Just got to wdw..what's up with all the scooter's

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Yeah definitely count yourself as lucky. These groups aren't going around nicely talking in their respective languages like normal human beings. I am used to hearing the language as well and even have Portuguese and Spanish friends (so they aren't all this way). These tour groups run around chanting VERY loudly like a bunch of animals. That cannot go unnoticed, sorry.
I never even heard about these 'tour groups from hell' until coming to wdwmagic a few months ago. I'm actually curious to see one. Although if it's Argentinians shouting "Messi" then me and my son would probably join in their chant ;)
I'll be there during Pop Warner this winter..so we'll see if I notice them.

seabreezept813

Yeah definitely count yourself as lucky. These groups aren't going around nicely talking in their respective languages like normal human beings. I am used to hearing the language as well and even have Portuguese and Spanish friends (so they aren't all this way). These tour groups run around chanting VERY loudly like a bunch of animals. That cannot go unnoticed, sorry.

Here we go, let's generalize ane call people animals. I assume that issues at the park are not due to anyone who is disabled or South American, but the actual problems are based on individual actions that are disrespectful. Just because one American Olympic athlete is disgraceful, doesn't mean other athletes should be discredited. I am sure there are tour groups who are more respectful, or are just trying to have fun without any malicious intent. For those that don't have control, Disney could address the behavior and educate them about respectful behavior.

21stamps

Here we go, let's generalize ane call people animals. I assume that issues at the park are not due to anyone who is disabled or South American, but the actual problems are based on individual actions that are disrespectful. Just because one American Olympic athlete is disgraceful, doesn't mean other athletes should be discredited. I am sure there are tour groups who are more respectful, or are just trying to have fun without any malicious intent. For those that don't have control, Disney could address the behavior and educate them about respectful behavior.
The "don't judge all for the actions of a few" rule only applies to specific instances, groups, scooter use... Generalizing Latino and Portuguese tour groups has been perfectly acceptable. Go figure.

mouse_luv

This goes to show how much you know about my posts on this board and the way I even explained things in the post you quoted. Let's just generalize about me why don't we? I said NOT ALL SOUTH AMERICANS ARE ANIMALS OR DISRESPECTFUL. I have friends etc that are from the same countries these groups come from and they do not act in the way the groups do. And Disney has dealt with their behaviour in more than one occasion and it doesn't help. So kettle, pot. BLACK!

seabreezept813

The "don't judge" rule only applies to specific instances, groups, scooter use... Generalizing Latino and Portuguese tour groups haven't been one of them.

Honestly, it's a cultural thing and the groups just need to be informed by their agencies or Disney that socialization, etc. should be toned down. For example. I have been to Brazillian church services where the young children are allowed to leave their seats, run around, talk, etc. While I was affronted, the people were not because to them church is as much a social gathering as a spiritual one.
When I traveled to Europe, my drama director who organized the trip made us attend cultural after school classes before traveling. Here we learned basic conversational French (we were going to London and Paris) and more importantly customs to acknowledge and practice while traveling. Teenagers don't necessarily know any better unless they are taught. Our instructor prevented us from embarassing ourselves.
I'm guessing these travel agencies are not paying enough for knowledgable employees, and should include cultural education for their customers.

By the way, just for educational purposes the groups are often Brazillian, their language is Portuguese.

mouse_luv

Honestly, it's a cultural thing and the groups just need to be informed by their agencies or Disney that socialization, etc. should be toned down. For example. I have been to Brazillian church services where the young children are allowed to leave their seats, run around, talk, etc. While I was affronted, the people were not because to them church is as much a social gathering as a spiritual one.
When I traveled to Europe, my drama director who organized the trip made us attend cultural after school classes before traveling. Here we learned basic conversational French (we were going to London and Paris) and more importantly customs to acknowledge and practice while traveling. Teenagers don't necessarily know any better unless they are taught. Our instructor prevented us from embarassing ourselves.
I'm guessing these travel agencies are not paying enough for knowledgable employees, and should include cultural education for their customers.

By the way, just for educational purposes the groups are often Brazillian, their language is Portuguese.

Thanks for the unneeded Geography lesson. Many of us know that Brazilians speak Portuguese. Hell, even I speak it and I'm not Brazilian.

21stamps

Yeah I meant to say Brazilian or Latino..or Portuguese and Spanish speaking, but didn't pay attention and ended up like that. It's one of my pet peeves.. The biggest one on these boards, the way these groups are described. Even more so when I don't think the majority of Americans could tell the difference between Argentinian Spanish, Costa Rican Spanish, Venezuelan Spanish, etc. maybe they can tell Mexican or Puerto Rican..maybe, I'll give these two. But so many people say "oh they were from (insert country here) because of their accent." Not once have I believed it when I read it. If they're wearing a shirt with the name of their country, ok maybe "you" can tell.
The amount I read about generalizing these groups is disturbing ...and the talking about "Argentinians constantly shouting Messi" and so on is crazy, and doubtful.
Being obnoxious is not how they live on a daily basis, it's not their culture, nor is it for Brazil. The same way that a few American tourists are obnoxious at plenty of vacation spots, but it doesn't mean that all American tour groups are obnoxious.

As for Brazilians, well I hate their soccer, and I hate the parades when they win a soccer tournament, and I hate the gloating all over my phone and fb page when they won a match lol.. but I don't care what tour groups come to Orlando. I've never noticed and probably never will, if I do I'm sure it wouldn't bother me. Like I said, I've been around them my entire life, so maybe they just don't stand out in an already huge crowd at WDW.
Thanks for the unneeded Geography lesson. Many of us know that Brazilians speak Portuguese. Hell, even I speak it and I'm not Brazilian.
I don't. I speak about 5 words. None are probably appropriate here.lol. I can understand most of it, but I will utterly fail trying to have a conversation.

rob0519

This goes to show how much you know about my posts on this board and the way I even explained things in the post you quoted. Let's just generalize about me why don't we? I said NOT ALL SOUTH AMERICANS ARE ANIMALS OR DISRESPECTFUL. I have friends etc that are from the same countries these groups come from and they do not act in the way the groups do. And Disney has dealt with their behaviour in more than one occasion and it doesn't help. So kettle, pot. BLACK!

Actually, you wrote "These groups aren't going around nicely talking in their respective languages like normal human beings." "These tour groups run around chanting VERY loudly like a bunch of animals". So "these" in effect means all. You wrote your friends don't act like this, which is different from the tour groups, assuming your friends are adults.

You also called the people in these groups not normal and likened them to animals. Yes, SOME of the groups and be loud and SOME of the groups can be obnoxious. Have you ever been around to see the behavior of some of the American dance/cheer teams or Pop Warner teams? Some of them are not exactly quiet and reserved either. Their all just teenagers, who don't always have the best manners and judgement, away from Mom and Dad on vacation and having fun.

Goofyernmost

We now need sixty Brazilians on scooters. This must happen.
Anyone good at writing jokes, because this screams to be included in a good punch line. It starts off with "Sixty, fat, lazy chanting Brazilians enter a bar on scooters with the sole mission of ruining the ankles on every person they see. The first Brazilian turns to the second and chants....." someone come up with a hilarious punch line please.

Really, we need a punch line because this has become the saddest thread ever. We need a chuckle so we can know that the entire human race hasn't turned into complete crap-heads.

POLY LOVER

Do you mean the liar or the psycho?

I think if your looking for issues you'll find them. My view is on my fun and I focus on that. If you go through the parks watching every move people make you will find issues. Mind your own business have fun and don't sit around judging people. You have no Idea of people circumstances.

Sans Souci

Forty years ago WDW was full of smokers. You just had to put up with it.

Back then if you suggested that people died younger, that they smelled badly, and tha third parties had to inhale those fumes too you'd be treated to such retorts as 'my auntil smoved and lived until 96', 'smokers don't smell, people who don't shower do', and ''it's nowhere near as bad as what comes out of your car's exhaust pipe'. It was a smoke-acceptance society, the way American (not the rest of the world) is now a fat acceptance society.

There is a rather ironic link between the two. All those super slim 1970's Americans? Unnaturally thin from smoking. They quit, and ended up so fat they now ride scooters.

I never knew you were a public health scholar. Your erudite corpus of knowledge must be shared far and wide.

mouse_luv

Actually, you wrote "These groups aren't going around nicely talking in their respective languages like normal human beings." "These tour groups run around chanting VERY loudly like a bunch of animals". So "these" in effect means all. You wrote your friends don't act like this, which is different from the tour groups, assuming your friends are adults.

You also called the people in these groups not normal and likened them to animals. Yes, SOME of the groups and be loud and SOME of the groups can be obnoxious. Have you ever been around to see the behavior of some of the American dance/cheer teams or Pop Warner teams? Some of them are not exactly quiet and reserved either. Their all just teenagers, who don't always have the best manners and judgement, away from Mom and Dad on vacation and having fun.

Yes, Mr. I have to prove a null point. I have seen all groups and they're all pretty wild and obnoxious. I call it like I see it--if you want to act like an animal then that's what I would liken you to because you don't deserve my respect at that point. There's a way to conduct yourself in public and that is not it. If you like the way I operate fine, but if you don't then fine too...now move along.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, Mr. I have to prove a null point. I have seen all groups and they're all pretty wild and obnoxious. I call it like I see it--if you want to act like an animal then that's what I would liken you to because you don't deserve my respect at that point. There's a way to conduct yourself in public and that is not it. If you like the way I operate fine, but if you don't then fine too...now move along.
I think that's exactly the way those groups feel too.

Isn't it ironic...don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom