Just want one FP+, how do I cancel the other 2

mbtohill

Original Poster
DW and I are going to F&W 10/1-10-4 and I got FP+ for Maelstrom so we can go on it one more time before it closes. MDE gives you two other FP+'s for that day, but I can't seem to cancel them. I can cancel all three or none. Don't want to be an FP+ hog, but can't seem to figure out how to drop the 2 I don't want.

THOUGHTS?

RayTheFirefly

DW and I are going to F&W 10/1-10-4 and I got FP+ for Maelstrom so we can go on it one more time before it closes. MDE gives you two other FP+'s for that day, but I can't seem to cancel them. I can cancel all three or none. Don't want to be an FP+ hog, but can't seem to figure out how to drop the 2 I don't want.

THOUGHTS?
A FP+ kiosk can cancel them for you, but only one in Epcot. Last I was there, they couldn't cancel FP's for other parks (MK couldn't cancel a DAK FP I had).

Clamman73

If you don't use them, they'll just expire as the time passes the fast pass window. Wouldn't worry about taking a fp from others at Epcot at this time of the year.

docdebbi

THOUGHTS?

I think it is very nice of you to not want to be a hog and keep them from someone else, but alas, that is the only option. I think Disney counts on this happening to some as a way to keep FP moving.

but thanks for being considerate.

same thing happening to me on the fourth. I have FP for maelstrom also, not arriving until 7 PM, no time to use the others, we have dinner ressies at 845. does seem a shame.

ratherbeinwdw

If you want them to go away quicker, as soon as you ride Malestrom, then move the other two up. We did that so we could get to another park to make a fastpass quicker. We never had a problem with availability for the second tier rides.

Rob562

You can cancel individual FP+ choices on the MDE website (I presume the MDE app too, but I don't have my phone handy at the moment).

After you've made them, go into the FastPass+ section and click on the "Cancel FastPass+" link. Choose the date and it'll give you the option to individually select FP+ choices to cancel.

Just be aware that I haven't been able to figure out a way to re-add just a single FP+ choice in that now-empty slot without cancelling the entire day's FP+ and starting over. So unless you *really* know that you won't need to use any other FP+ choices, it's easier to leave them so that you can change your choices later.

One thing I wonder about... If you cancel one of your FP+ choices for a park that has tiers (such as Epcot), use the other two and then go to a kiosk, will it allow you to make a tier-free choice like the rolling 4th FP+? Or are you forced into the limitations of the tier that your now-empty original-three FP+ slot was for? (Essentially making the first kiosk-based FP+ your third FP+)

-Rob

DisneyGigi

We couldn't cancel anything. Not from our phone and not from the kiosk at the same park. CM couldn't cancel them either. We asked about it at guest relations at resort and we got more added by them but it didn't cancel the original ones. :-/

mbtohill

Original Poster
You can cancel individual FP+ choices on the MDE website (I presume the MDE app too, but I don't have my phone handy at the moment).

After you've made them, go into the FastPass+ section and click on the "Cancel FastPass+" link. Choose the date and it'll give you the option to individually select FP+ choices to cancel.

Just be aware that I haven't been able to figure out a way to re-add just a single FP+ choice in that now-empty slot without cancelling the entire day's FP+ and starting over. So unless you *really* know that you won't need to use any other FP+ choices, it's easier to leave them so that you can change your choices later.

One thing I wonder about... If you cancel one of your FP+ choices for a park that has tiers (such as Epcot), use the other two and then go to a kiosk, will it allow you to make a tier-free choice like the rolling 4th FP+? Or are you forced into the limitations of the tier that your now-empty original-three FP+ slot was for? (Essentially making the first kiosk-based FP+ your third FP+)

-Rob

BRAVO Rob!!! You are correct. Extra FP+'s cancelled!! Feeling much better about myself now, Thanks!:)

Xandra

The name printed inside the Band cannot be seen by CM's, either visibly on the Band (because it's on the inside) or on their screens. The name displayed on their screens is only the first name of the person's MDE profile.

DisneyGirl3820

They should really have an option where, if you cancel a FP or two (which I did), and then change your mind, you can always add them back without cancelling everything and starting over entirely. I didn't want to jeopardize losing TSM so I am out of luck at HS. Oh well. You live and you learn:(

JohnD

Another option would have been to schedule the first two before the ride you want. You don't care about the those anyway. Let them lapse. Look, I get those are two unused spots for FP+ that could go to someone else but that's how WDW designed the system.

dreynolds1982

We ran across this very issue during our trip over the past few days. We did AK in the a.m. and used 2 of our 3 FP+. Didn't need the third one and wanted to cancel, but it wouldn't let me cancel or change just the one. I even tried to cancel the entire set (even tho 2 were already used) and it didn't work. Would tell me in the app that it was cancelled, but would still show up. So we hopped over to DHS and I tried at a kiosk, but the CM told me you can't cancel just one from another park. Only the full set and only before the first FP in the set starts. So I had to wait until the AK FP+ expired before I could make one a DHS at the kiosk.

Doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, that really isn't much of a surprise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom