Just Got Back!! ...kinda....

KFWampa

Original Poster
Ok, so I actually got back on Thursdya but had not had a chance to post my trip report....

Tuesday: Arrived at All Star Sports and was actually able to check in to my room by 9:30am!! I love that Disney will get you in as early as possible. Room was ok but it looks like the All Star Sports needs some cleaning and general refurb. Our room was lookin kinda shaby. Still better than staying off property.

After check in we made our way to AK for Everest. My wife did not ride because she hates thrill rides. She did enjoy the authentic detail of the que which she had read about in detail. I loved the ride. It was great! Loved the backwards section most of all. After that we made our way to our usual stops at the Safari and so forth. Got to see the Otters being fed fish-pops. Talked to the nice cm for some time about the Otters. I love Otters!

After AK on to Epcot for Soarin. Just as a note, we didn't wait more than 10 minutes in line at any of the parks for any of the rides. The entire time down there the longest wait we ever saw was for Living With the Land. 45 MINUTES!! Crazy. Anyhoo..... Soarin was cool, but I did not see the big deal. Nice but in no way amaining in my opinion. Just my opinion. I like the new look of the land but I miss the individuality of the food stations. Reminds me of one of the All Star resorts now. The new Club Cool was nice but I still like the Coke Cave better. Less commercial I think. While we were at Dinner in Germany I overheard a CM who was there for dinner stating that Saorin would eventually become Soarin over America. :lookaroun So there's that. Discuss.

Wednsday: Day two consisted of MK and EPCOT World Showcase. Nothing new or amaizing to report. I was a little dissapointed to see the poor condition of the COP. I enjoy this ride a great deal for for gawd sakes I wish they would do some serious work on it. :brick: Poor condition, but given the number of people on it when I was htere, I understand. Buzz still needs some cleaning up. The cars look terrible. I rode POTC just in case I don't make it back before it closes. My wife and I did have a great talk about how to update the HM. It could be done while preserving the over all tone. Oh, IASW looked good. They need to drain it and clean out all the loose change. :) Went to DD that night. Ton of work going on down there. New shops being et up all over. Did like the new Candy Store. That was neat.

Thursday: Last bit of time we were there was spent at MGM. RR was down. Not amaized there, but oh well. TOT was great as usual. ST needs upadting but we've been through that a ton of times. The Stunt Show was cool. We went to the first show of the day and there were only a few glitches. Seemed as though a few sections may have been cut out. Not sure. Do they ever do anything with the Jet Ski??? Power Rangers meet and greet was way too loud! I'm glad the kids enjoy it, just turn it down a notch.

Well that's it. Sorry for no pictures, camera fraged on me. Thanks for reading!:sohappy:

mpaul32001

Sounds like you had a great trip! (And the Soarin' over America stuff should entertain me for a while...(FYI, Arguements...lol))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom