Just Got Back....

baggienath7

Original Poster
So my lovely girlfriend and i just got back from 17 night split stay at Beach Club Villas and BayLake Theme Park view.

a little run down of our experience

Beach Club Villas-
Once we walked through the Lobby of the Villas we immediately fell in love, what a beautiful well looked after DVC Resort.
Rooms- We stayed in a Studio Villa for 8 nights, we wasn't over whelmed when we first walked in thinking it could do with refurbishing, however it was clean and big enough for what we required. Another point is we couldn't get the Air Con to turn off for some strange reason, but still didn't let it bother us as we were both very excited to be starting our magical journey, and the fact we were very tired from our 9 hour flight.
Staff- Pleasant and friendly.
Location- One Word, PERFECT. easy access to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios, a relaxing walk around Boardwalk and the market place wasn't too far away to easily pop down to get an extra bottle of Soda or that naughty late night treat.

Overall- A very Quiet Resort and really enjoyed our stay here, will definitely be back.

BayLake Theme Park View-
We got dropped off at the Contemporary Resort and was greeted by a Lovely Young girl with an IPAD who checked us in and walked us over to Baylake to pick up our second lot of Magic bands. off to a great start.
Rooms- First impressions, very impressed, but with closer look, i don't think there well maintained at all, i understand they have a higher intake of Guests as compared to the other resorts, but i do think they could do with some work e.g- Mattress had gone, work surfaces had been battered, chips/dents out of most the furniture, but obviously wasn't a massive dent into our 6 night magical stay waking up to Cinderellas Castle .
we however did like the layout of the room especially for a studio and the mini kitchenette is pretty cool.
Theme Park view was brilliant especially for the first few nights, however after the 3rd night of wishes we did kind of wish we had a Lake view instead, but still was an experience that we really enjoyed, which most people will never get going to Disney world.

Staff- This for us was the best part of staying here, there were all very friendly and helpful, i think most days when we walked into the lobby we ended up chatting with the CM's on duty for 20+ mins. Amazing!

Overall- it was a great hotel to stay at and will probably end up going back if only to see the CM we met, the elevators are only a short walk away and the walkway to the contemporary, makes things a lot more accessible. 7/10

one point i may add, we went up to the Top of the world for drinks after our meal at Cali Grill we chose to sit at the bar by this elderly couple, who may i add, were the rudest i have ever met.
The first thing they said once we sat down was
Elderly man- " barman do they let anyone in here now then, you dont need to be a DVC member?" Barman- "Yes you need to be a member to be let in here"
Elderly Man- "oh right so what about those renting points like these two here"
Barman- " i am sure they are members sir"

To which i then took my band off proceed to place it in his eye line and explained that albeit my partner and i are 25 yrs old and from the UK, we are indeed members and Enjoy being apart of the magic as much as you do, now please may we drink in peace?
Elderly man then said "Well i think its pathetic" got up and left with his wife and tail between his legs.
the barman then offered me a free drink as a sorry on this elderly mans behalf, which being 25 i am not going to refuse, however i do think people lack a little bit of respect. Rant over.

besides The top of the World Fiasco, we had a wonderful time

Anyway Until Next time:cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So my lovely girlfriend and i just got back from 17 night split stay at Beach Club Villas and BayLake Theme Park view.

a little run down of our experience

Beach Club Villas-
Once we walked through the Lobby of the Villas we immediately fell in love, what a beautiful well looked after DVC Resort.
Rooms- We stayed in a Studio Villa for 8 nights, we wasn't over whelmed when we first walked in thinking it could do with refurbishing, however it was clean and big enough for what we required. Another point is we couldn't get the Air Con to turn off for some strange reason, but still didn't let it bother us as we were both very excited to be starting our magical journey, and the fact we were very tired from our 9 hour flight.
Staff- Pleasant and friendly.
Location- One Word, PERFECT. easy access to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios, a relaxing walk around Boardwalk and the market place wasn't too far away to easily pop down to get an extra bottle of Soda or that naughty late night treat.

Overall- A very Quiet Resort and really enjoyed our stay here, will definitely be back.

BayLake Theme Park View-
We got dropped off at the Contemporary Resort and was greeted by a Lovely Young girl with an IPAD who checked us in and walked us over to Baylake to pick up our second lot of Magic bands. off to a great start.
Rooms- First impressions, very impressed, but with closer look, i don't think there well maintained at all, i understand they have a higher intake of Guests as compared to the other resorts, but i do think they could do with some work e.g- Mattress had gone, work surfaces had been battered, chips/dents out of most the furniture, but obviously wasn't a massive dent into our 6 night magical stay waking up to Cinderellas Castle .
we however did like the layout of the room especially for a studio and the mini kitchenette is pretty cool.
Theme Park view was brilliant especially for the first few nights, however after the 3rd night of wishes we did kind of wish we had a Lake view instead, but still was an experience that we really enjoyed, which most people will never get going to Disney world.

Staff- This for us was the best part of staying here, there were all very friendly and helpful, i think most days when we walked into the lobby we ended up chatting with the CM's on duty for 20+ mins. Amazing!

Overall- it was a great hotel to stay at and will probably end up going back if only to see the CM we met, the elevators are only a short walk away and the walkway to the contemporary, makes things a lot more accessible. 7/10

one point i may add, we went up to the Top of the world for drinks after our meal at Cali Grill we chose to sit at the bar by this elderly couple, who may i add, were the rudest i have ever met.
The first thing they said once we sat down was
Elderly man- " barman do they let anyone in here now then, you dont need to be a DVC member?" Barman- "Yes you need to be a member to be let in here"
Elderly Man- "oh right so what about those renting points like these two here"
Barman- " i am sure they are members sir"

To which i then took my band off proceed to place it in his eye line and explained that albeit my partner and i are 25 yrs old and from the UK, we are indeed members and Enjoy being apart of the magic as much as you do, now please may we drink in peace?
Elderly man then said "Well i think its pathetic" got up and left with his wife and tail between his legs.
the barman then offered me a free drink as a sorry on this elderly mans behalf, which being 25 i am not going to refuse, however i do think people lack a little bit of respect. Rant over.

besides The top of the World Fiasco, we had a wonderful time

Anyway Until Next time:cool:
Sometimes old people suck;). At least you got a free drink out of it:). I'm sure the bartender was probably just happy to see some people in there willing to have a few drinks. Every time I've been in there it's been pretty empty but I did feel very welcome by the staff.

I've stayed in both the MK view and LV rooms. I think the LV rooms at BLT are some of the most underrated in WDW. It's a really scenic lake and very peaceful. If you want to watch wishes it's easy enough to head to the lounge or even the windows by the elevator. The only thing I missed about not having a MK view room was going to bed at night looking at the castle lit up and waking and watching the monorails and train coming out in the morning. The lake view rooms are a little more private too.

Disneykidder

Whether or not you are members, that man should not have been so rude. The sense of entitlement and disrespect of some is, well, rude. I'm glad you didn't let him ruin your evening and kudos to the bartender.

epcotisbest

We went to Top of The World almost every night while staying at BLT for a week last Sept. The place was mostly empty. We don't drink, but did enjoy the view. I would have told incredibly rude man just how deep he could stick it. We had lake view and loved it.
image.jpg

DisDadWoz

So sorry that the incredibly rude man was even there. We have spent several nights up in the lounge to enjoy drinks and fireworks. (Yes, we're members) I can't even imagine someone doing that. Maybe they'll 'Will" their membership to more courteous decendants.

Ralphlaw

You know, it's often the bad experiences that bring people together. Your encounter with Mr. Rude is just the sort of thing that old and happy married couples look back at and laugh about. He sound like the kind of guy who has to dress a certain way, drive a certain car, and live in a certain neighborhood even though none of those trappings truly make him happy. I imagine Mr. Rude probably had some kind of impression that Top of The World was "exclusive" to "important people like me" with some kind of dress code or something. Just curious, but I assume you were dressed well after being at the California Grill, and you probably showered within the prior 48 hours.

Snobby jerks actually inspire my wife and I to either do better or utterly reject the world of the people who want to snob at us. I just hope I don't become one of the old and cranky crowd, but become one of the fun and laughing old people who temporarily "adopts" young people when they see them and make them all feel good when the conversation is done. "So, which part of England are you from?" "I wish I had discovered Disney when I was in my 20's." Believe me, it's the latter kind that lead the good and happy lives. Imagine being the wife, child or grandchild of Mr. Grump. Yikes.

baggienath7

Original Poster
You know, it's often the bad experiences that bring people together. Your encounter with Mr. Rude is just the sort of thing that old and happy married couples look back at and laugh about. He sound like the kind of guy who has to dress a certain way, drive a certain car, and live in a certain neighborhood even though none of those trappings truly make him happy. I imagine Mr. Rude probably had some kind of impression that Top of The World was "exclusive" to "important people like me" with some kind of dress code or something. Just curious, but I assume you were dressed well after being at the California Grill, and you probably showered within the prior 48 hours.

Snobby jerks actually inspire my wife and I to either do better or utterly reject the world of the people who want to snob at us. I just hope I don't become one of the old and cranky crowd, but become one of the fun and laughing old people who temporarily "adopts" young people when they see them and make them all feel good when the conversation is done. "So, which part of England are you from?" "I wish I had discovered Disney when I was in my 20's." Believe me, it's the latter kind that lead the good and happy lives. Imagine being the wife, child or grandchild of Mr. Grump. Yikes.

Thank you for your kind words, you would be correct about us being dressed well, its something we quite enjoy whilst on vacation to Disney is getting ourselves all dressed up for a nice meal/ night out as we don't get many opportunities when we are at home.
Our closest city is Wolverhampton/Birmingham which is right in the middle of England, many people seem to miss it when we speak to them as they all seem to talk about London or Edinburgh up in Scotland, which is a shame.
Anyway we do feel very lucky to be able to be Members and have met so many pleasant and wonderful people at Disney, its a shame so many of the people here wasn't there, i am sure we would of given him a fair few words.:cool:

Ralphlaw

I spent some time in Stratford, Leamington Spa, York, and Liverpool. Not quite your area, but outside of London and Edinburgh nevertheless. Yes, I'm sure it's a very nice area, but most people just rail right through.

Mr. Jerk probably had an evil desire to make you feel unworthy somehow. Sock it to him, I say. And, if you're a Christian, pray for him (as well as the people who have to tolerate him every day instead of just a few minutes at the bar).

BigTxEars

OK I started hating you after reading you had a 17 night stay.... :eek:

OK I am over my petty jealousy now....I am 45 and I would have taken the free drink too :) Heck throw in some fee grub if you want!

Old guy was just jealous that you had what he wanted most of all, youth. Forget him.

danniyell

Well, reason I came accross your thread was beccause I searched for 'Top of the World Lounge' because in just 14 days I will be enjoying the Delights of the Wonderful Disney World and was looking to head on up to the Top of the World Lounge in order to have a drink with my family and friends. How awful though to be confronted by such rude behaviour! I am 30 and I am a DVC member - from the UK and I am lucky to look very young. So much so I still get ID in the UK for 18!! I cant think of anything worse than this sort of age-ist remarks....to put you off something.
I am so glad that you did indeed say that you were a member and calrified that but I am sure that you really didnt have to.

I just hope that he's knocking about there when I am enjoying a view and a drink in the lovely lounge....may plump for a cocktail ;)

I think he must have been jealous of the fact that you are members so early on in your life! hehe - I think its a brillaint plus!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday though!

baggienath7

Original Poster
Well, reason I came accross your thread was beccause I searched for 'Top of the World Lounge' because in just 14 days I will be enjoying the Delights of the Wonderful Disney World and was looking to head on up to the Top of the World Lounge in order to have a drink with my family and friends. How awful though to be confronted by such rude behaviour! I am 30 and I am a DVC member - from the UK and I am lucky to look very young. So much so I still get ID in the UK for 18!! I cant think of anything worse than this sort of age-ist remarks....to put you off something.
I am so glad that you did indeed say that you were a member and calrified that but I am sure that you really didnt have to.

I just hope that he's knocking about there when I am enjoying a view and a drink in the lovely lounge....may plump for a cocktail ;)

I think he must have been jealous of the fact that you are members so early on in your life! hehe - I think its a brillaint plus!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday though!

Thank you for your kind words, its always good to hear from a fellow brit.
I'd definitely go and enjoy yourselves up there, the drinks were amazing.
I'm very Jealous your getting to go around this time of year though :oops: as personally i think its the best, especially with all the Halloween decorations up.

Where in the UK are you from?

danniyell

Im from Stone, Just North of Stafford so I am technically a fellow Midlander! :)

I do love Halloween time - last year we were there for Christmas, love the added extra decorations!! :) I usually go around September time but this year we are taking a few extra friends with us that could only do October - so hell we thought we would make the most of it and head over for 3 weeks! :) Wooopheeee. Cant tell you how excited i am right now - havent had a holiday since January!

baggienath7

Original Poster
Im from Stone, Just North of Stafford so I am technically a fellow Midlander! :)

I do love Halloween time - last year we were there for Christmas, love the added extra decorations!! :) I usually go around September time but this year we are taking a few extra friends with us that could only do October - so hell we thought we would make the most of it and head over for 3 weeks! :) Wooopheeee. Cant tell you how excited i am right now - havent had a holiday since January!

Hope your enjoying your Disney Holiday, look forward to reading your Trip Report when your home.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom