Jurassic Park to get enhancements?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm

While I don’t have an exact time for these, as I’m told the projects are still in flux, it sounds like Universal has been tasked with enhancing and adding some smaller new attractions to the Jurassic Park area. Of course this means that the current Camp Jurassic playland area, the new Raptor Encounter area, all the way down to the Discovery Center building could either be repurposed or leveled completely to fit in new attractions. It is too early to say exactly what is coming, but rumors of two small to medium sized coasters (wood and steel) were mentioned, and I assume this will likely see the removal of the low-capacity Pterradon Flyers coaster. There was also talk of some kind of flat ride, some kind of family car/jeep ride, and rumors of a Dinosaur Vet Paddock that would become an enhanced and permanent home to an upgraded version of the Raptor Encounter concept, but this one will feature a number of different species.

Depending on just how expansive a budget they get however, I have heard early rumored that suggested that a Jurassic World style Gyrosphere attraction concept was also in development. With so many possibilities and projects being talked about, this could be a multi-year expansion effort as well to enhance the overall Jurassic Park theme, which only makes sense given how popular the brand has become since the Jurassic World film, which has a sequel on the way as well.

JT3000

That's great and all, but I suspect it's been a while since Screamscape actually looked at a map of the park. And I'd be surprised if they removed Camp Jurassic or the Discovery Center.

I was hoping this meant enhancements to the River Adventure. It needs it.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Camp Jurassic is pretty much perfect as-is. They better not touch it.
The Discovery Center, on the other hand, was badly dated on the day it opened. I worked at a children's science museum that had a vastly superior Dinosaur exhibit/activity hall that predated this one by 5 years, and at this point there are dozens of better versions of this type of exhibit all over the world.

I've never been able to ride the flyers, and probably never will, so I could understand if it's sacrificed to add something with more capacity.

Daniel Johnson

I'm a little late to the party...as we are going to uni the 20th this month, I started looking into what has been closed. Saw Jurassic Park is...any reason why?

Bairstow

I'm a little late to the party...as we are going to uni the 20th this month, I started looking into what has been closed. Saw Jurassic Park is...any reason why?

Normal scheduled maintenance, as I understand it.
Some friends of mine rode it the day before it closed (Valentines) and said numerous effects were not working.

Daniel Johnson

Thank you, we went to uni last year, and it was my first trip to IoA. I was pretty bummed that JP was closed at that time. So, I'm pretty pumped to get to ride it this month!

DarthMileZ

i think they should completely change it to jurassic world. change the colour schemes, change up the T-Rex to the indomenius or whatever its called.. would be more relevant.

JT3000

i think they should completely change it to jurassic world. change the colour schemes, change up the T-Rex to the indomenius or whatever its called.. would be more relevant.

That would be very short-sighted. Jurassic World is only one film in the Jurassic Park series.
Considering what happened, the park is likely closed forever, and I wouldn't expect them to use any of JW's concepts again in future sequels, including the title or Indominus Rex. Well, maybe the stupid dino soldier idea...

Last edited:

danpam1024

That's like saying Star Wars land at DHS should be based only on Episode VII :jawdrop:. My favorite part of the JP area is the amber caves in camp jurassic :)

Last edited:

DarthMileZ

That would be very short-sighted. Jurassic World is only one film in the Jurassic Park series.
Considering what happened, the park is likely closed forever, and I wouldn't expect them to use any of JW's concepts again in future sequels, including the title or Indominus Rex. Well, maybe the stupid dino soldier idea...

they've already confirmed it will be called 'Jurassic World II' and even though the original was very successful, Jurassic World has grossed more

That's like saying Star Wars land at DHS should be based only on Episode VII :jawdrop:. My favorite part of the JP area is the amber caves in camp jurassic :)

Not really, Star Wars is split in chapters that work as one story, the jurassic park films stand alone, especially the original and JW.

I think they should too, but still use elements from the other films.

Meh, not so hot on the idea of Lost World or JPIII references, the original and JW are the best ones.

JT3000

they've already confirmed it will be called 'Jurassic World II' and even though the original was very successful, Jurassic World has grossed more

The sequel is confirmed, but it doesn't have a title yet. The media has been calling it 'Jurassic World 2' only as a placeholder, despite 'Jurrassic Park 5' making infinitely more sense, seeing as how JW wasn't a reboot.

Jurassic World grossed more than Jurassic Park only due to inflation. Many more people have actually seen Jurassic Park.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Not really, Star Wars is split in chapters that work as one story, the jurassic park films stand alone, especially the original and JW.

Meh, not so hot on the idea of Lost World or JPIII references, the original and JW are the best ones.

Actually you cant watch The Lost World without knowing what happened in the first and why they returned to the island. Same goes for JPIII.

cinderellaworld

I agree, I mean when you think of Jurassic Park you think of the T-Rex and the 1st movie, fair enough JW grossed more but JP is more iconic I think which I why completely changing it to JW would not go down well.

CastleBound

Has there been any scoops on the Jurassic Park section recently? I haven't heard anything lately. I know it's a tough project due to it's location and park size, but hopefully we get something in Orlando. I'm still begging.

AndyMagic

Has there been any scoops on the Jurassic Park section recently? I haven't heard anything lately. I know it's a tough project due to it's location and park size, but hopefully we get something in Orlando. I'm still begging.

There's plans for nearly every area of the park including Jurassic. The issue is timing and Universal doesn't shy away from shuffling things around at the drop of a hat. Prior to Skull Island's last minute greenlight, Jurassic was supposed to be next in line for some attention. With Fallon, Furious, Volcano Bay, Nintendo, the Dragon Challenge Project, and the 6th hotel, the issue at this point is a limited pool of resources and I'm not talking about money. There are only so many engineering and construction companies to go around.

CastleBound

There's plans for nearly every area of the park including Jurassic. The issue is timing and Universal doesn't shy away from shuffling things around at the drop of a hat. Prior to Skull Island's last minute greenlight, Jurassic was supposed to be next in line for some attention. With Fallon, Furious, Volcano Bay, Nintendo, the Dragon Challenge Project, and the 6th hotel, the issue at this point is a limited pool of resources and I'm not talking about money. There are only so many engineering and construction companies to go around.
Of course, of course. There's a ton going on right now, but I'm just wondering what rumblings are out there. Previously I've heard all kinds of things from the demo of Camp Jurassic to an expansion into the potential third park. It's still such a shame Kong was built were it was. A better spot would have given JP more options. They are slim on options at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom