Jurassic Ride Adventure ?

Myron

Original Poster
Regarding the Jurassic Park Ride, I have a few questions. Is the ride the exact same as that in Hollywood? I recall the ride in Hollywood ends with an outdoor 65 foot drop where everybody gets splashed, even spectators as the drop was out of doors. Has the ride been changed so that the drop is now covered in a tunnel-like structure? If the tunnel got built, was it to protect the public from being splashed or to make the attraction more scary? I recall photos of the guests were taken during the final drop.

JoeCamel

No and no, you might get wet (you will) but it was not put in a tunnel. I don't know if it is the same as H'wood, have not ridden theirs. Public can still get wet if they stand in the clearly marked splash zone.

JT3000

The drop is indoors until you get to the bottom, which still splashes spectators. Your photo is still taken during the drop, which you can buy in the gift shop. Nothing has changed.

There are several small differences between Hollywood's version and Orlando's, but it is essentially the same ride.

Mukta

Regarding the Jurassic Park Ride, I have a few questions. Is the ride the exact same as that in Hollywood? I recall the ride in Hollywood ends with an outdoor 65 foot drop where everybody gets splashed, even spectators as the drop was out of doors. Has the ride been changed so that the drop is now covered in a tunnel-like structure? If the tunnel got built, was it to protect the public from being splashed or to make the attraction more scary? I recall photos of the guests were taken during the final drop.

It is not the exact same ride, but it is very similar. I feel like CA has a few more dinosaurs.

The ride has not been changed. You start the drop in a tunnel and it ends outside. That is the way it has always been.

cheezbat

It is not the exact same ride, but it is very similar. I feel like CA has a few more dinosaurs.
You are correct. The Hollywood version does have more dinosaurs.

I actually prefer their version over Orlando's. the Raptor that drops out of the ceiling, the falling Explorer car, the first T-Rex attack, then the second swinging through the waterfall...and a spray from Dilophosaurs right before you exit and think its all over...it just has better pacing overall.

Californian Elitist

The drop is indoors until you get to the bottom, which still splashes spectators. Your photo is still taken during the drop, which you can buy in the gift shop. Nothing has changed.

There are several small differences between Hollywood's version and Orlando's, but it is essentially the same ride.

Hollywood's drop is 84 feet.

Bairstow

Hollywood's version is superior.
The Singapore version is a really interesting variant in that it's actually circular raft rapids ride instead of a boat chute.

Slipknot

Hollywood's version is superior.

Gotta disagree. Rode Hollywood's version last January and the Jeep didn't fall over the edge (Understandable. The mechanics of that effect must be a nightmare.) but did have movement like it was being nudged by T-Rex. I was really hoping it would fall but I can wait to see it in full. The Raptor containment area is better in Orlando since you can see the Raptors have escaped and the sparks effect from their broken fence is still working (Hollywood Tower Hotel sign, anyone?). As for the T-Rex above the drop, it looks like he's floating in midair and looked awkward. This isn't to say Hollywood's version doesn't have some things better than Orlando's. I liked how lit up the buildings lift hill was and the attacking Raptors reveals (ceiling Raptor!) and how they made the lift look a little longer than it actually is. I also liked the green color of the pool after the drop. I won't say either is superior, though. I'd say they are about even, IMHO. That might change if my plans to go back to California next year happen and the Jeep goes over the edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom