Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So all the deconstruction was just to make the park seem more open and airy?

While the unused stuff was standing it remained a TAXABLE asset, It makes sense to demolish it as soon as it is determined that it will no longer be used so WDW can no longer be TAXED on that asset, It's why Disney wastes no time in demolition it saves them TAX DOLLARS.

Ismael Flores

Disney has been going a little overboard with these smaller Star Wars additions and events because they were unprepared to properly take advantage of the current Star Wars craze, that they created, because they didn't have any confidence in the franchise. Then they scrambled and put together a lot of mediocre fluff to fill the gap (years) until they can get a proper land opened.

These guys are the best. You gotta luv 'em.
Wow would they even the amount of money they did for a franchise that they didn't have confidence in? That makes little sense.

The reality is that Disney sees the potential and growth of their theme parks now more than ever and the growth and strength in the franchises they bought. They also see that the only thing keeping the stock from taking a tumble right now while ESPN is in trouble is these franchises and the strength of the theme parks. Any sensible company will do anything possible to keep these franchises in people minds to upset the decline in other divisions of the company. Merchandise and box office sales are doing healthy business

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Strong the dark side with this thread is. Feel a ripple in the force over this stunt I do. My head shaking am I.

DisneyCane

While the unused stuff was standing it remained a TAXABLE asset, It makes sense to demolish it as soon as it is determined that it will no longer be used so WDW can no longer be TAXED on that asset, It's why Disney wastes no time in demolition it saves them TAX DOLLARS.

Please explain the tax law on how this works with such old buildings. From a property tax standpoint, I can't imagine the property gets appraised differently by knocking down buildings inside a theme park.

From a corporate tax standpoint, I would think that due to the age of the park, all of the construction of those buildings had already been fully depreciated. Therefore, knocking them down wouldn't allow accelerated depreciation.

I'm genuinely curious how this tax savings works.

EpcotCenter82

Look at this on a positive note, maybe the SSE Death Star will vaporize all of the Disney execs whose ideas included the cabanas at Magic Kingdom, pizza at the All Star bus stations, dessert parties, express transportation between the theme parks, and a host of other up-charge options. It will be a day long remembered!

asianway

Please explain the tax law on how this works with such old buildings. From a property tax standpoint, I can't imagine the property gets appraised differently by knocking down buildings inside a theme park.

From a corporate tax standpoint, I would think that due to the age of the park, all of the construction of those buildings had already been fully depreciated. Therefore, knocking them down wouldn't allow accelerated depreciation.

I'm genuinely curious how this tax savings works.
Vacant land is taxed at a lower rate than buildings for real property. Most states also have a tangible personal property tax(including FL) on "stuff". This is why you may see car dealers have tax man inventory reduction sale depending on the state you live in.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Worst screen shot ever, but seeing as how no one else has posted one yet ....

IMG_0827.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom