Just Returned :(

Erik

Original Poster
Hey- my fiance and I just returned from 8 great days in WDW! Here are a few observations:

Chrissa - Not to beat a dead horse, but the only bad part of the trip was the downright annoying Resort TV. I really enjoyed the old prgramming, but am pretty welcome to change. However, she really got on my nerves - I even heard others in lines joking about her - did they test this programming with focus groups? - she is awful.

Polynesian - Great hotel and a pleasant suprise. We were a bit worried because of the age of the resort, but the room was fantastic and with the monorail, waterslide, walks to TTC and Floridian, it was great. Just sitting on the beach or laying in the hammocks was great!

Food - Best meals were 1. Jiko 2. Artist Point 3. Sci-Fi (love the atmosphere)

Crowds - A bit larger than expected, maybe due to the 7 for 5 offers and the Food and Wine Festival - but still manageable

Rides - ToT is better than ever with the slight changes they've made (no lapbar and random drop sequence), Stich is cute but I liked the alien better, lines for Mission Space were very short - think they scared people away with the initial press reports

Hall of Presdients - well, the country is still divided - most folks cheered Bush, but there were a few scattered boos from some rude folks

Well, thanks to all on this board for your help in planning another great trip!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i think that the lines to MS are always going to be short due to the design of the que. to my understanding, they design the que to reduce lines and move people quicker, thus from the outside, looking like there is no one there.

if i am correct, i wish that they could do this to all the attractions.

but if im wrong, im sure ill be corrected. lol

glad you had fun. and yes, the poly rocks. i stayed there as a kid.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Glad you had a great time. I noticed the same thing about the Polynesian the first time I stayed there. It looks like they just finished building it and it was constructed in the 70's. I hope the same will hold true for the contemporary.

bhg469

Erik said:
Hall of Presdients - well, the country is still divided - most folks cheered Bush, but there were a few scattered boos from some rude folks

oy red states :rolleyes:

j/k anyway im jealous of your trip. i crave jiko every day since my last trip.

thanks for the post

Budahman

Also just got back-Saturday (Nov 13th). Had an ok time. Crowds seem very large to me. I have been going in Sep, Oct, and Nov for years, and thought the crowds were alor bigger than usual. Probably due to the 7 for 5, and discount room rates.?!
I guess I felt some cast members weren't as polite this time either. Usually, I always get a good morning when I get to the parks or a have a nice day and other nice small talk form alot of cast members, but this time I didnt get that. Hm.?? Maybe they were just all in the working mood?? I know its been a bad fall in Florida so maybe some minds are elsewhere at times.
Dont think I'd stay at the Pop Century again. It was average. Wasnt impressed with Mission space at all. Way to OVER Hyped! For me...Stitches great escape was like an extreme kids version of Alien. Nothing seemed different to me at all, except the Alien was gone. Good to see Skippy is still represented. :O)
LOU

cuteazabutton74

I am glad that you had a good trip. I have never stayed at the Polynesian; I always thought that it would be dirty. I love staying at the Contemporary it happens to be one of my favorite. This year we will be staying at Pop Century. I hope I like it since we have about five kids with us. I will keep you posted once I come back from our trip.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Cary

Merlin

Account Suspended
Budahman said:
I guess I felt some cast members weren't as polite this time either. Usually, I always get a good morning when I get to the parks or a have a nice day and other nice small talk form alot of cast members, but this time I didnt get that. Hm.?? Maybe they were just all in the working mood?? I know its been a bad fall in Florida so maybe some minds are elsewhere at times.

I think the quality of CMs at WDW has been noticeably diminished in recent years. I used to think they were the friendliest, hardest working people in the world (even far superior to those at Disneyland). I don't know if it's due to the cutbacks in training, less scrutiny in recruiting, or what.

There was a time when it was considered really impressive to have worked for Disney. Nowadays, it seems like they will hire anyone just to fill an open position. And for some reason (perhaps because of the union) many of the CMs seem to act as though they know they won't lose their job or even get reprimanded for being rude to guests.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Erik said:
Hey- my fiance and I just returned from 8 great days in WDW! Here are a few observations:

Chrissa - Not to beat a dead horse, but the only bad part of the trip was the downright annoying Resort TV. I really enjoyed the old prgramming, but am pretty welcome to change. However, she really got on my nerves - I even heard others in lines joking about her - did they test this programming with focus groups? - she is awful.

Polynesian - Great hotel and a pleasant suprise. We were a bit worried because of the age of the resort, but the room was fantastic and with the monorail, waterslide, walks to TTC and Floridian, it was great. Just sitting on the beach or laying in the hammocks was great!

Food - Best meals were 1. Jiko 2. Artist Point 3. Sci-Fi (love the atmosphere)

Crowds - A bit larger than expected, maybe due to the 7 for 5 offers and the Food and Wine Festival - but still manageable

Rides - ToT is better than ever with the slight changes they've made (no lapbar and random drop sequence), Stich is cute but I liked the alien better, lines for Mission Space were very short - think they scared people away with the initial press reports

Well, thanks to all on this board for your help in planning another great trip!

Just out of curiosity, it sounds like you had a great trip. How come you put a sad face symbol :( in your title for this thread?

Erik

Original Poster
Merlin said:
Just out of curiosity, it sounds like you had a great trip. How come you put a sad face symbol :( in your title for this thread?

Haha - sorry to confuse you with that sad face- just sad that I had to return back to work after such a great trip - but yes, it was a great time so I should be happy for the memories, rather than sad to be back at work!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Erik said:
Haha - sorry to confuse you with that sad face- just sad that I had to return back to work after such a great trip - but yes, it was a great time so I should be happy for the memories, rather than sad to be back at work!

Actually, now that you put it THAT way, I see what you mean. I was thinking that maybe the Resort TV lady overpowered all your good experiences or something! :lol: That lady must really be annoying. I haven't seen her yet. I have a friend out there right now attending a conference. I just wrote to her on her Blackberry and told her to check it out tonight in her room.

Erik

Original Poster
Merlin said:
Actually, now that you put it THAT way, I see what you mean. I was thinking that maybe the Resort TV lady overpowered all your good experiences or something! :lol: That lady must really be annoying. I haven't seen her yet. I have a friend out there right now attending a conference. I just wrote to her on her Blackberry and told her to check it out tonight in her room.

Yes- please have them check her out - I had seen some threads on this board about how awful she was and thought folks may just be over-reacting - but they were right in my opinion - it takes a lot to make me turn the channel when they are talking about anything WDW, but she did the trick.

It may be a secret plot by Disney to force people from their rooms to spend more money in the parks :) It's the only logical explanation!

TowerOfTerror

Erik said:

The resort tv is the best thing about stay on disney property. I just think that people miss the "Zip-a-dee-do-dah tip for today." The main problem is the show is way too short while it should be the top 10 things at disney and the old tip of the day should show after it . And most males on the boards think that kryssa is smoking hot :lookaroun.
I'mmmm getting Fish and Chips in England!!!!!!
Super powered wedgie machine
You're dead on about the Polynesian, great views, great pool/slide, transportation, and food (kona cafe) :slurp:

Mission Space has no wait times because it has the the regular line, then the pre-show, then another preshow before the ride. There are several people on the ride that you don't even know about because of the 3 different waiting zones for four different simulators.

This trip sure sounded like a blast !
So when is the next trip ?

kennyj29

Glad you had a good time!!!!!!

We are going November 26th and are really looking forward to it! We stayed at the Poly the last four times and this year we're going with friends and sharing a 2 bedroom Villa at the Beach Club and then the Wilderness Lodge Villa's. Can't Wait, however, we are definitely going to miss the Poly!!!! It's our favorite hotel!!!!!!!! I would have put a sad face on my message also, going home after such a great trip!!!! I'm sure you'll be back soon!!!!!!!!

Erik

Original Poster
TowerOfTerror said:
The resort tv is the best thing about stay on disney property. I just think that people miss the "Zip-a-dee-do-dah tip for today." The main problem is the show is way too short while it should be the top 10 things at disney and the old tip of the day should show after it . And most males on the boards think that kryssa is smoking hot :lookaroun.
You're dead on about the Polynesian, great views, great pool/slide, transportation, and food (kona cafe) :slurp:

Mission Space has no wait times because it has the the regular line, then the pre-show, then another preshow before the ride. There are several people on the ride that you don't even know about because of the 3 different waiting zones for four different simulators.

This trip sure sounded like a blast !
So when is the next trip ?

Oh, don't get me wrong- Chrissa is pretty hot - just too much on the "perky" side for me!

Thanks - next trip will probably be in 2006 in time for Everest! I'm getting married next year and have promised my fiance (gasp) a non-Disney wedding and honeymoon in return for a large trip with my parents and some friends in 06! Time to start planning . . .

Merlin

Account Suspended
Erik said:
Yes- please have them check her out - I had seen some threads on this board about how awful she was and thought folks may just be over-reacting - but they were right in my opinion - it takes a lot to make me turn the channel when they are talking about anything WDW, but she did the trick.

It may be a secret plot by Disney to force people from their rooms to spend more money in the parks :) It's the only logical explanation!

Ha ha! My friend just wrote back to me and said that she was watching resort TV when she got my email. She said she finds Kryssa very annoying and wondered if it was just her. I told her, "No, from what I've been hearing, it's definitely not just you!"

phlydude

TowerOfTerror said:

As annoying as the new Top 10 things to do in WDW is, Kryssa is smokin' hot! :hammer: :slurp:

When you're stuck in your room due to a hurricane, you really didn't have much choice but to watch movies you have seen already, see the gloom and doom on the news or watch the hottie go on the rides around the parks! Choice is made!! :sohappy:

Dj Corona

Words cannot describe how annoying she is - at least not words your allowed to use here. All I know is they must have paid her a truckload money, because I can't imagine anybody acting as goofy @$$ed as that all on their own. On the good side, I think it's like channel 92 or 96 that plays an uninterrupted loop of classic Disney cartoons including Little Hiawatha and Lambert the Sheepish Lion, the bad thing is it repeats every hour.

Figment1986

You can watch her with the volume down :lookaroun

I mean sure she is hot.. but the older show was better....

Hope you enjoyed your trip.... Cause it sounded like you did somewhat...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom