Just an Idea............

Imagineer

Original Poster
Heres an idea for Disney that would bring a whole new meaning to ride experience!

For my protection I will give the basics. I do however have concept drawings, a script, even a rough model in the works (all of which came from practice for my major in Architecture, except the script). The main idea for this ride is that the guest is put into the environment, they do not see it, they live it. The ride is roughly based on Universal Studios TWISTER ride but it ends at the idea of recreating a tornadoe in a controlled environment.

The experience's name is STORM FORCE. The broad idea is that you are touring Storm Lab 1, a place that monitors the sky for severe storms. Your tour is the basic stuff that gives you a background about intense storms. During your tour, there are signs of a strong storm approaching. For exapmle, power surges, strong wind and rain seen through windows, and unexpected sounds over the intercome. In the finale stage of the tour you think you are going to go into the tornado testing facility to see a recreation of an F5 tornadoe. Right as the castmember leading your tour says "When you see that terror of wind charging toward you, all you can do is HANG ON FOR YOUR LIFE!" a tornado siren goes off and the tour must reroute to an escape. (There are many special effects that play on your senses to believe the tornado is right by you at this point) Your only escape route is an EMT Vehicle (Indy/Dinasour vehicles). The catch is that there are four, yes FOUR different tracks with multiple versions on each to create litterally hundreds of thousands of variations on the actual ride (Indy has over 100,000 variations). During the escape there will be multiple 'real' tornadoes and MANY effects. All is done in realtime, no film.

The script I have written is MUCH more detailed, and is even written as a movie script (each cast member and voice over the intercome is laid out and timed to effects). The whole idea of this attraction is your expecting one thing, and recieve another. Also, no two rides will ever be alike for the changes in this attraction are major ones such as where the tornadoes are and what path you take. I understand how expensive this attraction would be but hey its in all good fun! Also, I have an understanding in crowd control and have designed the ride to begin before the line does. Hard to explain but trust me, in reality, you will never be in a line as long as there is no more than a theoretical wait time of about an hour. I wish I could say more detail but must not for my protection to make this idea a reality one day. I might tell more as time goes on in this forum.

So what do yall think?

NowInc

Nice idea...only the "danger" of people getting really scared may be a bit too "un-disney"....

I like where its giong tho...cool idea ;)

Imagineer

Original Poster
I understand what you are saying in that getting too scared is "un-disney" but I believe Disney makes the most terrifying attractions. I am a rollercoaster enthusiast on top of being a Disney Fanatic, and I must say Disney is the only company to actually give me chills and get my heart pumping from a stand still position. Examples are Alien Encounter, Tower of Terror (not knowing the drop sequence), Test Track (barrier test), and Count Down to Exctinction (sp?). Those are some of Disney's most terrifying rides and people LOVE them (well Dinasour is not as good but you know). However part of the reason people probably love them is the fact that you KNOW it is not real because of the fantasy setting. I believe my attraction would scare people who are affraid of tornadoes and give people who are "afraid of nothing" a little jolt in suprises.

However, I did forget to mention that another big point w/ this attraction is that it is VERY educational. Through the line and tour you learn all kind of saftey techniques and random facts to add to the thrill in the end, because everything that could go wrong does, and you know it from all that was said in the preshow.

Chad

I had almost the exact same idea, only it wasn't a weather 'research' facility, I tried to bring a bit more humor into it..It was more like a struggling tourist attraction, called StrormChasers

"SkyDivings for Wimps, Swimming with Sharks is for LOSERS, you Haven't LIVED till' you'ved CHASED the Storm!"

That was what the slogan was gonna be, and Mine was an EMV attraction too.

Yours Sounds Fun, Too, And I agree that Disney makes the best thrill rides :)

Just wanted to post this so if you went over to SOJI you wouldn't think I stole your Idea.. (if you didn't look at the post dates, anyways)

Imagineer

Original Poster
SOJI??

How do you get into the SOJI boards? I went to the site in your signature Chad and found no helpful info. Any info on how to help out in your "quest" would be great. I have some ideas for that legends park, especially a hotel concept that would fit perfectly in to the main entrance! Any info would be great!

WDW-Imagineer

Re: SOJI??

Originally posted by Imagineer
How do you get into the SOJI boards? I went to the site in your signature Chad and found no helpful info. Any info on how to help out in your "quest" would be great. I have some ideas for that legends park, especially a hotel concept that would fit perfectly in to the main entrance! Any info would be great!

Hi! I'm a moderator over on the SOJI Boards. I'll make the necessary arrangements to give you access to the boards.

woofboy111

The ride idea sounds good, but the name needs to change. This isn't because it's a bad name, but Islands of Adventure already has a X-men themed "Storm Force," and I don't think universal would be too happy if Disney copied their name.

Chad

Yeah, StormRider.
We were really at each others necks over whether we should use StormRider (Simulator) or StormChaser (EMV)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom