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

A cousin of one of the Disney bus drivers told my sister's boss that they will be removing the rafts altogether. Instead, they will be passing out life jackets. Should save a ton of money (except for the legal dept). ;)

That's one of my favorite parts of white water rafting. When they let you hop out and float down the river.

Fox&Hound

I've heard the ride is so short so it does not warrant a long wait. Is this true? I've honestly never ridden it in AK because I've heard such bad things about it? Will they ever expand one day or make additions: waterfalls, animal AA's, etc????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom