Just booked my first Disney cruise!

travelgal79

Original Poster
My sister and I just booked our first Disney cruise! We are heading to the Bahamas on the Dream for 3 nights. Looking for any tips and "must do's"....thanks

DisneyJoe

Find some of the Personal Navigators online before your trip and review them so you get an idea of all that is available to you. It can be very overwhelming if the first time you see one is the day that you board.

sweetpee_1993

Enjoy the shows. Get to know your servers & steward. Do the Mid-Ship Detective Agency. Try to hit an animation class. When you board go to Guest Services to book a mixology class or a tasting (if you partake). Go to the adult show "Match Your Mate". It's like the Newlywed Game....funny! On embarkation day they'll have Open House in the kids clubs. Go look at them! The theming is so cool...you'll want to be a kid again! Watch the Pirates in the Caribbean show & fireworks. Order Mickey's premium bars from room service & watch Disney movies on TV! Explore Castaway Cay!!!!

Brian & Jill

You have to ride the Aquaduck it's a blast!!! If you have travel mugs or some kind of sports bottles bring them with you so you are not stuck drinking pop(soda) out of little dinky cups. Are you only doing the cruise or are you going to be coming from the parks? If you are coming from the parks or driving to the ship you can carry on your own alcohol if you choose. We found that part out on our first cruise. Last but not least do not forget to have fun!!!!!

Bolna

Relax! Sit on a deck chair with a drink and/or a book and look out over the sea!! :)

Seriously, be aware that you won't be able to do everything on a 3-night cruise. Just enjoy being on the ship, pick a few things that you really want to do. And if you find out that you love cruising as much as the bunch of us that hang out on the DCL board here, you will be back and do all the stuff that you missed the first time around!

sweetpee_1993

You have to ride the Aquaduck it's a blast!!! If you have travel mugs or some kind of sports bottles bring them with you so you are not stuck drinking pop(soda) out of little dinky cups. Are you only doing the cruise or are you going to be coming from the parks? If you are coming from the parks or driving to the ship you can carry on your own alcohol if you choose. We found that part out on our first cruise. Last but not least do not forget to have fun!!!!!

All good tips! I forget... There's so many!

sweetpee_1993

Relax! Sit on a deck chair with a drink and/or a book and look out over the sea!! :)

Seriously, be aware that you won't be able to do everything on a 3-night cruise. Just enjoy being on the ship, pick a few things that you really want to do. And if you find out that you love cruising as much as the bunch of us that hang out on the DCL board here, you will be back and do all the stuff that you missed the first time around!
Yes! And book another cruise onboard!

Bolna

Yes! And book another cruise onboard!

Great tip!!

@travelgal79 booking another cruise while you are onboard gives you a 10% discount on the cruise fare, an onboard credit for that new cruise (I think 100$ for shorter cruises, 200$ for longer cruises) and if the cruise is 7 days or longer, you only have to pay a 10% deposit. The booking can be moved around (so, if you aren't sure when you want go, just that you want to go again, you can move it a later point in time as long as you booked while onboard), but the new cruise has to be completed within 18 months of the booking date. If you want to use a travel agent, you can tell them when you rebook, no need to transfer it later. If you enjoy cruising and if you can spare the money for the deposit, I would strongly suggest to get a new booking. You can always cancel if you find out that you don't want to use it. It is a great way to save money on Disney cruises!

tigger1968

The Dream is a huge ship. I had sailed twice on the Wonder and we were surprised and just how much larger the Dream is. You only are on for 3 nights, so my recommendation is just relax and find a few things to do, but don't feel any rush to see everything that DCL has for you. You can't! We focused on just exploring the ship, and spent a lot of time just enjoying the décor and theming. (Hint: pay close attention to the paintings.) We were on for a 4 night, and didn't even make it to a show or movie. Enjoy the day at Castaway Cay. We loved snorkeling, and the adults only side is very quiet and peaceful. I think that no matter what you do, you will have a blast.

jl2081

Bring a money envelope with some singles and order room service it's free, all you have to do is tip the person that brings it to you a couple bucks. The menu is small but the food is great, order the cheese platter while getting ready for dinner. Best secret I know of is the room service mickey bars, order those as much as you want (if you like them and I don't know anyone who doesn't) they aren't on the menu but they do have them!!! Also the cookies and milk make for a good finish to the night!

CB2@disney

Enjoy the shows. Get to know your servers & steward. Do the Mid-Ship Detective Agency. Try to hit an animation class. When you board go to Guest Services to book a mixology class or a tasting (if you partake). Go to the adult show "Match Your Mate". It's like the Newlywed Game....funny! On embarkation day they'll have Open House in the kids clubs. Go look at them! The theming is so cool...you'll want to be a kid again! Watch the Pirates in the Caribbean show & fireworks. Order Mickey's premium bars from room service & watch Disney movies on TV! Explore Castaway Cay!!!!

Sweetpee, I just have to tell you I talked to you once before our trip last April after reading post about the mixology classes. I did 3 different ones on the cruise and they were fantastic. Thanks for posting things like this.

sweetpee_1993

Sweetpee, I just have to tell you I talked to you once before our trip last April after reading post about the mixology classes. I did 3 different ones on the cruise and they were fantastic. Thanks for posting things like this.
You're so welcome! Glad you enjoyed them. I love Mixology!

mammaminnie

Definitely take some time to enjoy the ship. I love to spend my time on embarkation day just roaming and exploring the various decks to see what there is to do, etc. I also recommend trying to catch a sunset on the deck if you can (based on dinner time etc). It can be absolutely breathtaking at sea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom