Just got to wdw..what's up with all the scooter's

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrelaplume

Original Poster
I just got to wdw...it's been a long 10 year wait... one thing is bugging me after only 2 days...

First, I am all for truly handicapped people getting a break...but to be politically incorrect....being fat is a lifestyle choice 99 percent of the time...not a handicap.

Loading you scooter with your families food and drinks in a cooler plopped on you lap or in a basket and scooting onto the bus is disgracefull to the real handicapped and simply downright rude. These people consume 4 seats on the bus between the scooter and the seat they sometimes jump into. They slow the loading and unloading by 5 minutes...and they get to cut line.

What does it cost to rent a scooter? I assume wdw is making big bucks because otherwise it makes no sense. Can anyone get one of these...maybe we all should! Aaaaaahhhh!

To make matters worse my room request was no where near where I wanted to be at OKW.....i have a hell of a walk everywhere I go...does anyone know if these ' diet challenged ' folks get precedence for having rooms near the main area?

Don't get me wrong...elderly or truly handicapped have all my sympathies but uncle Joe with 4 drinks and a cooler scooting onto the bus delaying my trip and taking other folks seats...while wearing a Fitbit no less .....well it's just disgracefull.

I won't even mention the way they drive and honk their little horns in the park..I guess the deserve to scoot around everyone and move at a quicker pace....what is going on the world!!! Is it me.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
image.jpeg

DisneyDaver

I just got to wdw...it's been a long 10 year wait... one thing is bugging me after only 2 days...

First, I am all for truly handicapped people getting a break...but to be politically incorrect....being fat is a lifestyle choice 99 percent of the time...not a handicap.

Loading you scooter with your families food and drinks in a cooler plopped on you lap or in a basket and scooting onto the bus is disgracefull to the real handicapped and simply downright rude. These people consume 4 seats on the bus between the scooter and the seat they sometimes jump into. They slow the loading and unloading by 5 minutes...and they get to cut line.

What does it cost to rent a scooter? I assume wdw is making big bucks because otherwise it makes no sense. Can anyone get one of these...maybe we all should! Aaaaaahhhh!

To make matters worse my room request was no where near where I wanted to be at OKW.....i have a hell of a walk everywhere I go...does anyone know if these ' diet challenged ' folks get precedence for having rooms near the main area?

Don't get me wrong...elderly or truly handicapped have all my sympathies but uncle Joe with 4 drinks and a cooler scooting onto the bus delaying my trip and taking other folks seats...while wearing a Fitbit no less .....well it's just disgracefull.

I won't even mention the way they drive and honk their little horns in the park..I guess the deserve to scoot around everyone and move at a quicker pace....what is going on the world!!! Is it me.....

Really? How do you know the individual circumstances of 99% of the people in scooters? Your comment doesn't apply to me as I'm 150 lbs and workout most days on my WDW vacations, but you are being overly critical of those you don't know. You and I are very fortunate that we don't need a scooter to get around. I have no problem with you complaining about a specific individual who acts rudely (or takes advantage of a WDW policy) but the generalization to 99% is a bit much.

Goofyernmost

Note to self... Don't get involved in this discussion again. Don't get involved in this discussion again. You've already said everything at least twice, so, let it go. So that is what I will do. Ouch, this hurts, but, I'm going to just leave this thread. Have a magical day! Peace out! (Microphone goes thud to the ground)

zengoth

Welcome back after 10 years! A lot has changed! Both in the real world and Disney World.
Scooters are everywhere, not just theme parks. You probably also noticed a lot of strollers being used for carrying purchases and food while the poor tykes have to run behind them. If Disney only had moving sidewalks...

StarshipDisney

I remember in Animal Kingdom in 2010 (my last trip) at the end of the Dinosaur ride, I was just standing there when a little girl looking to be 6-7 years old ran over my foot with a scooter and it HURT!. I believe that a little girl that young had no business driving a scooter through a Disney park but obviously Disney had no problem with it. I complained to a cast member who merely offered me first aid. They did not seem to care less if it happened again to someone else.

I know that carts are needed by some, perhaps many...but Disney should still police their use and if someone is driving recklessly...then immediately show them the park exit. The parents did not even apologize and said that I got in her way. Yeah right!

I agree with you the carts have gotten out of hand and their use should at least be policed.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

image.jpeg

mouse_luv

I love how somebody brings up a legitimate point and all the longtime members are nothing but rude...
Legitimate huh? Really? Let's see there's only multiple threads about this, it's not a new issue. And everytime it's brought up the thread goes to heck in a handbasket pretty quickly.

Also, the OP and several others in this thread on their side of this actually need to learn to see things from other's point of views and take a walk in others shoes instead of painting the object of discussion with a very broad paintbrush. It's not all they ASSUME it is.

StarshipDisney

I love how somebody brings up a legitimate point and all the longtime members are nothing but rude...

In some cases...Agreed. I have only been a member for a few months now but I have already learned about how "passionate" some can get and that I need to try and temper anything that I say on this forum. It is very easy to upset someone.

But I guess if you have a forum with this many members...

andrelaplume

Original Poster
I am just saying it's sad people take advantage thats all...we are having a great time...the parks are emaculate...cast members friendly...transportation....eh...not as good as I recall a CB or Po or CS.but perhaps that's the nature of the sprwaling OKW....

And yes I am pretty sure of the 5 scooter loads I saw..none were legitimacy handicapped.....I'll keep my opinions to myself and only post happy thoughts going forward!!! Now I have to figure out how find my family in the DS Disney store...wish there were an app for that!

VeroniqueB

How do you know people health or habit by looking at them? How do you know who to hate and mock and ridicule?

I know it's still "fashionnable" to bash on fat people in certain circle, but let's pretend this evil person (you created in your mind to feel better about yourself) is really totally fat because entirely of their "choices" or mistakes or whatever (evil person, again) and could just fix their terrible health in 5 minutes (I don't know how, maybe wearing a fitbit to be more active then they are, but you know let's make fun of them for that too), is only on a scooter because they can't walk very long /because they are obese and it's actually dangerous to go from sedentary to 10 miles a day walking or whatever ... So they should just what? Never go to disney ever? I guess they should just stay in their house, hidden from view. That would totally help them get a grip on their health. Or we could kill them all, you know? *sarcasm*

People who are concern about other people health should join organization that helps people be healty. Not make fun of them while touching themselves and feeling oh so grand about their little rants against fat/evil person ruining their FIT AND SLIM ONLY (TM) vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom